• Page

of 247 First / Last

• docrob 11 Oct 2017 18:54:37 784 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    -HairyArse wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    I bought Zen's at a princely 3000cr. Now I am poor. :(
    Dude, you should have waited until the last minute. You might have got it in a loot box over the next 3 weeks.

/hawkins
    Much less likely now though, since they reduced the duplication rate. I donít think Iíve had a duplicate anything in ages.
  • JiveHound 11 Oct 2017 19:34:46 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    True.

Plus I know I'd forget to buy it so thought to hell with it.

Got to say, DVA = absolute beast for cancelling Pharrah. Dogfighting with missiles just deletes her.
  • JYM60 12 Oct 2017 15:39:53 17,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got 80s Zaraya in my first loot box! Don't play her too much usually though.

Re: Mercy invincibility. I don't think she has much invincibility at all now, but its not a worry when you can fly in and rez, and fly back out immediately. Iirc the ptr has a nef where she can't fly from one place to the other all the time.
  • Ror 12 Oct 2017 16:15:21 16,223 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Well that's one skin I don't have to buy :)
  • docrob 12 Oct 2017 17:04:02 784 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have two placement games left this season and I have yet to win even one. One draw and 7 losses. I donít think itís just me. I had a couple of poor rounds, but equally I had 28 eliminations one round and still lost.

Iíve previously gone 6-2-2 and only placed low silver, and last season I was mired in bronze, so god only knows how bad this may get.
  • Supra_Hans 13 Oct 2017 08:17:42 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @docrob I don't know how reflective your placement game win/loss is in your ranking. I've previously gone 9 wins 1 loss and placed in mid gold, while this season I went 5 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses and placed in platinum. There is hope!
  • JYM60 13 Oct 2017 11:25:00 17,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think this season placements mattered more than before!
  • CompetitiveDad 13 Oct 2017 12:43:59 7,204 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've probably asked this before at some point, but what are the key things to keep in mind when using Zarya? I never seem to be able to do much damage.
  • Ror 13 Oct 2017 12:59:53 16,223 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've (still!) not played Zarya*, but doesn't damage absorbed by your shield charge your beam? So get shielding people!

(*I've only played her very briefly in Mystery Heroes)
  • JiveHound 13 Oct 2017 13:04:23 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    I've probably asked this before at some point, but what are the key things to keep in mind when using Zarya? I never seem to be able to do much damage.
    She's all about the shields, charging damage and using the ult to instigate team kills.

Edited by JiveHound at 13:05:23 13-10-2017
  • figgis 13 Oct 2017 13:15:46 7,666 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The grenade is easier that the beam to get to grips with. Shield players / yourself when you are getting attacked, not before.
  • gamecat 13 Oct 2017 13:31:12 664 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't waste your shields on minor damage, use use projected one to save teamates from hooks, mines, (after) sleeps, pins, etc. Use your personal one when stuff really hits fan, or when you can see some free ult charge (incoming firestrikes, nades, Hanzo ults, so on). Edit: a good one is if you have a friendly Rein with his shield up, keep him bubbled and people don't notice and keep shooting it (the bubble is bigger than the shield in the middle, so free ult/charge for you).

Edited by gamecat at 13:34:13 13-10-2017
  • CompetitiveDad 13 Oct 2017 13:34:01 7,204 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right. I'm going to give it a go this evening. Thanks all.
  • Supra_Hans 13 Oct 2017 15:55:20 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    She's a constant balancing act of damage, shield, and overshield. Because half her health is shields anyhow, she has a fair amount of inbuilt regen. She's not tanky enough to fart around without cover, lurk somewhere where there is cover, stick shields on whoever you can, and duck back to let your health regenerate. Like @gamecat says, keep your shield for when you can see stuff incoming, or when shit is getting mad. She's very good against immobilisers as her bubbles nullify that stuff, so if you find yourself 1v1 with a Mei or McRee, pop shields.

Other than that, sit in the middle of your team, lob her alt fire as a zoning/harass tool, and just beam if someone is in range.

Make sure your team knows when your ult is up, if you have a semi-communicative team, waiting for a combo with Doomfist/Pharah/Junkrat/Hanzo/Mei/Tracer/Genji etc. is definitely worthwhile.

Armour from Torb does a lot for her functional health pool.

Can't think of much else. If you want to get an idea of how to play her, pick her in absolute mayhem game mode. She is probably the most OP hero in that mode, as your overshields are almost constantly up, so it's almost an easymode way to learn how she functions.
  • CompetitiveDad 13 Oct 2017 16:32:34 7,204 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Supra_Hans SUPER HANS!

