• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • TOOTR 20 Apr 2013 08:18:29 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    LOL :)

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• TOOTR 20 Apr 2013 08:24:10 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    Are you sure your connection isn't dropping from the line/cable. Log into the router and check the uptime.

Try another Ethernet cable/port and try the wireless on the Xbox instead
    Thanks man - I might try the wireless route. Tried two different cables.

connection uptime is fine.

If the next xbox is supposed to be 'always on' they can go and do one.

• TOOTR 20 Apr 2013 08:25:28 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    Not your ISP throttling Live? When I was with Pipex and they were bought out by Tiscali some years back I kept getting dropped from Live, I phoned their support and replaced all of the microfilters and cables only to find they were dicking around with the connection at their end.

I also had regular disconnections a year or so back with my current provider, I found a factory reset of the router fixed things.
    Cheers dude.

Nah - ISP is fine as Mrs TOOTRS xbox is all singing and all dancing.

Have tried without a router so not that either.

• TOOTR 20 Apr 2013 08:27:57 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I tried disabling cloud storage (don't use it much anyway - turned it on more from curiosity). No effect.

Going to try deleting and downloading again my profile as per :

Sounds like the local profile is out of date or corrupted, and when an app or routine asks for data from it, it causes the involuntary disconnection. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:
    1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.
    2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).
    3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.
    4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.
    Delete profile from your console
    1) go to http://xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:
    2) Go to Settings - pick System - choose Storage - pick All Devices - choose Gamer Profiles
    3) pick the gamertag choose Delete, and pick Delete Profile Only.
    This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.
    Re-download
    1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button
    2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
    3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
    4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.
    4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parentís Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
    5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).
    6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
    7) Sign in, and retry.

Will let you all know.

Cos I'm sure the boston man hunt, Rolf Harris's accusations and the ongoing debate about Thatchers funeral are not grabbing your interest as keenly as my critical dilemma.

• Deleted user 20 April 2013 11:24:02
    The problem is that Live is a complete and utter bag of shite that disconnects repeatedly. Enjoy the fact that you have to pay for basic functionality that doesn't work properly and doesn't give you anything other than the ability to use your console.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Apr 2013 12:13:06 36,280 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can't remember the last time I got disconnected from Live without it being my 'net connection being at fault.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• killersrquiet 20 Apr 2013 13:13:46 1,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Does it still drop if the other Xbox is connected to live?

When it drops from live run through the test connection wizard on the console and see where it thinks the connection is dropping.

You will.need to try the wireless to confirm if the LAN connector on the Xbox is borked
  • Bremenacht 20 Apr 2013 13:15:26 15,753 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TOOTR Hey. So did you try logging on as yourself on Mrs TOOTR's xbox? If so, you didn't see the same problem?

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• TOOTR 20 Apr 2013 14:36:54 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah Brem - good point. I used my profile on a USB stick and it's stayed online on the missus's xbox for well over 2 hours without dropping.

Tis either my xbox lan port interface that has given up the ghost.

Will try it on wireless somepoint to rule that out.

Also....maybe disconnecting Kinect as a random move might improve? Maybe a new update is using Kinect to spy on me in my bundies. Those cold hearted fiends.

• Bremenacht 20 Apr 2013 15:30:42 15,753 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Could try hoovering around that LAN port or trying a different bit of cable (maybe pinch the cable from your Mrs' xbox).

No idea about Kinect. Worth a try though. You only know they've got you when the blackmail PMs start appearing.

• TOOTR 21 Apr 2013 16:30:31 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok disconnected Kinect AND it WORKED!! For all of 40 mins!

Now it's dropping out every 15 or 20 mins instead of 3-5.

Will try wireless when i find the adaptor.

• TOOTR 21 Apr 2013 18:18:04 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enfin! Le Success!

Wireless works fine. \o/ Down with LAN ports - they are harbingers of doom!

Forgotten how much content there is in Trials Evolution - it is 'kin awesome.

• DFawkes 21 Apr 2013 19:45:42 22,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yay! I was beginning to thing there was some kind of revolution happening and it was going for Live first. A Revolution where electronics stop working, like in that TV show. I think it's called Gilmore Girls.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Lamb 21 Apr 2013 19:48:39 467 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Turn off all the electronics and wall sockets and attend to that dust.
  • chrismcphee 13 May 2013 21:13:00 1 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @TOOTR I have had the same problem!
    try going on the xbox and do:

settings - system settings - network settings - click the wireless u use -
    configure network - along to aditional settings - restore to factory defaults - then just put ur pasword back in and it might work for ya
    :) hope this helps!

see ya!
  • Bremenacht 13 May 2013 21:31:55 15,753 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    !!

TOOTR sorted \o/

• john_clarke 20 Jan 2014 22:42:18 1 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    what i did to cure my xbox kicking me off every 10 mins
    first of all i wired my xbox to the router
    then i set it up in the de-militarized zone or DMZ in the setting of my router
    set your xbox ip address as static (i used static ..and then auto my router seems to give the xbox the same number all the time)but static ip is recommended
    then make sure the same ip is entered in the DMZ ip address ..this puts your xbox outside any firewall and port settings
    basically a direct line to the internet

hope this helps as i now enjoy 5 hours of GTA 5 with no interruptions.. umm exept food and sleep

john

Edited by john_clarke at 22:44:14 20-01-2014
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next