EG Diplomacy game Page 26

• Page

of 31 First / Last

• jonharrispro 21 May 2013 14:14:58 448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @AcidSnake
    cheers bud, am watching it now, not that i have a bloody clue whats going on!
  • spamdangled 21 May 2013 14:19:49 27,276 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I missed one turn due to being ill and sleeping through an entire day, unfortunately. When I came back, I'd been knocked down to one dude and everyone was blaming me for not sticking to the plan :(

Feel free to pick Russia apart, if you haven't already done so!

Could I recommend maybe setting a more generous time limit for turns in a future game? It can actually feel a bit pressured sometimes, particuarly if you have a really busy day, something comes up and you have to go to a social engagement etc, illness, blah blah blah.

Or is there a mechanism where we can ask for turn extensions as needed and have them voted for?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• jonharrispro 21 May 2013 14:21:24 448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Watching the Intro Videos to get to grips with things. Apparently we can exchange 'Marital Favours' for tactical gains.............SOLD!
  • AcidSnake 21 May 2013 14:25:51 7,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jonharrispro:
    Not sure if viewing a game lets you, but there should be an "order history" button...That will show you the various moves that have been made...
    The real meat of the game is the communication between the players and the backstabbing which is private though...

This phase is orders, so we get to move our units around the map...
    By arranging strategies with other players you can crush any player that's left by himself (though how fast remains to be seen)...But seeing as all moves are executed simultaneously a backstab at any point can cost people dearly...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Salaman 21 May 2013 14:30:16 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonharrispro wrote:
    @AcidSnake
    cheers bud, am watching it now, not that i have a bloody clue whats going on!
    Check the order history to see how things have progressed from the initial phase to where everyone is at now.

DM, are you playing from your home PC only?
    I found 24hrs to be quite a decent deadline for checking what happened (on the go usually), sending out a few messages (preferably from the PC but sometime from my phone) and giving orders (usually on the go).

If you've gone through discussions and negotiations quite quickly, a day is OK to wait but much longer than that would suck.
  • andytheadequate 21 May 2013 14:30:20 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I missed one turn due to being ill and sleeping through an entire day, unfortunately. When I came back, I'd been knocked down to one dude and everyone was blaming me for not sticking to the plan :(

Feel free to pick Russia apart, if you haven't already done so!

Could I recommend maybe setting a more generous time limit for turns in a future game? It can actually feel a bit pressured sometimes, particuarly if you have a really busy day, something comes up and you have to go to a social engagement etc, illness, blah blah blah.

Or is there a mechanism where we can ask for turn extensions as needed and have them voted for?
    I know what you mean. Over the weekend I didn't get chance to go on very much, made a few rushed moves/negotiations, then was harrassed for the next 2 days for my bad choice of orders! I think 24 hours is fine in most cases, but asking for an extension would be a good feature.

@Salaman - it is looking that way, but the only victor from that would be an unstoppable Turkey, so I hope people see sense! I think my only role at the moment is to try and hold up the Turkish juggernaut.
  • jonharrispro 21 May 2013 14:32:12 448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cool,
    I can see the orders history.........no fucking clue what's going on. Gonna get my ass handed to me but i'm up for having a go!
  • andytheadequate 21 May 2013 14:32:34 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @jonharrispro - I think you can join public games if you want to try that? Might also be worth asking if any one on here fancies creating an EG game (you need 7 in total). I think I'm a bit burned out on it at the moment, so I will need a break after this game.
  • jonharrispro 21 May 2013 14:34:58 448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BOOOOO!
  • andytheadequate 21 May 2013 15:18:01 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd be willing to act as an advisor for you though, but obviously I can't also be included in the game otherwise I'd give you duff advice :)
  • fillip 21 May 2013 16:54:03 890 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    I was Italy. Then Andytheadequate happened.
    Friend to all my ass!
    :-)

Don't trust that guy. Nor Fillip (France) nor any of the others really. ;-)
    If it helps, I didn't really help me...
    And you back stabbed me in year 1 Salaman! I just fought back.
  • jonharrispro 22 May 2013 09:42:02 448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @andytheadequate
    Sounds like a plan!
  • Salaman 22 May 2013 09:52:49 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fillip wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    I was Italy. Then Andytheadequate happened.
    Friend to all my ass!
    :-)

Don't trust that guy. Nor Fillip (France) nor any of the others really. ;-)
    If it helps, I didn't really help me...
    And you back stabbed me in year 1 Salaman! I just fought back.
    So the overall advice is sound. Don't trust anyone.
  • andytheadequate 22 May 2013 10:00:27 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Except me.

