Overwatch from Blizzard Page 244

• Page

of 248 First / Last

• Ror 5 Oct 2017 19:22:11 16,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I haven't watched that (and may not), but I thought I'd come in and whinge about the Mercy double-slap nerf on the PTR that will almost certainly get shat out onto live servers.

I could see either removing the res cooldown refresh or keeping the 30 sec cooldown through Valkyrie, but not fucking both.

Bleh.
  • Cosmical 5 Oct 2017 20:43:16 108 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    her change was totally unnecessary and piss poorly conceived. Blizzard has lost the plot. If it's wrong for mercy to res the whole team, then it stands to reason you should nerf ults that can wipe entire teams likewise. SMH
  • JiveHound 5 Oct 2017 20:49:35 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bollocks. Change was necessary. If a game is devolving into a player hiding in a room and only coming out for the glory res then something's wrong.
  • Ror 5 Oct 2017 21:20:33 16,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like the redesign a lot, but the PTR nerf last night just seems really harsh. It just comes across as clumsy to me, and there are other things they could have tried instead. Maybe let the cooldown refresh stay, but don't speed it up while in Valk. Or maybe leave everything as is and give res'd targets 50% HP, or something.

Personally, if I felt it needed a change, I'd have kept things as they are but changed the res under Valk to 20 sec. An extra ten seconds is a lifetime in a team fight.

Edited by Ror at 21:23:37 05-10-2017
  • Cosmical 5 Oct 2017 21:37:57 108 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Bollocks. Change was necessary. If a game is devolving into a player hiding in a room and only coming out for the glory res then something's wrong.
    No more wrong than dva being able to use her ult at the end of a match to push the enemy off the point.
  • Ror 5 Oct 2017 21:43:35 16,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can defend against that with a Rein or Winston though. And specific characters like Zarya or another D.Va can protect themselves/others (well, pre-nerf D.Va had more of a chance of doing so - maybe less so now with 2 seconds of DM :p ).

I do get where you're coming from Cosmical. And obviously you could focus down a Mercy to stop her from glory-resing, but who the fuck ever bothered to focus down the healer :(
  • Dombat 6 Oct 2017 07:57:37 1,137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm ok with the rez/Valkyrie nerfs. I've gone completely off Mercy as a character, something I thought the rework would fix, and it's partly because I don't like her reliance on ressurecting for value. This is a step in the right direction for parity in value for the healers, which I want above all.

I actually don't like the guardian angel 'fix' more than anything. The bunnyhop thing gave her more mobility for people able to apply it well, essential adding a minor skill element and making her more fun to play.
  • JYM60 6 Oct 2017 08:54:54 17,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like nothing about mercy and wish her to be removed from the game. Why is the most zero skilled hero a must pick in the game?
    The only people who like playing her are mercy mains. I feel bad for the support players who play the other heroes. Being barked at by their team to switch to zero skill bullshit hero. I don't really play support but if needed I will fill as Lucio or zen. Not touching that mercy filth.
    Blizzard really did shit the bed with the hero. I think the best version of her was the old one, when she could die when using her rez ultimate. Can pharah be killed when ulting? Soldier, McCree, Reaper? Why was it made that mercy was invulnerable?? Broke the ult meaning full team rez had no penalty at all.

I don't think that her ultimate now is a problem. Rez every 30 seconds is a problem, and a joke. Combined with the ult is filthy. With mercy and stall characters like mei, Winston ult, roadhog, you can basically never lose the point now. If you cap on koth you should really be getting near 99% every time due to mercy ult.

Edited by JYM60 at 08:56:22 06-10-2017
  • JYM60 6 Oct 2017 08:58:11 17,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't even know how anyone can find mercy fun to play. Hold down R2 all game. Now with the added tap L2 to bring a dead idiot back to life. Fun.

If watching twitch tells me anything, she was made for girls to play the game more.

Edited by JYM60 at 08:59:19 06-10-2017
  • shamblemonkee 6 Oct 2017 09:58:17 17,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JYM60 wow. Dont know where to start with this one
  • JYM60 6 Oct 2017 10:16:59 17,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The girl thing was a joke. As much as it is true.

Another thing though. I follow the pro scene and much of the complaints about it are that the spectating of the game is difficult, especially to people new to the game. People have said its to blame for the shit viewing figures the game gets. And blizzard is trying to find ways to make it easier for viewers. Characters flying around with strands coming out of them all over the screen probably wasn't the answer to this. From watching twitch even I have thought its a big mess with too much on the screen. A noob would not even bother watching that.
  • Devilligan 6 Oct 2017 10:54:37 426 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JYM60

It might have been a joke, but it makes you sound a bit of a prick.
  • JYM60 6 Oct 2017 11:26:29 17,460 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Serious forum is serious.

