The Apprentice

• Page

of 29 First / Last

Previous
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 10:30:00 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why cant the girls just hug and get along? I reckon this program may be revealing a fair few uncomfortable truths......

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Nemesis 3 Mar 2005 10:34:17 18,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You're Fired!

But you do get to take away a very nice Amstrad telephone internet thingie.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's like a room full of the worst people ever. Just the mere thought of the fuckers getting fired and a bollocking keeps me watching.

Edited by Nemesis at 10:34:44 03-03-2005
  • kincaide 3 Mar 2005 10:59:51 5,067 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As far as I am concerned - this is the best thing on TV at the moment
  • Nemesis 3 Mar 2005 11:02:52 18,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ooooh, who's that REALLY fucking Up Me Own Arris girl with glasses. She decided to be the Team Leader on the flower selling gig and completely fucked everything up.

GOD she gets right under my fucking skin. The type of person I really really REALLY can't stand.

I've only watched the first proggy, we've got the rest Plus'd
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 11:09:48 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    Ooooh, who's that REALLY fucking Up Me Own Arris girl with glasses. She decided to be the Team Leader on the flower selling gig and completely fucked everything up.

GOD she gets right under my fucking skin. The type of person I really really REALLY can't stand.

I've only watched the first proggy, we've got the rest Plus'd

yeah...but I reckon she could win it. Weed out the ones whos skin she gets under by leaving them high & dry when they react whilst still delivering the required results..... She is pretty awesome @ sales as all that counts is selling the product regardless of the approach, she knows when to back off (she wasn't so much in 'view' this week) and when to really piss people off! Very wily and intelligent IMO...

• Deleted user 3 March 2005 11:11:19
    *****Spolier ahead! Don't read if you don't want to know who gets fired in week 3******

Problem with the girls' team seems to be that they fell out on the first task (thanks to mrs up-her-own-arris) and can't get along now.

Dunno if i can watch any more now - not now that cute little blonde has got the boot :o(

That fat hopeless bloke can't last much longer. Trying too hard to be a hard-nosed businessman - "It's not personal... it's business!" Wanker.

Edited by Fozzie_bear at 11:12:58 03-03-2005
  • Nemesis 3 Mar 2005 11:17:04 18,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    She won't win it, she's got the

MEMELISTENTOMESHUTSHUTUPLISTENTOMEI'MRIGHT

You really think Sugar is going to listen to someone who's adept at finding reasons that they didn't fuck up? You can see the bloke doesn't like that type and she's gonna fall if that continues. She's full of self importance and shit.
  • Deleted user 3 March 2005 11:27:11
    Anyone else read Ally Ross in The Su today? Pointed out that Alan Sugar is looking uncannily like Nookie Bear these days.

Anyone ever seen them in the same room together? Thought not.
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 11:31:35 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    She won't win it, she's got the

MEMELISTENTOMESHUTSHUTUPLISTENTOMEI'MRIGHT

You really think Sugar is going to listen to someone who's adept at finding reasons that they didn't fuck up? You can see the bloke doesn't like that type and she's gonna fall if that continues. She's full of self importance and shit.

Hmmmm. Thing is though that she led the team once and succeeeded and sold a shit load of flowers. She kept her mouth shut and got on with the job with the presentation last week and was a good team member.

This week she got a free view box for free which is a major result and fitted into the team suberbly without pissing anyone off.

So far, she gets the result that she is asked to get, every time....

• Nemesis 3 Mar 2005 11:35:48 18,752 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Didn't sell as many flowers as the boys, though!
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 11:44:30 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    Didn't sell as many flowers as the boys, though!

True, but whilst the rest of the girls were behaving like they were on some sort of catwalk, she shifted more flowers than them....

• richispsycho 3 Mar 2005 11:46:22 714 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am sorry if I offend anyone here but all the women are a bunch of mingers.

Compared to US version they are a bunch of dinner ladies.

I'm emigrating....
  • gamingdave 3 Mar 2005 11:50:35 4,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Great TV, entertaining and interesting at the same time.

As for MEMELISTENTOMESHUTSHUTUPLISTENTOMEI'MRIGHT-girl. Ahhhhh what a patronising, load-mouthed, stuborn cow. Thers no chance she will win, even though she may have sold some flowers she practicaly forced people to buy them from her, sure she may have got some sales, but theres no way any of those people that bought from her would buy again. Everyone shes done business with in the end has done it to get rid of her, there be no repeat custom.

She really is anoying, infact all the women are. They have massive chips on there shoulders, and IMO completely untrustworthy, not that im saying id trust all the blokes though.

There is one of the blokes though whos sales patter is increadable, the one who sold the bulk of the flowers the 1st week, not sure how good hell be in other areas but he certainly talks a good game.
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 12:02:10 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "There is one of the blokes though whos sales patter is increadable, the one who sold the bulk of the flowers the 1st week, not sure how good hell be in other areas but he certainly talks a good game. "

How can that be 'incredible' sales patter? Just a normal pitch with as much if not more pushyness that Saira.

If someone buys from you or sells to you at the price you want then that is their decision, and talking of repeat custom, if she was to approach the same customers again then they are likely to buy again, but even quicker, just to get rid of her again! On that she can then build a solid reputation where customers respect her tenacity...;0)

If you get told to get a particular result then that is what you are going to do. The black guy was utterly shit at negotiating yesterday as he was not relating to the shop keeper and just making statements, instead of open ended questioning and closing.

Saira is a closer.

/makes coffee for Saira...

