Super Mario 3D World Page 38

• Page

of 38 First / Last

Next
  • kinky_mong 28 Mar 2014 10:24:29 10,097 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers, thing is I'm trying to do it with Mario as I've done every other level with him so want that stamp at the end. Just looked at the video and the timings don't actually look that bad.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• PirateRoberts 28 Mar 2014 12:44:45 274 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @kinky_mong

“Just looked at the video and the timings don't actually look that bad. “

Did you mean, the youtube video I posted? The text in the video, should explain the timing, and specific inputs. But it is so difficult to read, because, so much, is going on so fast, that the text, to explain what is happening, needs to change every couple of seconds. It is a mad level. But certainly worth the effort to finish it.
  • ZyroXZ2 11 Apr 2014 02:55:53 68 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Side note: my friend's little sister deleted my 100% save file on purpose. And then played coy about it, and of course, her save file was fine and dandy. Since I use my Wii U for demos, I've had to play through it a second time...

... And it still puts a smile on my face. :D

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy! ^^/

• ecureuil 11 Apr 2014 07:50:59 76,647 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This months Edge has a 'Making Of' for this game.
  • Deleted user 20 July 2014 08:45:53
    Champion’s motherfucking Road.
  • javvyman 20 Jul 2014 16:44:33 708 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've still to do this myself.

Gave up months ago, used to try it every day for about an hour. Got as far as the crazy speed ramps and choked every time, even with the catsuit.

This level is truly soul crushing in every sense of the word.
  • PirateRoberts 20 Jul 2014 19:12:10 274 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    javvyman wrote:
    I've still to do this myself.

Gave up months ago, used to try it every day for about an hour. Got as far as the crazy speed ramps and choked every time, even with the catsuit.

This level is truly soul crushing in every sense of the word.
    When you say 'choke', do you mean good strategy with poor execution? Or poor strategy?

Trying everyday for an hour will get you there in the end. If it is just a strategy issue you are having, check my video at 43secs, 52sec or 74secs and that should show you the easiest strategies for those sections.

Remember, that Mario only reaches his top speed after he's been running (straight line or in a circle) for a while for the second smoke trail to show when his turbo kicks-in.

Edited by PirateRoberts at 19:13:03 20-07-2014
  • binky Moderator 20 Jul 2014 19:41:25 9,556 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @PirateRoberts That is bloody impressive! I think a lot of it, (once you have the strategy) is having the confidence to implement it.
  • PirateRoberts 21 Jul 2014 00:32:43 274 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    binky wrote:
    @PirateRoberts That is bloody impressive! I think a lot of it, (once you have the strategy) is having the confidence to implement it.
    @binky

It is and it isn't - putting to one side the part at 73secs - when you are only hypothesising about a strategy and are then maybe 60secs away from trying an idea again - if you fail - then that is a lot about confidence, but the stuff in the video is all pretty easy once the timing is explained and it is broken down into basic moves. There's not a lot you can get wrong if you use the d-pad at first.

As said previously, the part at 73secs is probably an exception to that, and even now I'd struggle to do that part 10/10 times (after a practice). What you can do to build confidence is to count when you've did 3 jumps (so you are on the first block of the 4th - different coloured – step).

At this point, just jump back to the far left side of the previous step(the 3rd step); run half way across the step and jump up to 4th step again. If you then jump back down again and run again, you will eventually get your timing so that you can run the full width of the 3rd step and gain enough speed (and be at the correct timing) to leap on the second block of the 4th step in one jump.

You would then be faced with the same problem again, when you jump on to the lower block of step 5, but now you are between two steps that are made of two blocks. So you'd just jump back and forth between the top block of step four and the lower block of step five, until the timing was right to run the full width of the top block of the fourth step 4. The confidence comes from staying alive for a longer period on a difficult section, even if you don't feel like you actually got any further when you fail.

In that part of the video, the most important aspect of the strategy is seeing where the feet of mario lands on each block; typical you want to land nearer the beginning of a block to have more space to run to pickup speed before you jump to the next block.
  • Pinky_Floyd 10 Aug 2014 15:33:15 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Boss Blitz is a pain simply because of the time allocated.  I can get to the last boss but dont have enough time to take him out.

Its the first time in the whole game where I feel cheated.
  • Raiko101 10 Aug 2014 15:42:40 6,173 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are strategies for killing each boss pretty quickly, however its a pain to pull off without losing a life.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Pinky_Floyd 10 Aug 2014 19:17:06 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Managed to do it. Have still some stars and stamps to collect from flower world though every other world is 100% complete.

To be honest, Champions Road is for the super dedicated and elite, so not me basically. I could bow out with the following stats and be happy :)

319 stars
    76 stamps
    428 retries
    Total time played: 25:53
    No. Times Played: 35

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 19:18:40 10-08-2014
  • Rhaegyr 10 Aug 2014 19:22:40 1,522 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I finally did Boss Blitz after a fair few tries and then missed the top of the flag :confused:

Edited by Rhaegyr at 20:07:39 10-08-2014
  • Pinky_Floyd 10 Aug 2014 19:34:47 7,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ouch!
  • Page

of 38 First / Last

Next