iOS 7 Page 3

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• RichieTenenbaum 3 Apr 2013 21:08:27 2,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Personally I think iOS is just mature. There's not much more they can add to it at this point. I really think it's just about perfect for light day to day use.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 21:20:40
    Yay you're back!

This was not meant to sound so insincere!

Edited by mowgli at 11:05:59 04-04-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 21:24:37 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 21:25:07 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Any other S3 owners recognise the shitness?

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 21:25:43
    My Note slows to a crawl at the slightest thing, closing all apps does nothing.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 21:28:51
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Andrew Clark sounds like a right pikey.
  • Tonka 3 Apr 2013 21:34:20 20,010 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    Personally I think iOS is just mature. There's not much more they can add to it at this point. I really think it's just about perfect for light day to day use.
    I agree with all of that.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• CharlieStCloud 3 Apr 2013 21:40:02 5,042 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Yup ... until I used a Nexus 4.

It is genuinely buttery smooth, even more so than iOS on my iPad or everyone's iPhone.

The problem you are having ecosse is that TouchWiz is truly awful and doesn't represent Android the way it should be ... and that is Samsung's undoing.

iOS 7 is going to have to be a small revelation of sorts for me to drift away from the Apple ecosystem, as good as it is. They will always be a hardware company first, software a distance second. The likes of Windows 8 and the whole Google chrome-book OS is a lot fresher and more pleasing to the eye ...

... and that's what Apple needs to kick themselves up their arse with.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 21:42:32 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Yup ... until I used a Nexus 4.

It is genuinely buttery smooth, even more so than iOS on my iPad or everyone's iPhone.

The problem you are having ecosse is that TouchWiz is truly awful and doesn't represent Android the way it should be ... and that is Samsung's undoing.

iOS 7 is going to have to be a small revelation of sorts for me to drift away from the Apple ecosystem, as good as it is. They will always be a hardware company first, software a distance second. The likes of Windows 8 and the whole Google chrome-book OS is a lot fresher and more pleasing to the eye ...

... and that's what Apple needs to kick themselves up their arse with.
    I might have another go at rooting it and putting a stock 4.2.2 ROM on the piece of shit, it's such a pain in the arse.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Apr 2013 21:49:58 37,316 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that looks nothing like my Android experience. But that's probably Android's downfall in general - each manufacturer can put their own touch to it, and like pre-build PCs they can't resist throwing a load of shit software on it that only serves to slow it down.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• CharlieStCloud 3 Apr 2013 21:52:08 5,042 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I might have another go at rooting it and putting a stock 4.2.2 ROM on the piece of shit, it's such a pain in the arse.
    Although I recall you saying you cannot wait to go back to owning/using an iPhone, why don't you sell 'the piece of shit' and try a Nexus 4? Forgive me for saying this, but you are not exactly hard up either, are you?

The Galaxy S III has to be the most overrated phone on Earth.

People are already flocking to queue up for the follow up when the likes of Xperia Z, HTC One and the five months old Nexus 4 are as good, if not better than the Galaxy S IV ... their marketing works, I'll give them that!
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 21:53:32 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Yeah, that looks nothing like my Android experience. But that's probably Android's downfall in general - each manufacturer can put their own touch to it, and like pre-build PCs they can't resist throwing a load of shit software on it that only serves to slow it down.
    You can see why I'm so pissed off with it, the sluggishness is hardly the end of the world but makes it massively frustrating to use. Time to root.
    Can anyone recommend a solid, fast 4.2.2 ROM to download and install?

• cubbymoore 3 Apr 2013 21:56:24 36,468 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yay, an eccosse hijacked thread. Again.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 21:57:44 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Although I recall you saying you cannot wait to go back to owning/using an iPhone, why don't you sell 'the piece of shit' and try a Nexus 4? Forgive me for saying this, but you are not exactly hard up either, are you?

The Galaxy S III has to be the most overrated phone on Earth.

People are already flocking to queue up for the follow up when the likes of Xperia Z, HTC One and the five months old Nexus 4 are as good, if not better than the Galaxy S IV ... their marketing works, I'll give them that!
    I'm under contract till October and the Nexus 4 is of no interest as it only has a max of 16GB.

• CharlieStCloud 3 Apr 2013 22:00:58 5,042 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I'm under contract till October and the Nexus 4 is of no interest as it only has a max of 16GB.
    Fair dos.

The whole cloud implementation does wonders for my brothers 16GB Nexus 4, but hey-ho, you cannot please everybody.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 22:12:38 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Fair dos.

