Advice on house hunting Page 151

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• robc84 9 Nov 2017 22:24:13 11,904 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Jeepers

Yeah all good mate, thanks.

Bit overwhelming with all that needs to be done. So happy to be in though and can really see how good we can make it over time. I'm starting to make my peace with the sloping floors too which is good :)
  • monkehhh 9 Nov 2017 22:29:09 4,726 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @robc84 I'm sure the slope is very charming and quirky :)

Big meeting with the architect tomorrow to talk about plug sockets, lighting circuits, heating systems, flooring, etc. All the rock and roll stuff.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 Nov 2017 00:30:16 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Good luck anyway, folks.

Hey, I recently discovered much, & that some nice person in this world, actually did me a solid & possibly purchased me a nice house in the country. Sadly though, instead of treat me as an adult & tell me about it, nice locals in my town chose instead to be sneaky & awful, call me names false invented in a group, so they'd not have to bestow it upon me, but give to others instead, falsely. Terrible if true, as I've been seeking to move out for the last couple of years, as we all should right? Certainly! Only thing stopping me was a place to go & funds. I thank the nice chap who tried for me, anyway, while others hide from me & throw stones my way. I tried outreach a long time ago, but no one took my olive branch to better, sadly.

I expect I'm being called all sorts of awful false still, so some can continue to treat me as a child & exploit me for their own ends, & so I have no options at all. This is one of the reason I'm seeking to leave the U.K. When some go online to research awful things to call you, I know I'll be danced around by many Manchurian, than given truth & what exists for me in this world. Oh no! There I am saying stuff here again. A mountain of my postal mail has also just disappeared, including statement of importance. Some seek to liquidate for themselves, & not tell me about any of it, besides, my power of attorney removed behind my back & no rep given in my will. Worry not, I won't call you all the awful things false I can utter, so you can't live a nice life.

Hey, sorry to pop your housing bubble seeking. Don't mind me. Good luck having fun with looking out there & most importantly, choose your friends most carefully in this world. Lol, laters. To those who seek to liquidate & go around me, I want what you nice people spent of mine, in secret back, please. You cut me out like a chump, you still lose one way or another.

Edited by SpaceMonkey77 at 00:35:16 10-11-2017
  • JamboWayOh 10 Nov 2017 00:39:42 3,376 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think you need to go see a doctor. Seriously.
  • Your-Mother 10 Nov 2017 00:46:07 738 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Fuck off
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 Nov 2017 01:15:34 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lol! I'm actually sane, but my apologies to you. I don't want to annoy you guys. Less of the f-bombs, please.

I'll keep my cool anyway. Sorry. I'd like a rep but can't afford one. More so some seek to accuse me of awful things I've not done, just for station & friends.

As you were, though.

Back on topic, housing list is too long, but I will likely be moving elsewhere, anyway.
  • FuzzyDucky 10 Nov 2017 01:39:26 2,559 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    What sort of standing do you have in your community that others can gain "station and friends" by slandering your name?

Aren't you a 40 something that lives literally in your Ma's basement?
  • Psychotext 10 Nov 2017 02:01:32 62,018 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's not a lot of sense to what was written there. Someone bought him a place, but people managed to get it taken away from him because they called him names?

It's complete nonsense.

If he broke into Jabberwocky I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.
  • the_milkybar_kid 10 Nov 2017 05:00:34 6,095 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't know what kind of hiveminded community he lives in that decides who they give houses to. the way he talks about it I'm beginning to think it's some Amish villige thats segregated from the world and live like its the 1700's that think SM is some sort of demon with his electric computer device and posters of Anime girls.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 10 Nov 2017 06:05:03 1,247 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Fwiw (and its not worth much), SM appears to be 40 (I assume 77 is his year of birth), male and living with his parents who are apparently sick of him just playing games all the time. He's unemployed so sponging off them and I suppose the state/us because of his "arts" . He says there's a big conspiracy against him that he can't talk about. He also says he's written stuff that proves how artistic he is, but he's repeatedly ignored requests for examples of it. He ignores a lot of things like being told repeatedly to fuck off.

He also only writes in the "peace, love and ampersands" manner in threads where his only interest seems to be making the thread about him. He writes normally in other threads.

In other words, he's a deluded troll who should really be banned as he's not adding anything to the threads he clutters up with his made up gibberish. I'm not sure why the mods haven't done so yet as a cursory look at his posting history makes it clear.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 10 Nov 2017 06:10:32 1,247 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @robc84 I'm getting a bit overwhelmed and I'm not even in the house yet! :) The amount of paperwork and process is draining and I'm seeing why people say it's one of the biggest life stresses.

Glad you're getting used to the place. I've said to my wife that we should live in the place a while before we decide what needs doing as I think that will save us wasting money on things we realise aren't that big a deal....plus I'm not made of money !
  • Jeepers 10 Nov 2017 06:33:33 16,382 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Might want to get it swept before lighting any fire
    Chimney sweep coming 10am tomorrow so I'll have to delay the first fire a day. Stupid safety rules.
  • robc84 10 Nov 2017 06:39:10 11,904 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GuybrushThreepwood wrote:
    @robc84 I'm getting a bit overwhelmed and I'm not even in the house yet! :) The amount of paperwork and process is draining and I'm seeing why people say it's one of the biggest life stresses.

