Free games for XBL Gold subscribers

  • Page

    of 29 First / Last

    Previous
  • skatelite 1 Jul 2013 07:51:01 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/07/xbox-live-golds-free-game-is-not-halo-3-or-assassins-creed-ii-yet/

    It is defense grid :-/
  • mikew1985 1 Jul 2013 08:00:06 12,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Surely this is better than AC2 or Halo 3.

    I hear Defense Grid is quite good and probably not already owned by everyone and their mother.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 08:12:19
    Wait, so Halo 3 (2007) and AC2 (2009) are considered the highlights?

    Do they actually see what Sony are giving away with PS+?
  • skatelite 1 Jul 2013 08:14:08 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was hoping to play Halo 3 today. Oh well. Will play Tiger Woods and some gowj.
  • mikew1985 1 Jul 2013 08:15:23 12,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea, it's pretty shit comparatively.

    I recently moved abroad temporarily and took a PS3 with PS plus with me - massive library of games - no bloody discs to carry and they're genuinely good recent games coming available all the time.

    Xcom just last month for christ sake - that's value.

    Edited by mikew1985 at 08:16:04 01-07-2013
  • skatelite 1 Jul 2013 08:19:55 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mikew1985 i have been thinking of getting a ps3
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Jul 2013 08:29:41 37,832 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Defence Grid? Cool, I don't have that.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 08:46:48
    Meanwhile on the PS3...
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 08:55:51
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Xcom just last month for christ sake - that's value.
    The current line-up on PS+ is Amalur, Uncharted 3, X-COM, The Cave, LBP Karting, Catherine, ICO+SOTC HD, Demon Souls and LOTR:War in the North for PS3. For PS Vita you have Rayman and Gravity Rush.

    MS are countering with an XBLA game from 2008 and the promise of some other games that are also around 5 years old. On their online service that you pretty much have to pay for.

    Laughably pathethic to the point where they just shouldn't bother if they aren't going to attempt to do it properly.
  • ardamillo 1 Jul 2013 09:04:06 521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah Defence Grid is actually really good.

    MS continue to make themselves look like joyless scrooges through.
  • mrpon 1 Jul 2013 09:07:18 28,756 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    Meanwhile on the PS3...
    3rd July: Battlefield 3
    3rd July: Payday: The Heist
    3rd July: Saints Row the Third
    3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    3rd July: Unit 13

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 09:10:12
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Xcom just last month for christ sake - that's value.
    The current line-up on PS+ is Amalur, Uncharted 3, X-COM, The Cave, LBP Karting, Catherine, ICO+SOTC HD, Demon Souls and LOTR:War in the North for PS3. For PS Vita you have Rayman and Gravity Rush.

    MS are countering with an XBLA game from 2008 and the promise of some other games that are also around 5 years old. On their online service that you pretty much have to pay for.

    Laughably pathethic to the point where they just shouldn't bother if they aren't going to attempt to do it properly.
    This. It would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that they make up almost half of the gaming industry now (WiiU Lol etc.).
  • Spunkweazle 1 Jul 2013 09:10:57 470 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can anyone confirm if defense grid even works anymore? I tried to play it about a year ago and found that it kept crashing.

    It's a fantastic game, but I already paid for it

    http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 10:54:46
    How does this scheme work exactly?

    Is Defence Grid now free forever more for Gold subscribers? Or do I have to download it during this 2 week window?

    If I delete it in a months time will I be able to redownload it in the future for free?

    Thanks.

    Edit: Or have I got it completely wrong and the next 2 weeks are the only time I can play it free??

    Edited by Alipan at 10:57:26 01-07-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Jul 2013 10:58:15 37,832 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You'll have to download it now, but it'll remain in your d/l history forever and you'll be able to play it/redownload it even if you stop subscribing.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 11:02:06
    Oh great - you keep it even if you are no longer gold!? Thats good.
  • the_dudefather 1 Jul 2013 11:03:06 9,284 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But all those PS+ games are terrible because you have to play them on a smelly PS3

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 11:06:34
    To be fair the list of this months PS3 stuff is awesome. That would keep me going for a year probably!

    Bit like how you can quadruple tesco clubcard voucher for Pizza Express I just cant fathom the financial witchcraft behind this!!

    Edited by Alipan at 11:08:44 01-07-2013
  • Bremenacht 1 Jul 2013 11:21:00 17,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tetris is up next.
  • mrpon 1 Jul 2013 11:22:11 28,756 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    But all those PS+ games are terrible because you have to play them on a smelly PS3
    Your Mum.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • skatelite 1 Jul 2013 11:25:17 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 11:42:57
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Tetris is up next.
    I'm afraid you're incorrect.

    Everyone knows that it's the highly anticipated Doritos Crash Course.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 11:46:45
    Can't download anything. Just says it costs 800 MS points?
  • Bremenacht 1 Jul 2013 12:08:18 17,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Tetris is up next.
    I'm afraid you're incorrect.

    Everyone knows that it's the highly anticipated Doritos Crash Course.
    \o/

    Another crown jewel in the gaming lexicon. Surely they cannot afford to keep giving away their riches?
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 12:22:29
    We are not worthy

    *bows*
  • bobdebob 1 Jul 2013 12:50:32 586 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think I may have made a slight mistake in re-subscribing to live, especially after realising I don't that many MP games for 360.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 1 Jul 2013 15:08:08 1,899 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone else tried downloading it only to be told it's still 800 points?
  • kinky_mong 1 Jul 2013 15:35:30 10,137 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bobdebob wrote:
    I think I may have made a slight mistake in re-subscribing to live, especially after realising I don't that many MP games for 360.
    I feel similar after renewing again in April. Since then about the only benefit I've had from Gold is getting a Sleeping Dogs DLC a bit cheaper and playing a few games of Halo 4.

    Definitely should have got a PS+ sub instead. :(

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • bobdebob 1 Jul 2013 15:51:42 586 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    bobdebob wrote:
    I think I may have made a slight mistake in re-subscribing to live, especially after realising I don't that many MP games for 360.
    I feel similar after renewing again in April. Since then about the only benefit I've had from Gold is getting a Sleeping Dogs DLC a bit cheaper and playing a few games of Halo 4.

    Definitely should have got a PS+ sub instead. :(
    Well, my PS3 is almost full and it's a pain in the arse just to play disc games which require installs.

    Still, MS are being tight, if they handing out XBLA games at least hand out 2 at a time.

    Edited by bobdebob at 15:52:46 01-07-2013
  • jambii267 1 Jul 2013 15:52:31 1,366 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Same here, PS+ looks like it would be awesome during the summer drought.

    Shame that the PS4 online play will be behind a PS+, but if they keep up this quality of free games then I don't think anyone will complain.

    Letting everyone play your game for free is a great way of advertising your upcoming sequel.

    NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

  • Page

    of 29 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply