Diablo 3 Page 5

• Page

of 325 First / Last

• UncleLou Moderator 6 Jul 2008 12:23:06 35,855 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's fanatstic if you like the genre and don't need "Blizzard" on the box.

My most played game of 2006 and 2007, by a distance.

Only one real problem with the game - it's too easy on "normal", but you need to start on normal with every character. And it blows Diablo 2 and everything else in the genre completely out of the water when it comes to loot.

There's a demo out which gives you a good impression of the beginning.
  • Bloodloss 6 Jul 2008 12:29:04 4,499 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Plus it's ludicrously cheap nowadays. When I bought my copy (without the expansion though) it was a mere 4! And that was in December 2007.
  • THFourteen 6 Jul 2008 12:57:13 34,478 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    god damn it.

installing titan quest again now. i hate you people.
  • JediMasterMalik 6 Jul 2008 13:02:38 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bought Titan Quest yesterday, played it a bit, and it is quite good, though the VA is horrible.

It also crashes with graphical corruption every 30 minutes.
  • UncleLou Moderator 6 Jul 2008 13:07:26 35,855 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't think it ever crashed for me in levelling several characters up to 60+ on several PCs with several diffferent OSs, but then I do know you British people and PCs never seem to get along very well. ;p
  • JediMasterMalik 6 Jul 2008 14:07:29 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hehe

My PC does seem to act up after being on all day, and this was last night, so it was probably my PC getting tired. I think I need to tone down my CPU overclocking. Hasn't crashed yet playing now, so that must be it.
  • Bloodloss 6 Jul 2008 14:19:40 4,499 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any classes in particularly you consider fun or to avoid, UncleLou? I'm levelling a Theurgist at the moment.

edit: Oh right, this is the Diablo 3 thread... got a bit carried away there.
  • Ajay 6 Jul 2008 16:40:16 2,412 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I never got on as well with Titan Quest as well as most people, or as much as I'd have liked to. The annoyances like triggering mobs offscreen which insta-kill (or near as) and the incessant potion spamming took the fun out of it for me. No one else seemed to have as hard a time though, so it might be me choosing shitty class combinations and in fairness D2 itself suffers from at least one of those problems - being lucky enough to find leeching gear early on is a genre-wide problem, it seems.

There's an awful lot to like about it though - it's one of those games where even though I find it hard going I really can see why others have so much fun with it, since my gripes are mainly personal preference issues.

• Dirtbox 6 Jul 2008 16:48:02 79,216 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TQ is okay, but it's got no atmosphere and very little that makes is stand appart from Diablo 2. Infact I think only the graphics are the only difference.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Hunam 6 Jul 2008 20:21:30 20,674 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So far I'm a warrior type dude, not sure of the class excatly, but the all out attack one. Not finding it the easiest game in the world but that's because this isn't a genre i'm used to but i've stabbed up quite alot of dudes but just ran out of potions!

Only level 5 so far and looking for leonidas (SPARTA!!!!) to send some troops to the town.
  • [maven] 7 Jul 2008 14:58:38 5,187 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Internet hates Diablo 3 (Something Awful)

;)
  • Xerx3s 7 Jul 2008 15:02:14 23,944 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:

Only one real problem with the game - it's too easy on "normal", but you need to start on normal with every character. And it blows Diablo 2 and everything else in the genre completely out of the water when it comes to loot.

Really? Thought it was a mediocre attempt at D2. Was bored of it within a couple of hours. Maybe I should install it again.
  • Xerx3s 7 Jul 2008 15:05:22 23,944 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    [maven] wrote:

;)

As usual the internet is a fucking moron that uses one collective braincell to think.
  • magicpanda 7 Jul 2008 15:09:45 13,486 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wonder how much sales of Titan Quest have gone up over the last week or so?

/downloads from Steam
  • TechnoHippy 7 Jul 2008 15:11:00 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    As usual the internet is a fucking moron that uses one collective braincell to post.