Glad you're getting used to the place. I've said to my wife that we should live in the place a while before we decide what needs doing as I think that will save us wasting money on things we realise aren't that big a deal....plus I'm not made of money !
    Yeah good luck with that ;)

I said the same and I'm spending £5k on a new heating system next week and another £5k on a kitchen before Christmas! Kitchen is on 3 years interest free credit though.

Still, there goes what remained of my savings....
  • robc84 10 Nov 2017 06:42:28 11,904 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    @robc84 I'm sure the slope is very charming and quirky :)

Big meeting with the architect tomorrow to talk about plug sockets, lighting circuits, heating systems, flooring, etc. All the rock and roll stuff.
    That's what I keep telling myself! No one else seems to notice or be bothered by it so I just try to ignore it.

Good luck with the architect! Sounds like riveting stuff.
  • SpaceMonkey77 10 Nov 2017 07:03:10 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sorry. Apologies. I'm usually quite chill even here but I'm feeling a little weird after I was poisoned a five times by locals too, you know, just for laughs. I'm not laughing or as happy as much now. Some have been entering our home when absent too, removing items besides, for a while, access given by others.

These are some of the reasons I may be departing in the future. Bad neighbors & difficult family, who I've done nothing to, but they antagonize me instead, is another good reason to leave anywhere. I hope none of you have any of this grief, when you set up your homes & after you've done nothing to those around you.

Its understandable for me to be a little worried, if some casually put my life in danger & no one will listen. Sorry, continue as you were.

Edited by SpaceMonkey77 at 07:04:53 10-11-2017

Edited by SpaceMonkey77 at 07:07:31 10-11-2017
  • elstoof 10 Nov 2017 07:04:35 18,653 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @craigy how about you sprinkle some of that magic here too
  • GuybrushThreepwood 10 Nov 2017 07:07:34 1,247 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @robc84 i think we'll need a new boiler. It's 20 years old and according to the energy report is inefficient as hell (though I'm going to get that double checked as I'd heard from the owners that British Gas told them it's A rated). Wife also wants a new bathroom and has mentioned a conservatory... I'm going to fight the conservatory idea to my last breath. No one ever seems to use them.

Oh and yeah, definitely get a sweep in for that chimney Jeepers. Chimney fires or smoke coming back into the house aren't nice.
  • robc84 10 Nov 2017 07:08:17 11,904 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • GuybrushThreepwood 10 Nov 2017 07:13:39 1,247 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @monkehhh I'm sure you've thought of it, but make sure you've plugs on both sides of a room. Loads of houses these days seem to only have them on one side and then you've got extension leads all over the place.

So wish our new place had plug points in the bathroom. That'll be on the list.
  • robc84 10 Nov 2017 07:28:35 11,904 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84 i think we'll need a new boiler. It's 20 years old and according to the energy report is inefficient as hell (though I'm going to get that double checked as I'd heard from the owners that British Gas told them it's A rated). Wife also wants a new bathroom and has mentioned a conservatory... I'm going to fight the conservatory idea to my last breath. No one ever seems to use them.

Oh and yeah, definitely get a sweep in for that chimney Jeepers. Chimney fires or smoke coming back into the house aren't nice.
    Wimmin eh?

Sure you'll come to an agreement* when you get in there.

*whereby she gets what she wants
  • Dougs 10 Nov 2017 07:43:45 83,758 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Chimney sweep coming 10am tomorrow so I'll have to delay the first fire a day. Stupid safety rules.
    Gits that bought my place were savvy and asked for the chimney to be swept before completion. Can't wait to sort out a fire here.
  • Dougs 10 Nov 2017 07:46:08 83,758 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, conservatories are a massive waste of space. If she wants the additional light and space, go for a small extension with bifold doors and a glass ceiling/windows etc.
  • elstoof 10 Nov 2017 07:57:55 18,653 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sliding doors would be my choice, much thinner frames than bifolds so when they’re closed (which will be most of the year) you have a better view out. You can’t open them fully like bifolds though
  • monkehhh 10 Nov 2017 07:59:26 4,726 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @GuybrushThreepwood yeah, I've drawn about 16 plug points behind the TV so I don't have to have everything coming out of one socket! Wonder if you're allowed plug points in the bathroom? Maybe just those shaver points I've never, ever used?
  • monkehhh 10 Nov 2017 08:00:06 4,726 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And do not ever get a conservatory, they're garbage.

(Apologies to conservatory owners :))

Edited by monkehhh at 08:00:36 10-11-2017
  • henro_ben 10 Nov 2017 08:17:09 2,325 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Definitely get the boiler checked by an independent engineer, preferably one you've used before & trust - my boiler was basically condemned by British Gas, as it's at least 40 years old & really inefficient. Got 3 independents in to look at it / service it since then and every single one has said the same thing: keep it, they basically last forever and it'd take more than the lifespan of a new boiler to recoup the cost in savings from improved efficiency...
  • elstoof 10 Nov 2017 08:24:05 18,653 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How could it take more than the lifespan if they basically last forever
  • Dougs 10 Nov 2017 08:28:51 83,758 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Lifespan of the new boiler....

Speaking of boilers, my nephew (recently trained but lives 6 hours away) was down for a visit and fixed my boiler. Took him best part of 3 hours but saved us a fortune, considering every other engineer has said we need a new one. Crate of beer on his way.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 10 Nov 2017 09:04:28 1,247 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Jeepers wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Gits that bought my place were savvy and asked for the chimney to be swept before completion. Can't wait to sort out a fire here.
    Now there's an idea...

/enters "git mode"
  • Page

of 154 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.