Resogun Page 7

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• jimlufc 29 Dec 2013 10:35:55 118 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The nicest thing about this game is that it is one of the few games where the 'achievements' actually add something to the game.

They are well designed and ensure that you are encouraged to try different sorts of challenges. It reminds me of being a child when I would invent all sorts of daft limitations to what I could do to make the game last longer.

Compare that to the trophies in Fifa where half of them seem like a cheap way to encourage you to play Ultimate Team, thus increasing the likelihood of you buying packs, and you see the good and bad of the achievement culture straight away.
  • TheDarkKnight 29 Dec 2013 14:47:38 695 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Vortex808 Strange, got it earlier and it popped just as the boss started forming. Can't see that I did much different, but I don't mind, an enjoyable trophy to get. Shows just how powerful boost can be, I love it.

On to the "complete the game without losing too many lives on experienced" now, think it may be a bit trickier! :D

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• TheDarkKnight 29 Dec 2013 14:50:15 695 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @jimlufc I agree, the trophies are a joy to acquire. I wouldn't of used the Phobos for instance, as the Nemesis is easily my favourite, but I'm glad the trophy encouraged me to do so as it changes your play style so much.

• FuzzyDuck 29 Dec 2013 15:20:23 4,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I Platinumed it as all the trophies were just downright fun, not a chore to play at all (and I'm still playing it).
  • TheDarkKnight 29 Dec 2013 20:12:02 695 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Woohoo! My first platinum trophy ever! Glad it was this game, and a PS4 launch game, for free no less! Really enjoyed it. Expect I'll start putting in some more BF4 time now, but I hope they release some cool DLC for this.

• Darknight 6 Jan 2014 10:39:54 302 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The platinum trophy for this is now mine (stone_golem1 on PSN for anyone interested in scores, but I'm not sure I'm that competitive!). Just the last level to complete on master now - although how the hell anyone is supposed to do that I have no idea!
  • bobmar360 12 Jan 2014 19:23:18 917 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's people's scores on this.... I got 26 million (on experienced) with Phobos
  • Deleted user 12 January 2014 19:52:48
    jimlufc wrote:
    The nicest thing about this game is that it is one of the few games where the 'achievements' actually add something to the game.

They are well designed and ensure that you are encouraged to try different sorts of challenges. It reminds me of being a child when I would invent all sorts of daft limitations to what I could do to make the game last longer.

Compare that to the trophies in Fifa where half of them seem like a cheap way to encourage you to play Ultimate Team, thus increasing the likelihood of you buying packs, and you see the good and bad of the achievement culture straight away.
    Super stardust was the same. They were literally new game modes in themselves, they were fantastic.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2014 15:45:16
    Nearly had a perfect run. All humans saved, no lives lost, but i used one bomb. And i think i could have used my overdrive :( That was on rookie though. I completed it on expereinced first, but i wondered if i could get through it all on rookie without losing no lives, which i did. Gah. Frustrating, But fun!
  • Deleted user 16 January 2014 23:40:07
    Just platinumed the game. :)

Don't think thats me finished with it though. Game is just too fun.

My last trophy was just completing the game with ferox, so i put it on rookie and had some fun. 82 mil. Which is weirdly almost 20 mil short of the run i put together in the post above. Although i lost one human through prating about. I was trying to make sure i used overcharge when there were a load of enemies, so i would rake up 9500 odd to multiply. Obivioulsy using it willy nilly works better then, and having more goes on it.
  • FuzzyDuck 16 Jan 2014 23:46:52 4,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @joelstinton

I got the Platinum for this a few weeks back, but it's still keeping me up past my bedtime a few times a week. Great game :)
  • Deleted user 16 January 2014 23:48:45
    Yeah the last couple of nights its just done that :)
  • Reallysorry 17 Jan 2014 00:40:32 296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I feel like I should plat this since so many have but I'm just too shit at it haha, really struggle with the last boss on experienced and that gives me no hope of completing veteran.
  • FuzzyDuck 17 Jan 2014 01:08:12 4,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Reallysorry

What ship are you using? I had to play it on Rookie with Phobos, that ship is just way too slow (and died multiple times on the last boss), but battered him with Nemesis!
  • Reallysorry 17 Jan 2014 01:12:55 296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @FuzzyDuck I've done rookie with all of them. I'm using Phobos on experienced as it just slices through everything up until that last boss and yeah it's just too slow for it. Once I've mopped up some trophies on puppeteer tomorrow I might have another go with nemesis.
  • Trafford 17 Jan 2014 01:17:50 5,871 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fucking hell Joel, what have you done to the friends leaderboards :D
  • FuzzyDuck 17 Jan 2014 01:32:04 4,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Reallysorry

Yep, Phobos can absolutely batter the enemy, but it's muck at getting out of a tight spot.

