Recently Completed Games Page 339

• Page

of 422 First / Last

• Syrette 30 Jun 2013 11:36:26 44,101 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, Stacking is brilliant IMO. Possibly the most charming game I've ever played.

• Gunzberg 30 Jun 2013 11:57:06 1,745 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    State of Decay 8/10

-Seems to get buggier after every patch
    -Hate the fact that if you choose an alternative in a mission you can never get an achievement
    -Drain on resources at times utterly arbitrary (goes from -20 to -1 then back to -28 with no projects ongoing)

+ Good value
    + Decent sized game world

Super Paper Mario Wii 9/10

Awesome. Buy it. Play it. Talk about it.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• dominalien 30 Jun 2013 13:28:18 7,030 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Remember Me on PS3.

First UE game on PS3 I played which didn't feel technically deficient.

I liked it very much, overall. Combat is pretty good and never gets old and even the QTEs are acceptable and made so much more cinematic by showing the prompt in the area of the screen which corresponds to the placement of the button on the controller, which means you don't really have to look away from the action to press the correct button.

Story is quite good, nicely balancing between the personal and the "save the world" sides of things. Pacing is brisk, with so situation or objective outstaying its welcome.

It's hard for me to say how long it took me to complete the game, but I'd say 15 hours is not far off the mark and just about the perfect length for what's on offer.

I think I'll be going back to it to get the platinum.

Overall, a strong 8/10.

PSN: DonOsito

• ardamillo 30 Jun 2013 13:43:47 525 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tropico 4 (360)

My first Tropico game. Really enjoyed the goofy humour and watching/figuring out the simulation, but it does drag on a bit. There's just not enough variety to sustain 20 campaign missions. Still it was a good way to calm down after...

Devil May Cry (360)

Highly recommend this for anyone who like me never got into the series before. It gets the blood pumping! It does a great job of teaching you to fight, and making you want to get better. I'm halfway through Dante Must Die now which is unprecedented for me.
  • FarFromSane 30 Jun 2013 15:12:51 241 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Far Cry 3

I put 38 hours into this game and finally finished it today. It was a very enjoyable I spent the first 20 odd hours just screwing around hunting and taking over outposts.

It was well worth the 19.99 I paid for it. I haven't even touched the Multiplayer or the Co-Op as of yet.

9/10

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• Kovacs77 30 Jun 2013 15:41:09 377 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    COD: Black Ops 2.

Bought it on launch day, finally mustered the willpower to finish it off today. What a load of shit. The mechanics are all okay and the graphics on PC were nich enough, but the story was awful, and I hated every character, especially Harper and the Admiral. Michael Rooker's voice should NEVER be allowed near any kind of recording device.

3/10

Wait, I forgot to deduct all it's points for making me sit through that stupid video at the end, thinking there might be a point to it. There wasn't, other than making me vow to avoid Avenged Sevenfold at all costs from now on.

0/10

Edited by Kovacs77 at 15:44:53 30-06-2013
  • mikeck 1 Jul 2013 10:01:40 1,936 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Remember Me (PS3)

Utterly gorgeous game.

The issue I had with this, is that I started it before Last of Us, then put it on hold until the other day, so coming back to the game after TLoU left me a little cold.

However, taking the game purely on its own merit, I did really enjoy it, and when I first booted up the game pre-TLoU I thought it was a graphical marvel (not so much anymore) ;)

The art style, and direction of the game is superb, and I felt very invested in the world. The soundtrack and sound design was also top-notch.

The story whilst trying to be different, felt a little stale in places, but the characterisation was mostly good, and the memory remixing sections were excellent.

Combat was also a lot of fun, and mixing/designing combos on the fly (depending on enemy type) was a good mechanic - especially when the fights got more complex in the later episodes.

Ending left me a little cold, and I know the story was supposed to have more impact on me than it did, but ultimately this was a very competent and worthwhile game.

Had I have finished this before Last of Us I would have given it a strong 8/8.5, but having finished this after that, it's more a 7/7.5.

(I think I would have been more generous pre-TLoU, and the change in scoring shows why I would not make a good reviewer, because I'm struggling to rate this on its own merit).
  • SomaticSense 1 Jul 2013 15:07:38 8,983 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Started the Tomb Raider reboot afterwards and it tries similar things but just feels empty by comparison. If I had not started that afterwards I doubt I would have appreciated Last of Us quite as much.
    I played both in the opposite order. I finished Tomb Raider, then literally straight after the end credits I loaded up TLOU.

