Nintendo Switch Page 805

• Page

of 818 First / Last

• superbob85 6 Oct 2017 17:05:53 7,834 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Surely Nintendo understand the need for a decent online service for friends to easily set up games. The switch is a great system that's miles begins in terms of online capability.
  • THFourteen 6 Oct 2017 17:11:39 45,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    superbob85 wrote:
    Surely Nintendo understand the need for a decent online service for friends to easily set up games. The switch is a great system that's miles begins in terms of online capability.
    I think they please understand.
  • THFourteen 6 Oct 2017 17:13:50 45,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Hm. Back to using my Switch now Stardew Valley is out.

I'd forgotten how much handpain holding it in portable mode gives me. This shit aint ergonomic at all.
    Havent played SDV yet but was thinking the other day, any game which requires continuous use of the right analog stick e.g. an fps, is going to be pretty much unplayable without handpain.
  • DangerousDave_87 6 Oct 2017 17:14:08 2,445 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I imagine a huge is update is in the works. They promised video capture before the console launched and an indie developer did let slip that achievements were being looked into. I imagine we'll see something substantial before this online service gets up and running, but that's not until the new year. :/
  • DangerousDave_87 6 Oct 2017 17:15:54 2,445 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Hm. Back to using my Switch now Stardew Valley is out.

I'd forgotten how much handpain holding it in portable mode gives me. This shit aint ergonomic at all.
    Havent played SDV yet but was thinking the other day, any game which requires continuous use of the right analog stick e.g. an fps, is going to be pretty much unplayable without handpain.
    My miss managed an 8 hour stint on Stardew Valley yesterday and that was undocked. I've managed 3 or 4 hours of Zelda undocked and my wrists and hands seemingly held up.
  • superbob85 6 Oct 2017 17:17:41 7,834 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I forgot all about the new service coming to switch. That will be the starting point to improve the service. I have faith in Nintendo.
  • DangerousDave_87 6 Oct 2017 17:27:35 2,445 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I wouldn't say faith, but I hope!
  • CompetitiveDad 6 Oct 2017 17:41:31 7,208 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Genuinely can't remember that last time I played online with a Nintendo console. I'm loving my Switch for local co-op with friends and with my kids, even the missus has joined in on the fun. All my memories of "Nintendo magic" always involved a room full of people.

I would like to see Party chat and messages added and i'd appreciate a friend's feed for videos and screenshot uploads etc and I'd love a YouTube app.
  • superbob85 6 Oct 2017 17:46:42 7,834 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I enjoyed splatoon and mk 8 Wii u online but obviously miles behind the big 2. I just played strangers though never had any connection problems either.
  • Addy_B 6 Oct 2017 17:54:02 1,074 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I'd just be happy with messaging. I don't use party chat or whatever else feature wise the PS4 and Xbox have. I'm not a massive online player tbh. I've barely played splatoon 2 online and didn't bother with MK since I rinsed it on the Wii U. I'd probably buy it again if I sourced a decent pre owned copy in the future.

It is disappointing though the lack of online features from day one. I also would of liked miiverse to remain in some form. Thankfully they've fixed the main bugbear people had with the Wii U which is games, well lack of. It's got a decent library already and to have MK, Zelda and a Mario platformer in its first year is excellent. I know the first two are ports but fuck it eh!

I seem to have just gone off on one there so I'll leave it at that.
  • CompetitiveDad 6 Oct 2017 19:42:20 7,208 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    superbob85 wrote:
    I enjoyed splatoon and mk 8 Wii u online but obviously miles behind the big 2. I just played strangers though never had any connection problems either.
    The funny thing is on my PS4 I wouldn't game if I couldn't be connected online with the Nintendo Switch it doesn't bother me at all.
  • rice_sandwich 6 Oct 2017 19:50:15 2,872 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I played a few more levels of Butcher. It is fun and accessible on the lowest difficulty level. What I didn't realise at first is that you can use one stick to move and the other to aim around in a 360 degree arc. That made it a bit easier to deal with flying enemies

It's not quite a twin stick shooter or an action platformer. After about an hour on it I give it a modest recommendation, certainly seems to be worth its £9 price tag. That said, the trick with these decent, fairly cheap indie games is finding the time to play them.