The whole cloud implementation does wonders for my brothers 16GB Nexus 4, but hey-ho, you cannot please everybody.
    It looks like a nice phone, it isn't available in Switzerland anyway.

• MrDigital 3 Apr 2013 23:09:57 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You can see why I'm so pissed off with it, the sluggishness is hardly the end of the world but makes it massively frustrating to use. Time to root.
    Can anyone recommend a solid, fast 4.2.2 ROM to download and install?
    With the S3 you can root by simply installing and using an app :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

CyanogenMod 10 all the way. Do a bit of research and you'll see why it is the defacto replacement Android Rom. It doesn't do anything silly, it just installs as close to vanilla Android as you want, and gives you extra power over the phone.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 23:11:15
    Is it possible to get just vanilla Android? Hate all this imitation Bullocks.
  • MrDigital 3 Apr 2013 23:21:17 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Is it possible to get just vanilla Android? Hate all this imitation Bullocks.
    CM is basically vanilla, but I think you still need some sort of "distro". I think this is because of the fact that Android runs on thousands of devices, so it still needs to be compiled and prepared for that phone specifically, and in the process things will change to suit the phone

Could be wrong though.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 01:39:12
    That runs like no version of Android I've had on my S3, even the shitty stock TouchWiz Samsung had on there. My guess is he has some crap installed.
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 02:31:32
    For the record I'm using SuperNexus which as close to stock Android as you're gonna get.

Edited by Boab at 02:37:18 04-04-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Apr 2013 07:55:09 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    That runs like no version of Android I've had on my S3, even the shitty stock TouchWiz Samsung had on there. My guess is he has some crap installed.
    Since I bought it it's like that, I just installed 2 different ROMs, all the same.
    That one is a Vodafone stock ROM.

• Dougs 4 Apr 2013 07:59:55 66,637 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    For the record I'm using SuperNexus which as close to stock Android as you're gonna get.
    Cheers, might give that a go as an alternative. Build 5 is the latest, yeah?
  • dominalien 4 Apr 2013 08:03:39 6,829 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And here I was, complaining my iPhone 4 was slow on iOS 6 compared to a friend's 4S.

To be fair, Apple have made their share of mistakes with new iOS versions, too. The one I remember most vividly was iOS 4 on my iPhone 3G. Now that made it almost unusable. OTOH, I sold it to a friend and she's happily using it to this day. Horses for courses.

PSN: DonOsito

• Tonka 4 Apr 2013 08:07:14 20,010 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's sad that the biggest problem with Android isn't Android but Samsung. Or HTC or SONY.

Shame really since I quite like the look of the Experia Z and the new HTC One.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Xerx3s 4 Apr 2013 08:44:58 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Boab wrote:
    Since I bought it it's like that, I just installed 2 different ROMs, all the same.
    Maybe you have a faulty device? I've played with several stock/cymo S3's and they are nowhere near as crap as that. Still, not as slick as my N4 though.
  • dominalien 4 Apr 2013 08:52:08 6,829 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The slowness may be down to several factors, like time since boot. A freshly started device may be much faster than one last rebooted many days ago and heavily used in the mean time.

PSN: DonOsito

• kalel 4 Apr 2013 08:53:15 86,327 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    It's sad that the biggest problem with Android isn't Android but Samsung. Or HTC or SONY.
    But of course. This is the whole crux of the difference. With Apple, software and hardware will always be in harmony as they are designed around each other, but with that you lose flexibility.

The problems and benefits of either platform are intrinsically related. But it's good as it gives us choice.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Apr 2013 09:02:34 10,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Boab wrote:
    Maybe you have a faulty device? I've played with several stock/cymo S3's and they are nowhere near as crap as that. Still, not as slick as my N4 though.
    Well my plan was to get it back to stock and take it back but I have so far been unable to get a "Swisscom" ROM to put on it.

• nickthegun 4 Apr 2013 09:21:49 58,782 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    But of course. This is the whole crux of the difference. With Apple, software and hardware will always be in harmony as they are designed around each other, but with that you lose flexibility.

The problems and benefits of either platform are intrinsically related. But it's good as it gives us choice.
    This is the problem for me. 10 years ago I would have been all over Android like a rash.

The old man in me, however, cba to piss about rooting, putting custom OS's on, installing programs to stop my battery getting shafted and everything else techy people love, which is why I think im having such a bad experience. I just cant be arsed to look into the fixes for the problems im having because I dont think I should have to.

As far as a phone is concerned, I like being told what to do. The walled garden works for me and ensures all I have to do is restart the phone every so often.

It was nice to see the other side of the fence, but im 100% going back to apple after this contract has run out.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 25 First / Last