Recently Completed Games Page 315

• Page

of 417 First / Last

• BloodMountain88 3 Mar 2013 13:53:35 150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Far Cry 3.

Overall thought it was a very good game. The story does run out of steam in it's final third though, and it felt like a bit of a slog to see the story through to completion. Loved the gun play and the number of weapons available, and how hunting and collecting plants actually serves a purpose in the game. The 'boss fights' (if you can even call them that) however were terrible, and I disliked the sections that forced you into stealth.

If I had to score it, I'd say it was an 8/10.
  • Triggerhappytel 3 Mar 2013 15:07:28 2,695 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BloodMountain88
    I was all set to buy FC3 when it hits the right price - and I've cleared some of the backlog - but you and I share similar tastes and I have a feeling it'll piss me off as much as I enjoy it. Maybe I'll rent it first to make sure I like it.

Anyway, now I'm done with Sleeping Dogs I think I'll go back to Rage and get on with The Scorchers.
  • BloodMountain88 3 Mar 2013 15:13:44 150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel Unless you really want to play the online/co-op modes (which are locked behind an online pass), renting it first is probably a good idea. Although I enjoyed it for the most part, I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

It's definitely not as good as some reviews made it out to be either in my opinion.
  • Alastair 4 Mar 2013 08:20:43 16,051 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GTA 4

I finished the final mission last night - Revenger's Tragedy.
    I was sure I'd done *everything* but I am stuck at approx 94% complete. Does anyone know if you can lose the friend skills (bomb, guns and chopper) such that they don't count to your score, even though I unlocked them in the game...?? It's about the only think I can think of that might be the cause.
  • andytheadequate 4 Mar 2013 11:32:41 8,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Alastair - will it not tell you in the stats screen?

I've just finished a playthrough of Empire Total War, or I thought I had before it allowed me to continue playing. I'm now considering trying to capture the rest of the rather large map...
  • Alastair 4 Mar 2013 11:35:23 16,051 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @andytheadequate : It's not clear from the stats.
    I took a look on Gamefaqs, and it seems that you have to do all possible activities with each friend. I only played pool with one person, so I guess I need to one final session of grinding...
  • Bawsy74 4 Mar 2013 12:21:53 173 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Homefront

Mostly underwheling. A very average first half, saved by a pretty decent final few levels. Shortest game I have played in a long time.

Couldn't try the multiplayer unfortunately, as the main server appears to be down.

6/10
  • Vortex808 4 Mar 2013 12:29:07 7,299 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shame. I enjoyed the Homefront MP quite a bit when it was released.

It was far better than the campaign IMO!

Edited by Vortex808 at 12:29:24 04-03-2013
  • imamazed 4 Mar 2013 12:32:28 5,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

New to the ps3, so I'm checking out all the exclusives. Incredibly underwhelmed by Infamous, loved Heavy Rain, and now this.

I really enjoyed it. In terms of storyline, it's all very cliched and by-the-books ostensibly, yet it somehow feels really fresh. The dialogue, again, is nothing revolutionary, but it's very entertaining. None of the gameplay elements are outstanding really, but shooting and platforming are very solid. Somehow it amounts to more than the sum of its parts. Variety of gameplay coupled with excellent pacing make it a blast all the way through. There were some gunfights that got a little frustrating, but I can't say they were massively unfair.

A really solid title (as I'm sure everybody already knows!) yet not one I could truly say was outstanding. Very much looking forward to picking up 2 and 3 sometime soon (backlog permitting).

8/10

Edited by imamazed at 12:33:22 04-03-2013
  • frugtkompot 4 Mar 2013 13:39:12 2,819 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do look forward to Uncharted 2. It's a massive improvement over the first one and contains some of the most memorable set pieces and sequences this generation has to offer.

Third one is good too.
  • Ultrasoundwave 4 Mar 2013 13:49:12 3,337 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bawsy74 wrote:
    Homefront

Mostly underwheling. A very average first half, saved by a pretty decent final few levels. Shortest game I have played in a long time.

Couldn't try the multiplayer unfortunately, as the main server appears to be down.

