Payday 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • BillMurray 30 Jul 2013 09:49:52 7,235 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Couldn't find a thread! Anyone pre-ordered and had a go at the beta yet? I loved the first and even though none of my PC owning friends owned it I still had a lot of fun online playing with randoms. The latest game looks like more of the same but with a touch more variety which is fine with me.
  • neems 30 Jul 2013 10:03:58 1,081 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've not played it myself, but a couple of people on my friends list have the beta (including an EG regular) and apparently it's very good. General opinion seems to be that it is better than the first one - more variety if nothing else.
  • Metalfish 1 Aug 2013 15:42:06 8,693 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yup, that's my findings too. Though I'm not sure why there's so many nested reward systems in play: xp, money, payday cards and so forth. One of my main issues with the first was how stingy it was to start off (this massively put off the others I played it with 'cause it was really hard to start with).
  • dsmx 1 Aug 2013 18:03:50 7,414 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've put 17 hours into the beta, it's nothing short of brilliant. Looking forward immensely to the full game.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Metalfish 1 Aug 2013 18:12:27 8,693 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure about the needlessly flashy menus, but it is pretty damn fine. This is the CoD4 of co-op shooters, however.
  • captbirdseye 1 Aug 2013 18:55:27 4,354 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loved the first but 24.99 is a bit steep.
  • dsmx 1 Aug 2013 19:04:05 7,414 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's a shit load more content in this one though, I recall reading there's about 30 heists which can up to 7 sections to them, there's more guns, gadgets, rpg skill progression, weapon upgrades, mask customisation, different armour choices. Then we have the levels themselves that have aspects that change each time you play it, safes in different positions, parts of the levels in different places.

Trust me on this the higher price is more than justified.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Apollo 1 Aug 2013 19:06:47 522 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone know what the price for this will be on XBLA?
  • dsmx 1 Aug 2013 19:08:23 7,414 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No idea but generally speaking games on consoles are 10 more than the PC versions so it's probably going to be 34.99

• Apollo 1 Aug 2013 22:46:24 522 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For an XBLA title!?
  • johnson81 1 Aug 2013 22:57:36 368 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't imagine it'll be on XBLA, isn't it developed by a Sony dev? I know the first one was.
  • El_MUERkO 1 Aug 2013 23:01:16 16,836 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been playing it for the last few days, massive improvement over the first Payday. Well worth a punt, if not at launch then Crimbo sale.
  • RedSparrows 1 Aug 2013 23:05:56 20,762 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Will nab in sale. Looks fun!
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 23:11:45
    It is on xbox and it is a full retail release and it is 22 pre order on Shopto.
  • BillMurray 2 Aug 2013 17:20:35 7,235 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Loving this so far. Looking forward to seeing more missions appear after full release.
  • dsmx 2 Aug 2013 17:59:35 7,414 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You got a name on steam bill you could come play with me in the game, dsmx there as well if you want to drop a request.

• Metalfish 2 Aug 2013 18:03:06 8,693 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, this is definitely one to play with people who aren't complete bloody idiots.
  • dsmx 2 Aug 2013 18:08:30 7,414 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well playing on your own is still an option with the added bonus you get to keep all the ammo that drops for yourself.

• KD 2 Aug 2013 18:27:20 616 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played a lot of the first payday on pc with a group of friends, friend preordered so I got on the beta and levelled up full between update wipes. Instant purchase for me now and also works with a 360 pad since the last update I noticed, nice to see the game on my big tv and surround sound but back to k&m for me (also hunched back on a crappy desk).

Just looking to buy it now and think its 20 with a discount code on gamefly at the moment
  • neems 2 Aug 2013 18:27:22 1,081 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I watched a couple of videos on Youtube, and I can't help thinking the graphics looked a little bit weird - like there was something wrong with the DoF.

I'm tempted, but I'd prefer a demo.
  • Metalfish 2 Aug 2013 19:33:38 8,693 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The DoF does make it like playing as the guy who forgot his glasses, but it's stonking game. Although I think we can all agree the mission select screen is a load of badly-thought-out bobbins.
  • INSOMANiAC 6 Aug 2013 17:06:25 3,788 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Almost tempted to pay full whack and preorder this.... but with Splinter Cell and Xcom Declassified on the horizon..... might have to wait

Looks v good though

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• dsmx 6 Aug 2013 19:31:37 7,414 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've put nearly 30 hours into the beta now and I've decided to stop, it's really good and I don't want to get bored of the game before it even comes out. Well worth getting I just hope they improve the heist select screen because at the moment it's a really inefficient way of selecting which heist to do.

• Metalfish 6 Aug 2013 19:46:39 8,693 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I hit level 30, unlocked the drill (utterly gamebreaks 4-stores smash and grabs) and then put the beta on ice. I'm sad because many of my co-op buddies won't buy this based on the first one (good god that game was hard on newbies), so I'll be back here to organise games when the game goes live.
  • dsmx 6 Aug 2013 20:29:35 7,414 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was only hard on newbies that ran before they could walk, same thing applies here the main difference this time is there's shorter hesits so any mistakes on those ones don't waste such a long time.

• graysonavich 7 Aug 2013 10:34:31 6,805 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    First mission intro;

"Don't loose the coke!"

/sigh
  • Bleh 8 Aug 2013 20:29:50 233 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just saw that I have the beta in my steam list. Guess it's because I have the first one. Quiet curious to give it a go.
  • Ajay 8 Aug 2013 21:16:15 2,412 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, they opened up the Beta to anyone who owns the original earlier today. It's only for five days ahead of the launch on Tuesday, but it's well worth it if you like co-op or the first one.

I've already put a daft amount of time into it even though it'll all be reset for release. Managed to stealth the cash heist for the bank earlier, for the first time - we made sure we cleaned out the entire deposits, just for the hell of it.
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Aug 2013 09:35:19 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, the EG review says its pretty much more of the same, which is slightly disappointing.

I still don't know why these games don't offer split-screen co-op either, it would be ridiculous fun. If I can play split-screen on my N64 there really is no excuse for it not being featured in co-op games these days.

/ Grumpy

"Look at banner Michael!"

• Metalfish 13 Aug 2013 10:40:47 8,693 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As someone rather wonderfully puts it in the comments, 'that isn't a score at the bottom of the article, it's an "EG code 8" -which if you look in your manuals- means: "read the effing review".'

Myself, from the beta alone, would say this is one of the best co-op games I've ever played. If you've got 3 like-minded mates this is something you should definitely try.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous