Best MTS to DVD burning software?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • SuperCoolEskimo 29 Apr 2013 13:09:14 9,779 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I need a program that can convert and burn MTS (HD video/audio) files onto a DVD-R, ideally to MPEG2. I don't mind paying as long as it isn't ridiculously expensive. I've looked at Pinnacle, Sony Vegas, Roxio etc but hopefully some EGers can recommend from previous experience.
  • DFawkes 29 Apr 2013 13:13:48 22,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This feels like it should be followed by spam, but not by an upstanding forumite like you, Eskimo. They've got you, haven't they? They've got you.

For what it's worth I liked Roxio when I used it. Seemed easy enough to use, but that was just for file back-up so I've no idea about any advanced functionality.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• SuperCoolEskimo 29 Apr 2013 14:00:52 9,779 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I'm not sure about Roxio on this kinda stuff, the reviews I've read have been a bit mixed. Apparently it and Nero aren't as good as they used to be.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 29 Apr 2013 19:45:23 9,779 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bump for the evening crowd...
  • superdelphinus 29 Apr 2013 20:01:19 8,049 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Handbrake?
  • crispyduckman 29 Apr 2013 20:19:57 1,856 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I used Adobe Premiere in the past and it was decent enough. It was expensive but it's now available subscription based with or without the rest of CS6, which may or may not appeal to you.

There's also a cheap Elements version and a bundle with Photoshop elements.

Personally, I'd stick with Premiere or Vegas whether you use the full fat or low fat versions. However, if it's literally just a conversion you're doing, there might even be some free tools you can use.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• SuperCoolEskimo 29 Apr 2013 21:10:58 9,779 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I downloaded something called Cuda file converter from CNET as it had very good reviews but it was very very slow converting MTS to AVI (took 10+ mins to convert 5% of a 1GB MTS video file). How fast are the ones you guys have mentioned? The better known names convert while burning the DVD don't they?
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next