6/10
    Could not get along with this game at all. The PS2-standard graphics and paint-by-numbers gameplay just didnt sit well with me.

Should have been a lot better than it was.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• MooseTache 4 Mar 2013 13:50:46 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (360)

Throughout the entire playthrough of the singleplayer campaign, I just kept hearing Alan Partridge shouting 'Don't get Bond wrong!'. I don't really understand the point of this 'reimagining' whatsoever, it borrows certain elements (particular characters, locations, storylines) from the film/original game but then crowbars in so much other guff that at times it feels like Eurocom would have been better off just making an original game based on an original story. As it stands it feels like it can't decide as to whether it is a Bond game or a Call of Duty game, which brings me on to the gameplay...

The standard running and gunning gameplay felt like an absolute chore. There were numerous sections where enemies just appear and gun you down almost instantly. Sometimes the only choice was to just sprint past them, hoping I would activate the next trigger point, as anything else (shooting them, finding cover then shooting them) would just result in reloading the checkpoint. Oh, and the end boss fight was just annoying, definitely one of the throwbacks to the original game that they SHOULD have changed.

Stealth gameplay was slightly better, until enemies started spotting me through cover (Jungle and Control levels I'm looking at you), but generally it was quite satisfying being able to sneak about using nothing but the silenced pistol.

Graphics and audio all looked/sounded the part, except for the updated Alec who annoyed the hell out of me (how is him wearing a lime green tanktop/shirt combination, looking like a college lecturer, in any way menacing?!).

May be worth noting that I played on Operative difficulty setting, played a couple of the MI6 Ops missions and haven't even touched multiplayer.

Pros:
    -Looks/sounds alright
    -Facility level and a couple of others are reasonable
    -Eurocom won't be making any more Bond games

Cons:
    -Annoying AI
    -Pointless updates to story
    -Supporting characters are awful compared to original film
    -Most levels became tedious and a real slog
    -None of the Bond charm

Overall, a very disappointing: 3/10
  • Bremenacht 4 Mar 2013 13:58:57 18,719 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, if you liked 1 you'll love 2. It's more of the same, but better, faster and stronger. Maybe harder too.

The 'on rails' (ahem!) section is easily a top 5 gaming highlight of this gen.

ed. @ the Uncharted chaps.

Edited by Bremenacht at 13:59:25 04-03-2013
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Mar 2013 14:07:21 8,326 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "Cat and Mouse" was my favourite Uncharted 2 level. I think it is one or two levels after the 'on rails' section.

Awesome game. Enjoyed it far more than Uncharted 3 which is a better game than 1 but not as cohesive in its narrative.
  • glaeken 4 Mar 2013 14:11:14 11,221 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anarchy reigns - Reasonable good fun though not the 9/10 EG put on it if you only play single player. I think I would give it a 7/10 based on the single player.
  • kinky_mong 4 Mar 2013 17:22:43 10,438 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MooseTache wrote:

Throughout the entire playthrough of the singleplayer campaign, I just kept hearing Alan Partridge shouting 'Don't get Bond wrong!'.
    He actually says "Stop getting Bond wrong!"

Stop getting Partridge wrong!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• MooseTache 4 Mar 2013 19:37:16 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    MooseTache wrote:

Throughout the entire playthrough of the singleplayer campaign, I just kept hearing Alan Partridge shouting 'Don't get Bond wrong!'.

I stand corrected :D
  • Rens11 5 Mar 2013 20:57:30 1,418 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Killzone 3

satisfying gunplay, gorgeous graphics and soundtrack. Probably the best shooter this gen imo

9.5/10

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• richardiox 5 Mar 2013 21:00:19 5,640 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoyed KZ3, but best shooter this generation?!
  • Rens11 5 Mar 2013 22:19:16 1,418 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cod 4 while at the time was better but going back to it now I'd take killzones gunplay over it any day

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Deleted user 7 March 2013 22:10:05
    Kane and Lynch 2

Ha ha I totally loved this. Put it on for a change of pace from assassin's creed as it's been sitting around for a while.