Have you watched the game on twitch or played it much? I've not seen an online game with as many female players. Which is obviously a good thing. Of course Mercy, the hero, is not a good thing.
  • Ror 8 Oct 2017 14:27:57 16,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I ended up on this for about three hours last night, haven't done that in a while! Really enjoying the new Mercy and D.Va, not looking forward to the inevitable nerf bat paying the former a visit D:

I only bother with QP as I'm always solo queuing, but how is it people still think you don't need a tank. I'd say a good third of my games last night had no tank on either team. The game has been out almost a year and half at this point!
  • Dombat 8 Oct 2017 17:00:36 1,137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I haven't complained about previous metas - I was fine with triple tank and I like dive - but the current one is making me not want to play support. It's a good job I like Reinhardt, Winston and to an extent, Orisa.
  • Tuffty 8 Oct 2017 18:09:16 3,991 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Ror Exactly, Tank or Support, nobody wants to be either. Think it's because people want to get the kills, they're not bothered sticking to an objective or healing others. But the game is designed so that if you don't have either, you're gonna struggle. D Va is so much fun to play as now but you wouldnt think it considering how little she's picked.

Edited by Tuffty at 18:10:52 08-10-2017
  • Ror 8 Oct 2017 19:46:55 16,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tuffty I had a game on defense yesterday that was me as Mercy, a Hanzo, a Genji, a Tracer and a Soldier. Last person to pick thought it'd be a great idea to run out as Doomfist. I just had to laugh.

Going DPS-heavy can work if you're on 2CP attack, as your spawn is closer, but it's fucking crazy if you're defending, and yet people will still run out without a tank or support.

I really need to get back to playing this with a group /o\
  • JiveHound 8 Oct 2017 21:30:42 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We need to bring the band back together. My Destiny fixation has diminished significantly so it's time to return.

And raaaage
  • Ror 8 Oct 2017 21:33:44 16,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds grand. I've barely touched Destiny in the last couple of weeks. I'd still like to do the raid though.
  • JiveHound 8 Oct 2017 21:40:48 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If the stars align I'll raid. I didn't go all that much on what I played though so that combined with what I've heard contributed to my massive cooling on the subject.
  • Ror 8 Oct 2017 21:48:30 16,260 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, that little bit we did a couple of weeks ago was the only crack I've had at it. I'd like to give it another go, but I'm not desperate to get back to it or anything. I'm sure I'll turn up for the DLC, but for now I'm pretty much done.
  • Supra_Hans 9 Oct 2017 10:03:36 91 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That new Zen Cthulu skin looks super cool. definitely going to spend my hard saved coins on that badboy. Anyone got any opinions on the other ones that have leaked so far?
  • JiveHound 9 Oct 2017 10:09:06 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, I'm gonna probably play some of this tonight if you xbox gays wanna give me a reacharound? Might dip into the Halo Monday for a bit before.
  • -HairyArse 9 Oct 2017 12:10:34 978 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    So, I'm gonna probably play some of this tonight if you xbox gays wanna give me a reacharound? Might dip into the Halo Monday for a bit before.
    OW circle-jerk. It's on.
  • JiveHound 9 Oct 2017 12:21:13 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nicely
  • docrob 9 Oct 2017 12:33:27 784 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Supra_Hans wrote:
    That new Zen Cthulu skin looks super cool. definitely going to spend my hard saved coins on that badboy. Anyone got any opinions on the other ones that have leaked so far?
    I do like the look of that one. However, I also still want the Mercy Witch skin and also the Soldier one from last year. Hoping they will be reduced like the Summer Games ones were.
  • shamblemonkee 9 Oct 2017 13:06:18 17,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JiveHound Heyyyaaaaa! you know i'll be around!
  • JiveHound 9 Oct 2017 13:23:23 8,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @shamblemonkee Well grease my nipples and call me Sheila. Tis on.
  • Tuffty 9 Oct 2017 13:31:03 3,991 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Supra_Hans They're all great to be fair. Could be all the Legendary skins we are getting though I do hope Sombra, Doomfist, Widowmaker and especially Zarya get a skin
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 9 Oct 2017 13:31:28 47,064 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If I'm not on tonight, then tomorrow for sure as it's the start of the Halloween event.
  • Page

of 248 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.