Payday 2 Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 14 Sep 2013 20:40:13 4,645 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just started playing this tonight. I'm pretty terrible at it. First heist (jewellery store) ended in a huge firefight and I wasn't even close to retrieving the bags from the safe. I was playing with the AI though.

Any newbie tips?

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Metalfish 14 Sep 2013 21:40:06 8,874 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If playing solo, you're going to have a hard time until you level up. Especially where stealth is involved (you just plain won't have the skills to do stuff quickly and quietly). The game isn't very good at explaining itself, either. If you want info on one particular aspect, I can probably help though.

The most important thing is to get into the mindset that this isn't left for dead with banks: it's time crisis with drills. If you're not shooting something in the face, you should be in cover.
  • Whizzo 14 Sep 2013 22:17:57 43,344 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The AI is pretty awful, unless you're doing something like Mallsmasher where they can keep the cops off your back while you do the breaking they're almost useless.

It's a game where you need to be playing with other people, preferably people who use comms to keep everyone informed of current events, the game transforms completely then.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 14 Sep 2013 23:08:32 4,645 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cool, ta. I'm a bit cautious about jumping online. I reckon I'm going to get yelled at for being rubbish. :(

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• repairmanjack 29 Sep 2013 01:09:39 6,078 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Picked this up on 360 a few days ago. Really enjoying it, and managed to claw my way to level 25. I'm a bit rubbish, still, but up for some games. GT is madtheswine.
  • repairmanjack 1 Oct 2013 09:18:19 6,078 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I know I like games with a bit of jank, but this has kept me off GTA since I picked it up. Really enjoying it. Level forty one now and I'm still finding little tips and tricks... Had no idea you could shoot open wooden doors until last night. Working on ghost/tech and inching towards shaped charges. Hope we get the updates that buff the game soon.

I'm guessing more dlc heists are in the offing?
  • Deleted user 22 December 2013 01:36:01
    Any EG folk playing this? Just picked it up for cheap. Looks quite amusing.
  • glo 22 Dec 2013 09:07:27 3,438 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Got it for my birthday. Only played a few solo games so far. Would be up for some multiplayer if anyone fancies it.
  • Deleted user 22 December 2013 13:20:18
    It really is quite brilliant. Rough as hell but very enjoyable.

Looks like there will be chunks of DLC in 2014 too.

My GT is Wunty Phyve feel free to add me for some co-op high jinks.
  • repairmanjack 22 Dec 2013 15:13:49 6,078 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is still parked in front of the TV. Would be good to get some team games going again. Needs a bit of dlc now.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next