of 74 First / Last

• thelzdking 28 Aug 2013 10:06:19 4,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Princess Diana.
  • DFawkes 28 Aug 2013 10:19:02 22,605 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "Er" when typed. Say it in speech all you want, I appreciate sometimes it's nice to buy yourself some thinking time and standing there in silence, staring at the person you're speaking to, might make you seem weirder. But don't type it. If you need to think, just think, then post. It makes me irrationally angry. Obviously it won't now I've shared it as I'll always assume people are doing it to annoy me on purpose, so in a way posting this here has cancelled it out. Yay!

Also my own overuse of smileys. I'm not clever enough to imply tone through what I say, and attempts to in the past have been misconstrued, so I use smileys. I won't stop though. I will never stop.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• spindle9988 28 Aug 2013 10:25:02 3,503 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    People who sit in the quiet coach on the train listening to their headphones at full blast. Why sit in the quiet coach with headphones on?
    I am trying to read my fucking book
  • Punctum 28 Aug 2013 10:25:31 932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Post scripts used in digital correspondence.
  • Mageme 28 Aug 2013 10:26:27 1,994 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Parents who open packs of food to give to their kids whilst shopping and then handing the empty/half pack to the cashier at the checkout.

Should it annoy me? No, because it's none of my business. BUT IT FRICKIN' DOES!!

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• TheSaint 28 Aug 2013 11:23:40 14,201 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kids in the supermarket in general. Surely if you have young children who are prone to temper tantrums then internet shopping would be a blessing?
  • DFawkes 28 Aug 2013 11:25:32 22,605 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You sometimes find that if you have kids that take tantrums, simply getting out the house is a bigger blessing.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 28 August 2013 19:30:22
    Loud motorbikes. So very unnecessary. Illegal too. Not that the police are bothered, as there's no instant cash grab associated with things like speed cameras.

That reminds me:
    Speed cameras
    Speed humps
    Traffic wardens
    Confusing parking signs that are worded as such as to make things very unclear, and result in the usual fines should they be misinterpreted.

Edited by blacksea at 19:30:54 28-08-2013
  • President_Weasel 28 Aug 2013 20:05:27 8,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My three-and-a-bit year old niece's inability to master the concept of the double-jump on the tree fu Tom game from the bbc site. I showed her several times and explained patiently, god damn it! There's more collectibles, right there, on those upper platforms. Why won't you double jump? Whyyyyyyy?
  • Fake_Blood 28 Aug 2013 20:15:13 4,077 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What if she tries to double-jump in real life?
    What then mister president?
  • President_Weasel 28 Aug 2013 20:18:01 8,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She's fairly clear on the difference between games and real life - although Face Raiders freaked her out and I had to show her that there definitely weren't any holes in the actual walls.
  • RyanDS 28 Aug 2013 20:23:03 9,062 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    What if she tries to double-jump in real life?
    What then mister president?
    Double jump!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgVkP6o6Ig
  • elstoof 28 Aug 2013 20:34:59 6,631 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had a dream where I could double jump.

It was proper wizard, waking up was a bit if a let down.
  • altitude2k 28 Aug 2013 21:47:41 3,849 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The stupid way Stamp Duty is still imposed south of the border. A 5k jump over 250k is ridiculous.
  • President_Weasel 28 Aug 2013 21:51:34 8,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I had a dream where I could double jump.

It was proper wizard, waking up was a bit if a let down.
    I had a dream where you could get on a piece of packing foam, a bit like a float at the swimming but slightly larger, and use it to glide through the air for ages. It was awesome. It was also about 25 or even 30 years ago, and I still remember how great it was and how disappointed I was to wake up and realise it wasn't real.
    I feel for your double-jump loss, is what I am saying.
  • Megapocalypse 28 Aug 2013 21:52:35 5,323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bands that set up in empty pubs. If there's only a few people in there at 8.30 on a week night it's a fair bet they're there for a quiet drink and a band isn't going to bring more people in at that time.

