Justice League - Directed by Zack Snyder Page 21

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• the_dudefather 24 Jul 2017 10:50:04 10,493 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    When Superman died in the comics, one of his possible replacements was Steel

What I'm saying it it's totally going to be Shaq wearing a suit of armour

• mrpon 24 Jul 2017 10:50:28 33,794 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    it'll obviously be Alfred's fat ex-wife paying him a surprise visit. Who is none other than big momma from the, I assume Oscar winning big momma's house. hilarity insues.
    It's Robocop, clearly.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Jul 2017 11:09:04 4,890 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I bet Snyder would have all kinds of CGI heavy nu-metal slo-mo fun with Electric Blue Superman if he returns to the series
  • GarlVinland 24 Jul 2017 11:09:52 2,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    GarlVinland wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    How are WB missing the mark so widely with these DC films?
    Man of Steel, BvS and Suicide Squad, 3 of the worst movies of the last few years, one after the other. How is the DCEU still making movies?
    There are a lot of people who love these films. They also make a LOT of money. There's a very small chance they may make one you really like at some point too.
    Hope so. I was enjoying WW a fair bit until they ballsed it up at the end.

Judging by Suicide Squad though, it may not happen in my lifetime. :confused:
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Jul 2017 11:11:43 4,890 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've not had a chance to see Wonder Woman yet but the others are just no fun at all. So grim and stoney faced but without the characters or emotional/dramatic weight to carry it off the way Nolan did.
  • ChiefGB 24 Jul 2017 17:31:20 7,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    It's superman at the end surely. There's enough bloat in it as it is that it needs a 4 min trailer to get them all in and his theme music starts playing as he's being mentioned in the run up to that point. Mind you didn't they utter some bollox about saving him or something. I know hardly a thing about Shazam or whatever so maybe you are right.

Film still looks a bit off in a trashy way but appears better than bvs, but even the trailers for that made it look better. Sad circumstances but whedon could be the best thing to happen to it I guess.

Edited by ChiefGB at 10:17:36 23-07-2017
    I cant imagine it would be superman as, well he has lived as a human all his life with no vibrations when he was walking. My guess is the Hulk.
    I assumed they might be tapping into the vibrations bit at the end of bvs? Surely they wouldn't cram anyone else in this thing? Anyway still looks shit, just slightly less shit than the last trailer.
  • Derblington 24 Jul 2017 17:57:10 29,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    I haven't seen Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman, but MoS and BvS are really not that awful. They're very flawed but perfectly watchable.
    I watched them both yesterday. They are watchable but BvS is bordering on straight-up bad it has so many things wrong with it.

Wonder Woman's alright but it doesn't really have any place in the series of films. It's set before them all (obviously, being WW1) but there's no ties to anything in it. It's a completely standalone film, like SS. The only directly connected films in terms of plot, so far, are MoS > BvS > JL. It gives the impression that WB/DC still don't really understand the whole extended universe thing, and are both rushing and floundering to get to what Marvel are doing.
    I suppose the earliest Marvel films didn't really connect heavily with each other either but they feel more connected than DC do. If you skip any of them you miss little things setting up the next. Not so in the DCEU.
  • Ultrasoundwave 24 Jul 2017 18:25:56 5,622 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not had a chance to see Wonder Woman yet but the others are just no fun at all. So grim and stoney faced but without the characters or emotional/dramatic weight to carry it off the way Nolan did.
    Wonder Woman is far superior to any of the other DCEU movies.

It's not perfect, but it's just a fun, enjoyable movie that tells a good story......something none of the other DCEU movies manage to do.
  • Derblington 24 Jul 2017 18:27:57 29,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Until the final act, when it becomes every other DC movie.
  • Baihu1983 24 Jul 2017 19:01:59 9,452 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Until the final act, when it becomes every other comic book movie.

And it's still a great film
  • Derblington 24 Jul 2017 19:37:43 29,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd rate it alongside MoS, personally. I liked it, I don't think it's as good as you.

And I assume you mean 'superhero' rather than 'comic book', but even then that's not quite accurate. Its basically an exact repeat of the fight against Doomsday though, visually. Its aweful.

Edited by Derblington at 19:39:31 24-07-2017
  • beastmaster 24 Jul 2017 20:19:36 17,641 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Until the final act, when it becomes every other DC movie.
    There's no big beam of light doing into the sky. Makes it better.
  • ChiefGB 24 Jul 2017 20:26:58 7,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Wonder Woman is far superior to any of the other DCEU movies.

It's not perfect, but it's just a fun, enjoyable movie that tells a good story......something none of the other DCEU movies manage to do.
    Agreed, and say what you will but I think chris pine made a fair bit of that tone that was more akin to marvels playfulness.