I thought both games were amazing, but while TR was a solid 9/10 and one of the better games of it's genre, TLOU will be remembered as one of gamings all time benchmarks, and gets an extremely rare (from me) 10/10.

Both games thoroughly impressed me, and I'm really looking forward to Crystal Dynamics' next game. But TLOU is without compare.

Interesting bonus fact: Amy Hennig, arguably the chief sculptor of TLOU and Uncharted, once worked at CD, and played an important role in the making of one of the few other games that would get a 10 from me, the sublime LoK: Soul Reaver!
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 1 Jul 2013 15:18:44 515 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Katamari Forever (PS3)

+ Weird Japanese awesomeness
    + Wonderful art style
    + Rolling stuff up, especially in later levels (you roll up the entire World towards the end), is ridiculously fun

- The King is wayyy too judgemental
    - Controls and camera takes some time getting used to
  • Stranded87 1 Jul 2013 16:58:39 939 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SomaticSense I was under the impression that Amy Hennig had little if anything to do with The Last Of Us. She certainly wasn't the main writer.
  • King_Edward 1 Jul 2013 17:03:08 11,467 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Last of Us lead writer was Neil Druckmann, who also co-wrote the first two Uncharted games.
  • HarryPalmer 2 Jul 2013 11:09:19 3,549 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Last of Us - 10/10

Absolutely stunning. I'm sure everything has been said already, but this is gripping from start to finish. Superb characterisation, the script is brilliant. It has the best pacing of any game I can remember. The end sequence is brave and emotive. And perhaps most importantly, it's incredibly fun to play, and explore.

The best exclusive in my opinion, and tied with Portal 2 as my favourite game this gen.
  • chrisno21 2 Jul 2013 11:14:01 1,544 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The
    Last
    Of Us

10/10
    All the Gushing and Praise landed on this is deserved. Going to jump back in for an NG+.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Paulie_P 2 Jul 2013 11:58:20 416 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mega Man 2
    Mega Man 3
    Mega Man 4
    Mega Man 5
    Mega Man 6

Been buying and playing these games with their monthly release and love them. I always heard there was a drop in quality from the 3rd one but apart from 4, they're still pretty solid even though I hate the introduction of the Mega Buster.

For me, 2 will always be my favourite. now I've completed them all, I'm kinda lost at what to do as I don't see 7 and 8 being releases on the 3DS.

10/10
  • drhcnip 5 Jul 2013 12:36:52 2,599 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    a few this week

amazing spiderman....basically a reskin of 2, with some indoor segments reminding me of 1, twas ok, though...6/10

blops 2 single player...yep, s'ok, hated the strike force stuff, not my bag....7/10

moh warfighter...meh/10....
  • StrikeForce 5 Jul 2013 13:23:41 114 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Operation Flashpoint: Red River (xbox360)
    After a game-crippling bug halted my Dragon Rising progress 3 missions in, I swore to myself never to buy the sequel. However, I couldn't resist when I saw it in the bargain bin for a fiver.

I bashed through the single player campaign in 2 days on normal difficulty. It was reasonable enough - some nice slow, methodical shooting action, a nice change of pace from usual CODs and Battlfields. It was let down by thicko AI, bad checkpointing and some rather buggy missions. I didn't even mind the Staff Sergeant shouting shit in my ear all the time - it would have been a lonely experience without his profanity-soaked military cliches.

6/10
  • kinky_mong 5 Jul 2013 15:24:46 10,737 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    God Of War: Ascension

When the game wasn't Kratos playing Where's Wally: Ancient Greece Edition due to the camera panning back so far to show off the scale of the locations it was reasonably good.

The second third of the game was definitely the strongest section for me, and I flukely managed to finish the infamous Trial of Archimedes on my first proper go (playing on Normal) so I didn't find the end of the game as bad as alot of people did.

However it's still the worst GoW game I've played and the series definitely needs a long rest now.

6/10

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• CharlieStCloud 5 Jul 2013 15:40:04 5,395 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @kinky_mong

As a total newcomer to the series, the opening thirty minutes was the most spectacular part of the game for me ... felt like I was always waiting for those opening scenes to reappear and unfortunately, they never really did.