Nemesis is by far the weakest ship, but it can outrun anything and once you get the hang of boost-bombing enemies, it becomes pretty devastating (do the trophy for reaching a boss without shooting, that'll get you into the swing of boosting in a big way).
  • Reallysorry 17 Jan 2014 12:20:05 296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Fuckkkkkkkkk 3rd last human from saving them all and I died while carrying him.
  • Fake_Blood 19 Jan 2014 13:06:28 4,282 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Djezus Joel, 101 mil, #253 worldwide, very impressive.
  • Reallysorry 20 Jan 2014 12:50:33 296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Yessss got the plat for it! Actually didn't take as long as I had expected as I didn't realise you could do some of the trophies on single level mode.

What an awesome game though & for free as well.
  • mrpon 20 Jan 2014 12:52:52 29,183 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Careful, don't mention the F word!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• cowell 20 Jan 2014 13:09:01 698 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not usually bothered about shmups, but enjoying this. Great for a quick blast. Shame I'm so terrible at it
  • Gregolution 21 Jan 2014 13:07:16 3,511 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aaaarg!!!! Any tips for the final boss in Resogun? I was so close to my 1CC last night. Got to him with 3 lives left and died on the last stage. No idea what to do when he's moving slowly around the screen firing red dots from both ends. I can approach the rear but can't shoot him, the front seems like way too many red dots.

HELP!

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• BeebleB 21 Jan 2014 13:13:23 954 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Keep backing off when the red dots\lines are coming, use the boost to stay a reasonable distance away, and pick ur gaps when he starts shooting. He's not that hard and if u boost ur way through tough spots u should be able to take him down.

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• Reallysorry 21 Jan 2014 14:17:43 296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Gregolution I really struggled with the last boss on Experienced and vet for a long while then I figured it out. (Using Nemesis) Basically the first phase where he shoots at you just stay close shooting at him going up and down the screen in between his fireballs, second phase with the lines just avoid them while shooting them also, third phase I believe is the one with the red rings just short sharp bursts of boost to stay in front of them and I don't bother trying to fire at him too much here and the last phase with the fireballs all over I just boost under him and sit at the back shooting his underside and when he's gunna pass you just boost back under again and he can't actually hit you. Hope that helps buddy.
  • Deleted user 21 January 2014 15:29:14
    Trafford wrote:
    Fucking hell Joel, what have you done to the friends leaderboards :D
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Djezus Joel, 101 mil, #253 worldwide, very impressive.
    Yeah, sorry about that :D I could go a bit higher if i wanted too, as i lost one human as well.

For the last boss, i found boost really useful, just in little squirts, the red circles aren't too bad, little squirts and a little bit of movement, as you are going away from him.

As for the last bit, when he fires loads of stuff at you, he fires in bursts, so you should be able to manipulate where he fires too, so you just go up and down when he 'reloads'. Or, has really sorry, above says, use boost to get under him at the later part of his body (it snakes), boost back out and then back in when you are ready.

Edited by joelstinton at 15:30:25 21-01-2014
  • Fake_Blood 21 Jan 2014 15:38:38 4,282 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you're going for another run some night, would you mind streaming it?
  • Deleted user 21 January 2014 15:43:53
    I don;t have a twitch or u stream account. And i would probably balls up under the pressure ha :) Maybe.

On rookie it isn't too hard, i had completed the game on expereinced first, and it just a matter of keeping your Multiplier up, learning when the seekers spawn and which way to tackle them. Also keep your bombs for end of level bonuses. I think if you gave a rookie play through later you be surprised how easy it is to go through it in one go.

Edited by joelstinton at 15:44:50 21-01-2014
  • Progguitarist 21 Jan 2014 16:08:06 10,479 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My highest is 89.6 million on experienced.
  • bobmar360 21 Jan 2014 17:02:39 917 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God knows how people are getting these scores..... I have the multiplier and save all humans and still don't get past 35m
  • Page

of 10 First / Last