Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain Page 192

• Page

of 193 First / Last

• samharper 25 Apr 2017 20:10:06 905 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, if you don't agree you're disrespectful?
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 20:12:44 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @samharper I'm not an occasional poster like you said, I read and comment here a lot and I would comment more if people were more open to having a discussion instead of throwing rubbish and talking about mothers and beds.

About his abilities, I already said it's an example. I don't mean that he is the best of the whole game, how can I know if there are hundreds of men? I only use them when I need to create a device or expand anything, I am more focused on the campaign, honestly.

My opinion is what it is, I know that some people won't agree but some will, I think. If nobody here agrees then I'm happy to hear why they think and I will respect their opinions as I expect them to respect mine. I like the game and I can have a discussion about it. This is a forum.
  • Jeepers 25 Apr 2017 20:15:43 16,427 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The problem that I think you're missing is that nobody gives a shit about what some hormone-addled Peabody thinks about the game.

Except maybe your Mum.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 20:18:07 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jeepers The problem is that nobody cares what you think everybody's opinion is as you don't have a clue. Perhaps you are the one that should go to his Mum and stop pestering. Because nobody needs you trolling here, seriously. You are zero value here.
  • Jeepers 25 Apr 2017 20:31:50 16,427 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's really hurtful. I'm going to report you to a mod. You're in SO much trouble.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 20:33:39 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @samharper I am not the one being disrespectful, Jeepers is. I think you didn't get my point and told me I was trolling when I was not. If you want we can discuss about the game so the thread recovers its meaning of discussing the game. It's up to you.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 20:34:30 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jeepers You are the one trolling me since the beginning.
  • Jeepers 25 Apr 2017 20:34:59 16,427 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Too late. The mods know all about your mean words.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 20:37:44 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jeepers I also reported you and you are the one to blame here.
  • Jeepers 25 Apr 2017 20:38:31 16,427 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I told the mods to expect that. They know your game. They blame you.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 20:41:12 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jeepers What game? You are the one that is doing all the flamming.
  • Jeepers 25 Apr 2017 20:49:22 16,427 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You know very well what game. And all the flamming has come from you. Flamming and mean words.

I expect the mods will ban you soon.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 20:53:27 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jeepers I expect them to ban the one that talked about my mother and my bed and ruined the thread. What mean words? Stupid? Have you read what you have told me?

Edited by VanillaLake at 20:56:51 25-04-2017
  • Jeepers 25 Apr 2017 20:57:08 16,427 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That was in self defence! Your flamming was so hurtful I reacted and talked about your Mum and your bed and your fish fingers! You are a flamming troll.
  • Jeepers 25 Apr 2017 20:58:06 16,427 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And now you have ruined this thread with your words and deeds.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 21:01:27 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jeepers You were (and are) deliberately trolling.
  • samharper 25 Apr 2017 21:34:48 905 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @VanillaLake
    I'm not an occasional poster like you said,
    That's my signature you silly.
  • VanillaLake 25 Apr 2017 21:37:53 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @samharper Thanks for your unnecessary insult.
  • samharper 25 Apr 2017 22:00:58 905 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You feel it too, don't you?

The comrades I've lost.

It never stops hurting.

We'll make them give us back our past.

All for revenge.
  • wuntyphyve 25 Apr 2017 23:19:45 9,632 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shit i need to get back to playing this. Its been a while since I held a gun. Can't even remember where I was. Think I just unlocked Boobs McNorkface as a buddy. Think I prefer the dog though. More useful to sniff out bad guys.

Since we are on the subject of fish fingers, how come they never crisp up right when I make them? They either go limp or burst open. Every single time.
  • Zippity-zap 26 Apr 2017 02:47:23 232 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I actually agree with VanillaLake about the writing in this game. The game play is really cool, but the writing is so poor that it's a mercy that most cutscenes are skippable. For fuck's sake, just let me get into the mission, Kojima, without this misbegotten drivel.

Seriously, the writing is fucking terrible. It's indefensible. It works neither as cheese, nor as satire. Cringeworthy. Wince-inducing. Some of the worst writing to ever feature in a video game. It's bad, bad, bad.

But the core game play is great, and that's what keeps me coming back.
  • VanillaLake 26 Apr 2017 03:10:46 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Zippity-zap My feelings exactly, happy to see I'm not alone here. The gameplay and programming is the only great thing about it.
  • samharper 26 Apr 2017 04:26:08 905 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought the writing in chapter 1 ranged from nice and cheesy (Skullface) to weird/poor (Code Talker, Wolbachia, Male to female etc.) but chapter 2 from a writing perspective was great. Did a good job tying everything together. The tapes in particular are generally excellent.

My main issue with the game is the pacing if the missions, there's a lot of unnecessary stuff involved with the main story which just takes far too long to do. The helicopter ride before commencing the mission every time is a pain in the ass.

Conversely, I actually wish there were more cutscenes in this. Too much is left to the tapes. Every time there was a cutscene I was completely captivated.
  • 2old4disshit 2 May 2017 12:07:18 475 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The base and menus are baffling. What happened to just selecting a level and being able to play it?

No idea what I'm doing with the staff at the base. I just press auto assign every time theres someone new. Cant seem to be able to send anybody on missions, it says I have insufficient staff.
  • LionheartDJH 27 Sep 2017 21:59:32 19,782 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had a really good crack at finishing this a couple of months ago as it's been on my 'to complete' list for ages. Kept getting put off by the length and sheer size of it with all the different systems etc., but once I put some proper time into it I really enjoyed it.

Got to the beginning of Chapter 2, and now faced with doing the repeats of previous missions to advance the (wafer thin)'story'. At this stage I've left it for a bit to play some other games but want to return to it at some point.

To those who have completed it, is it worth spending the time doing this to see the ending? After seeing the trailer that plays after mission 32 I was really hyped but then disappointed to read that Kojima had to wrap the game up quickly and that it's not anything like how it should have been./spoiler]
  • FrostPan 27 Sep 2017 22:57:07 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @LionheartDJH

You actually don't need to play the repeat missions at all. You would need to listen to all the tapes that are in yellow and then can instead play some side ops missions to pass the time. Chapter 2 missions will then soon be unlocked. It shouldn't take long.

And yes, it's worth getting the true ending. Even it doesn't tie up some glaring loose ends, I still really liked how it ended.
  • the_milkybar_kid 28 Sep 2017 05:54:49 6,162 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you're done with it gameplay-wise, If just YouTube the ending and tapes. I felt it completely fell apart in chapter 2. I say that as a big MGS fan. Still found it fun to play at that point but the story is absolute bobbins.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 05:55:37 28-09-2017
  • pacrifice 28 Sep 2017 10:37:32 4,214 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It was the fricking medic! We were the medic the whole time.

I just wanna play a new game either as big boss or solid snake and not so old that they have to keep rubbing lotion on their backs.

I don't want to see the director's name a thousand times. And I want our hero to talk - not on cassettes!
  • Page

of 193 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.