I shouldn't get angry tonight though. They weren't bad and the girl I was with liked them and thought I'd planned the night like that. :)

And one of the amps exploded which was entertaining.

Edited by Megapocalypse at 21:53:59 28-08-2013
  • President_Weasel 28 Aug 2013 21:56:07 8,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Bands that set up in empty pubs. If there's only a few people in there at 8.30 on a week night it's a fair bet they're there for a quiet drink and a band isn't going to bring more people in at that time.

I shouldn't get angry tonight though. They weren't bad and the girl I was with liked them and thought I'd planned the night like that. :)

And one of the amps exploded which was entertaining.
    I'd change that to 'loud bands' and then agree with you 100%. A band that realise they're going to be just background music and go with it, I admire and approve of.
  • RyanDS 29 Aug 2013 08:01:14 9,062 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Twilight and it's ilk.

I watched a bit of the first one last night and it was offensively bad and anyone who enjoys it is clearly a bit thick or a thirteen year old girl.

It really annoys me that I feel this, I really shouldn't. It is both hypocritical as I love some crap (eg Star Trek) and it is childish to say that people tastes are wrong. But I just can't help myself and I do judge people when they say they love that sort of stuff. It really shouldn't annoy me, but it does.
  • Darth_Flibble 29 Aug 2013 09:41:17 1,623 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Twilight is poorly written crap, its for women with severe emotional problems and have a creepy and twisted view of relationships.

Noticed it a lot more now, that gamers have a emo breakdown over game reviews. When a game gets mostly bad reviews ALL around then its sign thats its a piece of shit game eg Lost planet 3. But no, some cunt has to throw his toys out of the pram, they can't even post a comment why its is good, just some shit about "haters gonna hate!!!1111" Nothing but oxygen thiefs. Always worth trying out games but don't brain fart some paranoid conspiracy why you think the reviewer gave it a 4
  • Tonka 29 Aug 2013 10:30:18 20,019 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People playing music on random.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• twelveways 29 Aug 2013 12:09:46 3,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why is playing music on random annoying?
  • Tonka 29 Aug 2013 12:21:28 20,019 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just find it utterly retarded.Which is a stupid thing. Much in the vein of the thread title.

Edited by Tonka at 12:22:07 29-08-2013

• DaM 29 Aug 2013 12:22:58 12,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mageme wrote:
    Parents who open packs of food to give to their kids whilst shopping and then handing the empty/half pack to the cashier at the checkout.

Should it annoy me? No, because it's none of my business. BUT IT FRICKIN' DOES!!
    I had to handover the barcode from a cucumber wrapper once...at least it's healthy eating! In our local Tescos, we have adults walking about eating chicken nuggets from the hot counter....

/Wholefoods
  • Zizoo 29 Aug 2013 12:24:23 8,115 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If I'm "dying" of thirst I'll crack open a coke in the shops and give them the empty bottle to scan.

Never done it with food though.
  • twelveways 29 Aug 2013 13:19:16 3,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tonka

I wasn't denying that it was in the wrong thread, I just don't get it. what if they make a playlist of songs but in a random order, is that the same?
  • RedSparrows 29 Aug 2013 13:19:58 22,069 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Mageme wrote:

100%
  • Khanivor 29 Aug 2013 13:29:21 40,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Much better off to finish the food and stuff the wrapper in behind some bog roll.

No irate fellow customers, free food.
  • alexm 29 Aug 2013 13:31:52 247 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    People who talk about gaming achievements as something they care about (unless they're a kid) or those who play through poor games whilst not really enjoying it. I know it's none of my business but I really feel life is too short for both these things.
  • Tonka 29 Aug 2013 13:36:04 20,019 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @twelveways People making playlists in random order also annoy me, yes. Even to someone like me (who hardly listens to music) there are things to be considered. Build up, genre clustering etc etc.

Worst of the worst of the annoyances are people putting albums on random.

• Tonka 29 Aug 2013 13:37:13 20,019 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apples previous headphones.

• Page

of 74 First / Last