Similar to the darkness 2 here's a game with a very unique style, and it too lays it's cards on the table early on. Like the darkness 2, I had a great time with it over a few nights. Shanghai is a brilliantly realised setting and it's a fantastic backdrop to the game.

Wheras the first game shot for the moon and missed (although I loved it for it) this game is stripped right back of all frills. Combat is tight and frantic, the plot zips along and I loved that it just revolved around them trying to get out of the city after they fuck up.

Kane and lynch games are polarising and get a fair share of mauling. I don't get it. Truly. I buy into what they are and I love them for it. This was like some violent b movie. I've seen this game get attacked for a broken cover system and bullet sponge enemies. Not on my playthrough. Minimal characterisation, well, there was more than most games.

I would say if you haven't play it then go and play it. But you'd probably hate it. Me? I'm getting ready for another play through.

A solid 9 out of 10 for me.

Disclaimer: this score is influenced by the fact I didn't pay full whack for the game. If I had I would still love it but be a tad less forgiving about it's length and other minor flaws. Would still rate it high though.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 22:13:42 07-03-2013
  • Short-Round 7 Mar 2013 23:20:13 1,181 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed both as well. Though the level in 2 where they're both nude was daft, and the amount of scars they had was silly, they'd have bled to death.
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Mar 2013 09:00:02 3,337 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Kane and Lynch 2

Ha ha I totally loved this. Put it on for a change of pace from assassin's creed as it's been sitting around for a while.

Similar to the darkness 2 here's a game with a very unique style, and it too lays it's cards on the table early on. Like the darkness 2, I had a great time with it over a few nights. Shanghai is a brilliantly realised setting and it's a fantastic backdrop to the game.

Wheras the first game shot for the moon and missed (although I loved it for it) this game is stripped right back of all frills. Combat is tight and frantic, the plot zips along and I loved that it just revolved around them trying to get out of the city after they fuck up.

Kane and lynch games are polarising and get a fair share of mauling. I don't get it. Truly. I buy into what they are and I love them for it. This was like some violent b movie. I've seen this game get attacked for a broken cover system and bullet sponge enemies. Not on my playthrough. Minimal characterisation, well, there was more than most games.

I would say if you haven't play it then go and play it. But you'd probably hate it. Me? I'm getting ready for another play through.

Disclaimer: this score is influenced by the fact I didn't pay full whack for the game. If I had I would still love it but be a tad less forgiving about it's length and other minor flaws. Would still rate it high though.

Yeah i can definitely see where you're coming from here. I picked it up about a year ago for about 6 (new) and i had an absolute blast with it - satisfying shooting, two unique protagonists and just a generally fun game.

Probably more like an 8/10 for me, but still, nowhere near as bad as some people made out.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Raiko101 8 Mar 2013 09:47:22 6,423 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rens11 Much prefer Killzone 2 to any game in the COD series. I think the level design, in terms of combat, is much better.

An unpopular opinion, but I loved the first one for the same reason.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 8 March 2013 10:04:22
    @Ultrasoundwave totally man. Plus I thought the final third from naked slicy street run to the airport via the chopper and down through the tower block was particularly superb.

If I say one thing it's that Kane with his weird beard rendering made him look a bit like Gary the Ventriloquist dummy from Harry Hill years ago, there was a skit when he had this beard and, well, they look the same.
  • [maven] 8 Mar 2013 13:09:24 5,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just finished King of the Wood, which is like a tiny Deus Ex / Blade Runner indy thing. I thought it was nice.
  • Adamical 8 Mar 2013 13:16:32 314 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MooseTache wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    MooseTache wrote:

I stand corrected :D
    Said the man in the orthopedic shoes!
  • creepylizard 8 Mar 2013 13:18:08 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Adamical
    Back of the net!
  • Reacher 8 Mar 2013 13:22:10 854 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Kane and Lynch 2

I thought Kane and Lynch one was decent, the bank heist at the start is really cool. I might try the second one if I see if cheap. (CASHBACK!)

Edited by Reacher at 13:22:58 08-03-2013
  • timetraveler 8 Mar 2013 14:47:49 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just finished Dead Space 3
  • Page

of 417 First / Last