Justice League - Directed by Zack Snyder Page 28

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• the_milkybar_kid 9 Nov 2017 19:55:24 6,162 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Wow

It's genuinely astonishing how absolutely nothing works in any of the clips. And how can they think that cyborg looks acceptable there?
    That looks genuinely. Fucking. Terrible. Not just the late 90's robot man either.
  • Gearskin 9 Nov 2017 19:57:29 3,071 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Confirmation bias
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2017 19:58:30 11,378 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nope, it just looks shit.
  • Gearskin 9 Nov 2017 20:04:57 3,071 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are 28 pages in this thread. Started 4 years ago. It is pure distain from the off. EG, as a whole, is like this... Pit. Where all these lonely, hateful souls find a solace in each others glaring negativity.

4 goddamn years of sadness for a 2 hour film that will come and go like a fart.

Day one. Come what may.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2017 20:06:32 11,378 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You take this stuff way too personally.
  • Gearskin 9 Nov 2017 20:09:44 3,071 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It weighs me down. It's so laboured.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2017 20:18:45 11,378 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But the films are fucking awful. Would you prefer people didn't discuss them at all?
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2017 20:18:52 31,569 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To be fair, it isn't an EG specific thing. Most places have their concerns, thanks to all the production difficulties and the generally low confidence level the studio seems to be showing.

I'm a pretty positive person. I have no doubt there will be at last a few good bits and some fun to be had. Even I wouldn't go in with high expectations though, but I still hope it exceeds those expectations :)
  • RichieTenenbaum 9 Nov 2017 20:30:42 2,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The poster does look terrible. Like an ad for Smallville.
  • nickthegun 9 Nov 2017 20:48:09 72,033 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Superman, batman Vs superman and the suicide squad were all awful so it's not really an agenda when people say 'this is going to be shit'.

Especially since it's got the gearskin seal of approval.
  • ChiefGB 9 Nov 2017 21:15:29 7,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Wasn't the WW embargo about the same as this?
    The night before it releases.......I don't think so, I remember them being so pleased they pulled the release forward iirc, the vibe was known before the day before release for sure.
  • beastmaster 9 Nov 2017 21:20:20 17,639 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, this is pretty much guaranteed to be a giant turdburger.

So now they're talking about introducing Black Adam as the villain in Suicide Squad 2. It's just a mess at the moment.

They are waiting for reactions to this before they announce anything Cybord or Flash related for certain.

Social media embargo lifts tomorrow. Which is basically a group of hand-picked comic book bloggers who have already seen the film. Expect gushing reactions!

Edited by beastmaster at 21:21:17 09-11-2017
  • ChiefGB 9 Nov 2017 21:48:30 7,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh ok, that's reasonable then I guess.
  • creepiest-lizard 9 Nov 2017 22:08:44 548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why does Ben Affleck sound like he's always on the verge of a massive stroke in every clip?
    Why did anyone think that Cyborg character would be remotely interesting?
    Why does Zack Synder keep getting money to make films when almost every film he's made has been terrible?
  • Gearskin 9 Nov 2017 23:10:12 3,071 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    To be fair, it isn't an EG specific thing. Most places have their concerns, thanks to all the production difficulties and the generally low confidence level the studio seems to be showing.
    ...and the Joss Whedon stuff, and how he is making it light which is at odds with the tone of the original script, blah blah blah.

Yet, in March 2016, Chris Terrio, script writer on BvS and Justice League, spoke with the Wall Street Journal.

“Batman v Superman is a bit of an Empire Strikes Back or Two Towers or any similar middle film in a trilogy. The middle film tends to be the darkest one. I do think from Man of Steel through Justice League, it is one saga really,”
    “I expect Justice League will be tonally not quite as dark as Batman v Superman. From that point of view, I felt compelled to go back and try to lift us and myself into a different tonal place because I think when you write a darker film, sometimes you want to redeem it all a bit.”

So it would seem that it was always going to be a lighter story. But the above interview doesn't fit the doom filled narrative that gets the web frothing at the mouth.

Look at that post above about social media embargoes and the inherent negativity. You know another film that had a social media embargo lift early? IT. You want another? Blade Runner 2049.

FROTH!
  • JamboWayOh 9 Nov 2017 23:12:52 3,848 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    ...and the Joss Whedon stuff, and how he is making it light which is at odds with the tone of the original script, blah blah blah.

Yet, in March 2016, Chris Terrio, script writer on BvS and Justice League, spoke with the Wall Street Journal.

“Batman v Superman is a bit of an Empire Strikes Back or Two Towers or any similar middle film in a trilogy. The middle film tends to be the darkest one. I do think from Man of Steel through Justice League, it is one saga really,”
    “I expect Justice League will be tonally not quite as dark as Batman v Superman. From that point of view, I felt compelled to go back and try to lift us and myself into a different tonal place because I think when you write a darker film, sometimes you want to redeem it all a bit.”