Fixed that for ya :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Phattso Moderator 7 Jul 2008 15:17:00 13,952 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Calling Titan Quest "mediocre" is way wide of the mark. It certainly didn't nail the atmosphere as well as Diablo II, and lacked random dungeons, but in every other respect it was an excellent and well realised game. Crazy skill trees, too.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Jul 2008 15:18:30 26,630 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I have to go down as the worst Titan Quest player ever. Really enjoyed it right up until the first bosss, then got so stuck on trying to kill that big centaur bastard, I gave up and never went back.

This thread is now making think I should.
  • FooAtari 7 Jul 2008 15:40:25 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    Wonder how much sales of Titan Quest have gone up over the last week or so?

/downloads from Steam

What did you go and say that for. Had no idea it was on Steam, and im a bit skint at the minute...

/downloads demo.

Was Dungeon Seige any good?
  • magicpanda 7 Jul 2008 15:45:10 13,486 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's 20 Dollah for TQ+ expansion. Cheap as a few pints and runs on my Work PC.

God I miss PC gaming, call me a freak, there's something about it I love but can't put my finger on it.

Need a new PC asap! At the moment I'd probably sell my Gran to get one.
  • shamblemonkee 7 Jul 2008 16:42:21 14,661 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now i want to DL this, hopefulyl ill forget about it on the way home and not buy it on Steam! garn?!
  • FooAtari 7 Jul 2008 16:50:44 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    It's 20 Dollah for TQ+ expansion. Cheap as a few pints and runs on my Work PC.

God I miss PC gaming, call me a freak, there's something about it I love but can't put my finger on it.

Need a new PC asap! At the moment I'd probably sell my Gran to get one.

Its the way games are meant to be played :D
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Jul 2008 17:06:34 35,855 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:

Really? Thought it was a mediocre attempt at D2. Was bored of it within a couple of hours. Maybe I should install it again.

Well, couldn't disagree more, really. I am convinced that if Blizzard had made exactly this game, people would have creamed their pants, and it raised the bar in a few areas. Yeah, it doesn't quite have the Blizzard polish and character, but it got the essential core elements 100% right.

But then these games seem to be even more subjective than games in other genres, because the magic just has to work, otherwise they are just repetitive. I found Sacred, Dungeon Siege and Loki, to name 3 similar games, pretty terrible. TQ, however, worked for me like only Diablo 2 did before.
  • shamblemonkee 7 Jul 2008 17:08:39 14,661 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is the loot random at all?
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Jul 2008 17:10:12 35,855 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In Titan Quest? Yes. It has more logic to it than in other games because, say, a wolf won't drop a sword, but apart from that, yes. And after what must be several hundred hours of playing I am still finding items that look like none I've seen before.
  • warlockuk 7 Jul 2008 17:53:01 19,223 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I should go back and carry on with Titan Quest. Me loved it longtime.

IIRC I got lost for a bit though, couldn't see my way out of a zone. Got some AWESOME gear atm though, I'm a crazy apeshit killing machine. In a man-skirt.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Xerx3s 7 Jul 2008 17:58:20 23,944 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Calling Titan Quest "mediocre" is way wide of the mark. It certainly didn't nail the atmosphere as well as Diablo II, and lacked random dungeons, but in every other respect it was an excellent and well realised game. Crazy skill trees, too.

Yeah I don't know, it just didn't click with me at all. I think that I'm developing a 3d phobia or something.
  • ChthonicEcho 7 Jul 2008 18:12:56 410 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    [maven] wrote:

;)
    I actually laughed out loud at that, although I don't really like the idea of health globes.
  • iGaboru 12 Jul 2008 02:00:29 15 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I heard about TQ back when it was released but didn't get the chance to play it, so thanks to Steam now I must say it's fun and very appealing to Diablo players who can stand ancient themes as well as our beloved gothic Diablo atmosphere.
  • Dirtbox 12 Jul 2008 02:17:38 79,216 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What are you talking about, TQ has no atmosphere whatsoever.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Pike 6 Aug 2008 10:07:52 13,447 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh
  • Page

of 325 First / Last