It's the sort of thing that's be £5 on Steam, meaning I'd play it for 20 minutes then never load it again. Thankfully I'm doing so much better with these kinds of games on the Switch.
  • Addy_B 6 Oct 2017 20:01:06 1,074 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I watched some gameplay footage of it before and thought it looked pretty fun. £7.24 from South Africa so may pick it up.
  • rice_sandwich 6 Oct 2017 20:27:45 2,872 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Addy_B

It looks like it has 24 levels and a final boss. I can complete a level in 4 or 5 minutes.
  • Addy_B 6 Oct 2017 21:49:53 1,074 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @rice_sandwich

Yeah I am tempted.
  • el_pollo_diablo 6 Oct 2017 22:39:57 2,689 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iíve been replaying Mr Shifty the past couple of evenings and itís really fun. An overlooked gem.
  • Vinicity 6 Oct 2017 22:46:56 239 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I just picked up Oxenfree from the Russian eShop. It cost only £9.24, which is half the price for it in the Swedish eShop...

And my Swedish PayPal account worked perfectly when paying, so it is really not much hassle at all.
  • Phattso 6 Oct 2017 23:13:36 21,809 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    I played a few more levels of Butcher. It is fun and accessible on the lowest difficulty level. What I didn't realise at first is that you can use one stick to move and the other to aim around in a 360 degree arc. That made it a bit easier to deal with flying enemies
    Bought it myself. Stinking Casual difficulty for me and Iím having a blast. Pun intended. Definitely reminiscent of Abuse from back in the day. Iím not displeased with the purchase. :)
  • CompetitiveDad 7 Oct 2017 06:02:27 7,208 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/pokken-tournament-dx-switch/

£34.99 for next couple of days

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 06:02:44 07-10-2017
  • scoobysi 7 Oct 2017 09:41:57 1,304 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone having trouble with black screening from dock? Happened last few times and requires hard reset, havenít bought Golf Story which some seem to be linking it to so maybe an update?
  • JoelStinty 7 Oct 2017 09:47:16 5,684 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Iíve been replaying Mr Shifty the past couple of evenings and itís really fun. An overlooked gem.
    The rate that indies are releasing on the switch, i think most games are overlooked gems at this point :) My Watchlist must be in its 20's now, and there are probably a couple more i could add to that as well that i haven't looked into .

That is one thing i wish the ps store had , a watch list, saying that it'd be redundant now, most indies will be now played on the switch. Hope it gets some more ports of older classic indies. Hope Hob gets an announcement soon.

Edited by JoelStinty at 09:47:56 07-10-2017
  • nudistpete 7 Oct 2017 09:47:39 66 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @scoobysi I attributed it to thimbleweed park, but others thought it was down to their secondary accounts being in a different region. I've switched my secondary account to another European region country (South Africa, amusingly) and I've not observed it since.
  • LittleSparra 7 Oct 2017 09:59:03 6,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am curious about the reaction to 'Indies' on Switch. Asfaik the other consoles, let alone PC, have a steady stream of releases, often daily. Is it more that because of portability, Switch owners pay more attention to them?
  • monkman76 7 Oct 2017 10:01:57 11,663 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @JoelStinty PSN has a wish list, is that not what you mean?
  • scoobysi 7 Oct 2017 10:04:00 1,304 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nudistpete I donít have a secondary account or thimbleweed, the last game I bought was Sonic Mania. Only thing I did recently was change the power settings to match TV, I turned that off last night and it was oks this morning at least.
  • monkman76 7 Oct 2017 10:04:45 11,663 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LittleSparra wrote:
    I am curious about the reaction to 'Indies' on Switch. Asfaik the other consoles, let alone PC, have a steady stream of releases, often daily. Is it more that because of portability, Switch owners pay more attention to them?
    I have a Vita and a PS4, and I'll generally only buy an indie game if it's on Vita too. For some reason, on the rare ish occasions I get use of the TV, I want to play a 'full fat', AAA, 3D polygon, whatever you want to call it kind of game. Indies just seem perfectly suited to handhelds.
  • THFourteen 7 Oct 2017 10:14:34 45,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @LittleSparra

Because there are no other games
  • Phattso 7 Oct 2017 10:19:39 21,809 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, it's definitely a combination of the portability of the console and the fact there's little else (despite Nintendo apparently "shooting themselves in the foot" by making Zelda so long - according to some numpty anyway, I forget who ;-) ).

Indies on PS4 and PC went unplayed in many cases for me because there was either something 'bigger' to play, or because it didn't seem worth firing a machine up for something so lightweight.

Switch is five seconds from having the notion to playing, so I've found myself enjoying the more arcadey indie games.
  • JiveHound 7 Oct 2017 10:22:00 8,756 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A lot of indies just make sense in handheld form. Golf story is a perfect example. Not too immersive, quick pick up and play.

Edit: Or what Phattso said

Edited by JiveHound at 10:24:04 07-10-2017
  • JiveHound 7 Oct 2017 10:25:28 8,756 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As an xbox owner too the Switch is getting decent indies that fail to launch on my home console.
  • Page

of 818 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.