Brilliant, thank you.
  • docrob 13 Oct 2017 22:16:01 784 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Supra_Hans wrote:
    @docrob I don't know how reflective your placement game win/loss is in your ranking. I've previously gone 9 wins 1 loss and placed in mid gold, while this season I went 5 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses and placed in platinum. There is hope!
    Won my last two ranking matches (including one where I got over 6k exp!) and ended up a princely 6 SR below where I finished last season, despite a 2-1-7 record. Go figure.
  • Mekanik 14 Oct 2017 15:37:49 4,636 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @docrob I am unsure of how much placements play in setting your SR.

Last season, a friend played with out group and he always placed sort of mid silver. He won all 10 placements (playing with us on an epic win streak) and placed slightly lower in silver than he did the previous season. Its all fucked up.

This season though everyone is meant to be closer to their finishing SR from last season as Bliz removed the "drop 200 SR from what you should be so it feels like you actually climb up a bit" thing.
  • docrob 14 Oct 2017 17:27:35 784 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seems that way. After my 7th loss I was expecting an SR in three figures. Instead I dropped back less than I did in the previous season (when I was dumped into Bronze from low Silver and failed to climb out again).
  • CompetitiveDad 15 Oct 2017 22:30:32 7,204 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been playing Zarya for most of this morning and this evening, now I understand how her abilities work I've loved playing as her, I can still get steam rollered and I can't seem to hit shit with her projectiles still but I'm so much better with her, so thanks for the tips!

If I did have to moan I wish she had better items, skins, poses and emotes etc... She's probably one of the least likeable characters imo in the game. Petty I know!!
  • Supra_Hans 16 Oct 2017 11:55:06 91 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really like Zarya's default skin, and use it even though I have a bunch of others, including at least one of the legendaries. I'd say don't worry too much about hitting individuals with her projectiles, just lob them into choke points whenever there are enemies there - imagine it's more a crowd control thing, like Junkrat. I haven't played her properly for a while, but she's really good fun, and if I want a more active tank she's really fun.
  • JiveHound 16 Oct 2017 12:03:08 8,746 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aye, Zarya's a real monster when it clicks.
  • shamblemonkee 16 Oct 2017 12:06:32 17,469 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    love to soak bastion fire, annoy genji, block bombs, hooks and so on.

Zarya is an absolute beast.
  • Tuffty 16 Oct 2017 13:01:07 3,989 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zarya is really handy now with this recent upsurge of Junkrat players. Barriers just soaks up any grenades. One thing you need to be cautious about is throwing down your ultimate with D Va around. Her defense matrix just absorbs the gravity surge
  • Cosmical 16 Oct 2017 13:16:01 107 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    I would say Zarya is OP, frankly. She's much harder to kill than the rest of the glass jaw tanks and her range+damage is insane.
  • Dombat 16 Oct 2017 13:44:11 1,134 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zarya is fine. Not OP, just very relevant in the current meta.
  • Cosmical 16 Oct 2017 14:47:01 107 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    And you are wrong
  • -HairyArse 16 Oct 2017 14:50:10 978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Could just be me, but it feels like this promotion's loot boxes are a lot mroe generous than in year's gone by.

Already I've got Reaper, Zarya, Symmetra and Torbjorn's legendary skins, plus a good few highlight intros.

I just want Reaper, Junkrat and Roadhog's from last year.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 16 Oct 2017 15:03:32 31,384 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can you buy them now? I was looking through the skins and there's a price beside the Witch Mercy skin, but I don't know if that means you can buy those old ones with Credits on not.
  • -HairyArse 16 Oct 2017 15:08:11 978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, the older ones are reduced from 3,000 to 1,000.
  • Ror 16 Oct 2017 16:42:34 16,223 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bear in mind though, that you can only buy them while the relevant event is live. As soon as Halloween Terror 2017 ends, you won't be able to buy the skins again until next year.

-HairyArse wrote:
    Could just be me, but it feels like this promotion's loot boxes are a lot mroe generous than in year's gone by.

Already I've got Reaper, Zarya, Symmetra and Torbjorn's legendary skins, plus a good few highlight intros.

I just want Reaper, Junkrat and Roadhog's from last year.
    What this actually means is that you've been very lucky and a dozen people elsewhere have had nothing to make up for it :)

I've had a few sprays, an intro and an emote, but I did get the Witch skin so I'm pretty happy to be honest.
  • Page

of 247 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.