So it would seem that it was always going to be a lighter story. But the above interview doesn't fit the doom filled narrative that gets the web frothing at the mouth.

Look at that post above about social media embargoes and the inherent negativity. You know another film that had a social media embargo lift early? IT. You want another? Blade Runner 2049.

FROTH!
    Are you employed by DC? You seem to be taking this quite hard.
  • nickthegun 9 Nov 2017 23:14:02 72,033 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Its less of an empire strikes back and more of a taken 2
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2017 23:16:37 11,378 posts
    Seen 24 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Defending mindless beige shit is kind of his calling card.
  • JamboWayOh 9 Nov 2017 23:18:30 3,848 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I imagine he uses his tears of frustration as lube.
  • sport 9 Nov 2017 23:18:43 14,034 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gear is the only one that GETS DC. The rest of you are Marvel cucks!!
  • JamboWayOh 9 Nov 2017 23:20:04 3,848 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I often sit in the corner while Marvel dominates my wife with it's big black cock.
  • beastmaster 9 Nov 2017 23:28:36 17,639 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suspect that interview was conducted after the release of BvS and the negative comments.

I watched this and thought it was pretty good. And it's only the first part.

• Ryze 9 Nov 2017 23:32:40 3,563 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My expectations for this garbage are so utterly low, that I'm going to love the crap out this shite.

Can't wait!

BvS was craptastic, and that needs another re-watch now, as well.

:D
  • ChiefGB 9 Nov 2017 23:33:45 7,390 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I often sit in the corner while Marvel dominates my wife with it's big black cock.
    Phew, And there was me thinking I was the only one.
  • Derblington 9 Nov 2017 23:41:57 29,924 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm being kicked out of the flat next Saturday as the gf is having her mates over.
    I'm going to go and see this. I'm not excited.
  • the_milkybar_kid 10 Nov 2017 05:12:06 6,162 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:
    It weighs me down. It's so laboured.
    It's an internet thread about a comic book film. This is the first time I've posted in this thread calling out a shit looking film for being a shit looking film.
  • Baihu1983 10 Nov 2017 21:11:00 9,452 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Twitter "reviews" says its a flawed but fun film.
  • JamboWayOh 10 Nov 2017 21:28:00 3,848 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ahhhh, 'Twitter review', what an oxymoron.
  • spamdangled 10 Nov 2017 21:44:31 31,041 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It has to introduce 3 superheroes in a film that is barely 2 hours long. It's the shortest film they've made yet.

Early impressions indicate it barely has a story and the villain is terrible, but it has some good jokes.
  • BOFH_UK 10 Nov 2017 21:48:40 189 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Gearskin See here's the thing about DC, at least from my perspective: I *want* to enjoy these movies. I'm a big fan of a lot of the DC characters, largely thanks to the stellar work of everyone involved in the Batman / Superman / Justice League animated series of the 90's and 2000's. I've seen a 30 minute cartoon deliver nuanced, complex versions of everyone from the Big Three to the Question and Grodd, often in stories with some surprisingly deep themes.

Over the last ten years I've seen Marvel consistently deliver movies that are, at worst, okay and usually good to great. I've seen them build up a coherent universe that lets everyone play together but still go to really interesting places with solo movies. I've seen phenomenal casts given material that ranges from the heartbreaking to the ridiculous and deliver compelling characters in the process. Where they've made mistakes they've learnt from them and 2017 just might have been their strongest year yet.

And it absolutely kills me that, WW excluded (which is still really only okay to good), DC have dropped the ball every damn time. A brooding Superman? Lex Luthor seemingly reading the Joker's part? Batman being a murdering psychopath? Wonder Woman giving up on the human race after WW1? Doomsday being shoehorned in and robbing us of the emotional gut punch we *should* get from seeing Superman sacrifice himself? The list goes on and on. Add on dreadful scripts which make zero sense coupled with horrible directing and it's heartbreaking. I suspect I'm not alone in this. They've got mostly solid casts and all the money and talent in the world plus the time to correct from past mistakes and yet...

To be clear I'm all in favour of different takes on classic characters we haven't seen before. But they've got to make sense and be compelling to watch otherwise what's the point? Thanks to a Cineworld sub I'll go see this on Friday and will be hoping it's a good 'un but it's almost impossible to be optimistic at this point. Frankly I'm FAR more excited about seeing Crisis on Earth X a couple of weeks later than the big screen Justice League.

Edited by BOFH_UK at 21:50:59 10-11-2017
  • Page

of 47 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.