Edited by Madder Max at 12:03:31 03-03-2005

• gamingdave 3 Mar 2005 12:41:54 4,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought he had "increadable" sales patter, because he seemed to use a different approach with every different person, and seemed to suss early on how low they would go and not bother messing around. His results spoke for themselves aswell.

I rekon everyone who bought the flowers from Saria, if they saw her again selling flowers, would cross the road to avoid her.

Do you not agree shes a REALLY patronising women, and that working in a team with someone like that is just plain unpleasant. I dont respect her tanacity, I think shes a cow.

The poor black guy in the offy haggling over the bottle of champas was hysterical, he was so bad it was embarrising for him. He really shouldnt have been given that task.
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 12:46:36 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The way I see it is that in their particular enviroment, they have to get along whilst looking for the scapegoat every week. I think Saira knows that she will have opposition to her so she needs to start pissing people off early so that their reactions look bad, which increases their chances of being fired.

In a normal working enviroment there is not this competitive dynamic and we dont know what she is like in a normal enviroment...

• Smiggs 3 Mar 2005 12:47:02 93 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Madder Max wrote:
    If someone buys from you or sells to you at the price you want then that is their decision, and talking of repeat custom, if she was to approach the same customers again then they are likely to buy again, but even quicker, just to get rid of her again! On that she can then build a solid reputation where customers respect her tenacity...;0)

If you get told to get a particular result then that is what you are going to do. The black guy was utterly shit at negotiating yesterday as he was not relating to the shop keeper and just making statements, instead of open ended questioning and closing.

Saira is a closer.

/makes coffee for Saira...

I'd personally be interested to see how she would approach a longer term project where she had to retain customers over a period of time. If she used a similar selling technique for anything worth more than a few quid I'd certainly tell her where to stick it!

As for the rest of women, their bitching is just killing the team spirit the one with the dyed hair and the one that got kicked out exempilified this, they made it too political. Working in a mostly Female office I see this everyday there's always rumours and bitching going round. Its just not a good way to run an office, some women where just made to stay at home ;)
  • monochrome_blue 3 Mar 2005 12:54:41 538 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madder Max wrote:
    Why cant the girls just hug and get along? I reckon this program may be revealing a fair few uncomfortable truths......

Indeed, who was it who said girls mature faster than boys? ;-)

Seriously, I don't know if they have just chosen based on a sterotype, but i run my own business, and i've seen girls behave like that around here before.

Monochrome
  • marilena 3 Mar 2005 13:45:17 8,203 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's difficult to say this without sounding misoginist, but in my experience women are a lot worse than men at teamwork. And they're more likely to stab you in the back, sometimes for no reason at all.

It's a generalistation of course, but the fact is, a vast majority of the women I have worked with fit this profile. At my current job, for instance, I have had problems with every single one of the women and none of the men. Sometimes I wonder, would I still like my female friends if I had to work with them?
  • tiddles 3 Mar 2005 13:52:30 3,555 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I missed the second half of last night's show - who got fired and why?
  • Smiggs 3 Mar 2005 14:05:49 93 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    tiddles wrote:

Miriam (?) the blonde one, as she had basically bitched about her role and not been a team player or listened to the project leader.

Adele (project leader?) came very very close, I'd have sacked both because neither fulfilled their role.
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 14:17:11 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Smiggs wrote:
    tiddles wrote:

Miriam (?) the blonde one, as she had basically bitched about her role and not been a team player or listened to the project leader.

Adele (project leader?) came very very close, I'd have sacked both because neither fulfilled their role.

Oh Yeah....whats going on with Adele's make-up? makes her look like she's got a red nose...

• Nick Staff 3 Mar 2005 14:20:28 618 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have to say I was quite suspicious of the way Saira managed to get the Freeview box for free - after a bit of local lingo - who else thought she probably said "Tell you what, I'll come back and give you 100 quid for it later on if you just pretend to give it to me now?"

• gamingdave 3 Mar 2005 14:22:06 4,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nick wrote:
    I have to say I was quite suspicious of the way Saira managed to get the Freeview box for free - after a bit of local lingo - who else thought she probably said "Tell you what, I'll come back and give you 100 quid for it later on if you just pretend to give it to me now?"

That or "your on tv, well keep this going for a while, and get lots of shots of your shop, make yourself look good and its in your favour"
  • Juninho 3 Mar 2005 14:22:46 1,825 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nick wrote:

Ha,ha, nice one.

I thought she didnt so much "negotiate" for this, as bully a man who was clearly uncomfortable in front of the cameras.

And all that "Asian Posse!" stuff in front of Alan Sugar during the meal at the end was just cringeworthy.

Not quite as bad as the two bints from the other team squabbling like children.
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2005 14:23:23 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    gamingdave wrote:
    Nick wrote:

That or "your on tv, well keep this going for a while, and get lots of shots of your shop, make yourself look good and its in your favour"

Yup, and thats how business is done. The conditions in which deals are done are not prescribed!

• gamingdave 3 Mar 2005 14:35:42 4,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see what your saying Max, if she completes the challenge shes done her job. But theres more to look for in employes (sp?). Do you think you could work with her, she disruptive and anoying in a team enviroment and on those grounds id not hire her.
  • Lukus 30 Aug 2006 23:26:51 19,477 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm.. tempting, but I'm watching True Lies (ITV2), so no deal.

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 28 September 2010 15:40:28
    alex credits himself with originally conceiving the bendy bus

um
  • Deleted user 28 September 2010 15:45:47
    wait isn't mowgli's name stuart?

edit: ah, isle of man. whew
  • Page

of 29 First / Last

Previous