For reference, I gave Ascension a slightly generous 7/10.
  • kinky_mong 5 Jul 2013 15:45:35 10,737 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    @kinky_mong

As a total newcomer to the series, the opening thirty minutes was the most spectacular part of the game for me ... felt like I was always waiting for those opening scenes to reappear and unfortunately, they never really did.

For reference, I gave Ascension a slightly generous 7/10.
    Fair enough, those were some of the worst moments for me, particular the part where you're inside a bit of building being held by the boss which he rotates occasionally, and the camera is panned out so far that you just can't see yourself amongst the other Kratos height enemies.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• bladdard 6 Jul 2013 11:54:17 1,009 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Infamous

I originally bought this game on release and played about a quarter but didn't get on with it. I got Infamous 2 through PS+ and absolutely loved it so I've now gone back to the original and finally completed it.

+ Fun game mechanics
    + Some great locations and set pieces
    + Good superpowers - rarely feel overpowered
    + Good plot twist (by video game standards)

- Very repetitive side missions
    - Clunky and frustrating climbing controls, much improved on Infamous 2
    - Graphics are below par compared to Infamous 2

All in all my revisit was fun but I'd rather play the vastly superior Infamous 2 every day of the week.

7.5/10

Edited by bladdard at 11:54:49 06-07-2013
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Jul 2013 12:08:43 4,725 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rose-of-Sorrow One of my most treasured PS3 games!

I had a former work colleague who liived in Japan when the original game came out on the PS2. We used to randomly hum the theme tune and dance around like lunatics!

Also I think the Robo King is one of the more tragic characters in gaming, the poor guy :(
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 6 Jul 2013 12:16:24 515 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck Yeah, I love it- it's just so quirky and different. The soundtrack definitely has that affect- it's been in my head for days since I last played it!
  • MatMan562 6 Jul 2013 12:18:45 2,554 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I finally finished The Last of Us this morning, I expect there's nothing more to say that hasn't already been said about it so I'll just give it a 10/10 and leave it at that.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• jambii267 7 Jul 2013 17:47:37 1,368 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Such a charming little adventure and very creative use of the DS's capabilities.

8/10

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Kay 7 Jul 2013 17:49:02 17,954 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wish I could enjoy The Last of Us as much as most of you guys clearly have. :/

I mean, it's obviously extremely well done and all and has its moments, but on the whole I haven't really found the experience much fun.

Edited by Kay at 17:49:19 07-07-2013
  • RyanDS 7 Jul 2013 18:09:11 9,739 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Super Mario Land 3d

Meh. It was polished, and looked nice, but I found it rather bland really. Levels had no challenge, and the "get x number of stars to progress" just annoying padding. 3d (as in the 3d lenticular stuff) was actually rather nice, I like the two or three times they made use of it in a puzzle room, but in general the faux 3d (as in the game taking place in a semi 3d world) was a waste. It may as well have been a 2d game. It is almost like they started to make a proper 3d game, then realised they fucked up with the lack of a second analogue stick to move the camera, so quickly settled on a half way semi 3d world.

Pretty much summed up my view of current nintendo, nice idea that they never followed through on properly, coasting on the name, and just no passion or effort put into anything. That's not to say it's bad, it is just a bit meh.

7/10
  • JohnnyIsTruant 7 Jul 2013 18:35:24 57 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Last of Us
    By far and away the best game I've played in years. Incredibly satisfying stealth gameplay with some of the most tense sections to ever appear in a game. Agree wholesale with all the ravings about the writing, acting and direction. Beautiful musical score which never overplays it's hand but strikes the right chords when necessary. The only unfortunate thing is that it makes me pine for a Manhunt 3 which'll likely never happen.

10/10
  • Rhaegyr 7 Jul 2013 19:59:18 2,670 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Last of Us

Amazing game, loved the mechanics, sound design, graphics, story/writing etc. and there was no downtime (though the first couple of hours are a little slow)

The only negative I can think of is that it did nothing new and/or revolutionary, but when everything is done this well and to such a standard I don't think it really matters.

9/10
  • Gunzberg 7 Jul 2013 20:07:59 1,745 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Paper Mario 64 10/10

Took me about 25 hours to complete. This is the epitome of good gameplay, humourous story and classic fun.

Just awesome.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Page

of 422 First / Last