Meanwhile bvs and justice league so far, just seem tryhard. They are dark in tone, yet so uneven so the humorous moments fall flat and the writing in general is
    groan inducing. Plus everything is dark,noisy and boring.

What a waste of some of the greatest characters ever created.
  • RGeefe 24 Jul 2017 23:31:54 104 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Watched the trailer. It looks shit. I lasted about 30 mins of MoS before turning off. Really liked Wonder Woman and could stomach the ending - probably because it was the first superhero movie I'd seen since Deadpool.

Not seen any of Arrow or Flash tv shows. At this point, DC just feels massively second rate compared to Marvel.
  • RGeefe 24 Jul 2017 23:31:56 104 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Watched the trailer. It looks shit. I lasted about 30 mins of MoS before turning off. Really liked Wonder Woman and could stomach the ending - probably because it was the first superhero movie I'd seen since Deadpool.

Not seen any of Arrow or Flash tv shows. At this point, DC just feels massively second rate compared to Marvel.
  • senso-ji 12 Aug 2017 18:46:20 8,128 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WB order re-shoots because the first cut of the film was deemed unwatchable
  • JamboWayOh 12 Aug 2017 18:59:47 3,859 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Unwatchable is a very strong word. This has always had car crash from the moment they announced it.
  • Baihu1983 12 Aug 2017 19:02:59 9,452 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WB felt it was too dark was the report yesterday.

But then they claimed WW was a mess.
  • Derblington 12 Aug 2017 19:05:26 29,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes, that's what the article says. Whedon is adding humour and changing Cyborg.
  • senso-ji 12 Aug 2017 19:10:00 8,128 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    An ex-warner employee claimed WW was a mess, in that famous open letter where they slagged off Snyder and the CEO.
  • Derblington 12 Aug 2017 19:20:05 29,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Its semantics really - the reshoots changing tone and a character are known. The only new, unconfirmed, addition is a single quote, which doesn't really make any odds. Its just shades of grey to how unhappy they were.
  • BadMonkey 12 Aug 2017 21:07:40 210 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The last thing this movie needs is Joss Whedon adding bloody humour. One of the things I despise about his Avengers movies is that he turns everyone into wise cracking idiots, the DCeu doesn't need the same. And really, is the invasion of Earth by the armies of Apokolips really the time for Batman to start cracking jokes? Whedon is a one trick pony and that trick was shit when he was making Buffy and hasn't improved with repetition.
  • Derblington 12 Aug 2017 21:17:05 29,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sure thing.
  • oldskooldeano 12 Aug 2017 23:03:08 2,860 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There must be something wrong with me. The movie looks like it might be ok, and I find Cyborg cool looking and interesting. Wonder Woman seems on point. The only thing I don't like is Aquaman but that's just because he looks and acts like Conan in a funny costume. I never really liked Bats & Flash they are the epitome of DC poindexterism.

Disclaimer: I did gain pleasure from watching BvS so yeah, like I said, something wrong with me.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Aug 2017 23:03:57 3,859 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Get out!
  • Banyans 13 Aug 2017 07:52:31 444 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    There must be something wrong with me. The movie looks like it might be ok, and I find Cyborg cool looking and interesting. Wonder Woman seems on point. The only thing I don't like is Aquaman but that's just because he looks and acts like Conan in a funny costume. I never really liked Bats & Flash they are the epitome of DC poindexterism.

Disclaimer: I did gain pleasure from watching BvS so yeah, like I said, something wrong with me.
    You disgust me...*spits*.
  • crashVoodoo 13 Aug 2017 08:34:03 5,547 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    And I read this one last night... On mobile so can't be arsed to switch to desktop mode to make a pretty link.

Joss Whedon Is Reshooting JUSTICE LEAGUE's Ending To Remove A Huge Cliffhanger

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/spoilers-joss-whedon-is-reshooting-justice-leagues-ending-to-remove-a-huge-cliffhanger-a153221
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Aug 2017 09:47:04 5,622 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    WB felt it was too dark was the report yesterday.

But then they claimed WW was a mess.
    Didn't they also give BvS a standing ovation......and didn't they "love" Suicide Squad?
  • beastmaster 13 Aug 2017 13:36:41 17,641 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think most people enjoyed WW and think it's the best DCEU film by quite a way. If she ends up in a shit film then it could do the WB/DC goodwill the film built up a great deal of harm.

They are making her front and centre of this film after WW's success and if it was too dark then no surprises that they are trying to make it lighter.
  • Derblington 13 Aug 2017 13:43:14 29,924 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are they?
    This was already well into shooting when WW released.
  • Page

of 47 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.