Andy of the Austrians, friend to all
  • Alastair 22 May 2013 10:04:44 15,561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And me (should I play again)
    Alastair formerly of the Austrians, true friend to all

Not as nice as I used to be

• andytheadequate 22 May 2013 10:19:27 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    And me (should I play again)
    Alastair formerly of the Austrians, true friend to all
    I'm not convinced it works, everyone seems to hate me...
  • Alastair 22 May 2013 13:16:02 15,561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You need the 'Alastair Flair'!

Not as nice as I used to be

• Salaman 22 May 2013 19:55:46 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can someone explain to me what happened at the Ionian sea last turn?
    I initially thought they simply bounced but then I noticed Naples was supposed to support Adriatic sea. It says "supported unit failed ".
    Tunis had France's support, so is it just a case of both units having one support each and it all cancelling each other out? Makes sense now that I think of it but the wording "supported unit failed" threw me a bit.
  • fillip 22 May 2013 21:50:54 890 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Salaman That's pretty much it. The wording is a bit strange but also there is no support arrow on the order history. Not sure if it is a quirk or the way things are handled.

Edited by fillip at 21:52:23 22-05-2013
  • andytheadequate 24 May 2013 01:31:12 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I honestly think that the current turn was one of the strangest I've seen. France was awfully clever with his negotiations, I have no idea how you convinced England not to finish you off (you looked utterly doomed), but fair play to you. The move into Tyrolia was clever too.

How did Turkey convince Britain not to attack him?

It's almost like everyone wants Turkey to win...
  • fillip 24 May 2013 08:56:59 890 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've not been clever at all.

I'm willing to spill the beans in the post match analysis but I have found this a deeply frustrating game.

I think you're right about Turkey having it in the bag but there is little that I can do about it. Every time I set out to tackle something long term I get stabbed in the back for a short term gain by an ally.

It's like people think that you have to stab. Every. Single. Turn.

It's frustrating but I like the fact that 'just a game' can make me mad.

Edited by fillip at 08:57:45 24-05-2013
  • Salaman 24 May 2013 09:02:51 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /stabs fillip
  • AcidSnake 24 May 2013 09:05:20 7,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At least I haven't stabbed anyone yet...(And quite probably won't have the chance)...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• fillip 28 May 2013 10:22:15 890 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The game so far.

Up to Spring 1907
  • andytheadequate 28 May 2013 10:29:10 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My problem this game is that I've had no long term plan, so all my decisions have been based on the upcoming year only. Not an ideal situation really. My aim now is to see how long I can survive...

Edited by andytheadequate at 10:32:03 28-05-2013
  • Salaman 29 May 2013 14:59:30 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love how it's lurched into a very different direction in the last 2 or 3 turns.

When I was pushed out by two face Andy (friend to all, of course) I thought Germany Austria and Turkey were going to carve up the map between them with England and France up next for execution.

England and France are bouncing back impressively. Looks like England and France will be left to try and hold back the Turkish hordes soon.
  • AcidSnake 29 May 2013 15:07:05 7,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can say I'm not a fan of substituting someone who had doublecrossed everyone in reach...
    I'm just hoping that Turkey will avenge my empire's ruin!

• fillip 29 May 2013 15:19:04 890 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I felt sorry for you subbing, AcidSnake. The wheels had already been set in motion but its difficult to say 'Hi new player, I'm France and intent on wiping you out for stabbing me'.

And now that you're nearly gone I haven't got the satisfaction of revenge either as your not the guy who stabbed me in the first place.

I feel empty.

I think you settled on a different goal - delay the advance so that the countries who opposed you don't win. And I have to say, I think that you have probably done enough.

Edited by fillip at 15:22:32 29-05-2013
  • AcidSnake 29 May 2013 15:32:33 7,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be fair though you quite openly stated we were at war when I started my first round of messages, which I respect...

I honestly hoped to last a bit longer, but now it's all about clinging on to whatever land I can...Not that it'll last much longer... :)

• andytheadequate 29 May 2013 15:35:11 8,108 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Germany's big problem was his refusal to build a second fleet. It meant England could do what he wanted. Halso got cocky and tried to expand too quick rather than play more defensively e.g. He lost Belgium as he tried to attack Paris with just one unit. I was buggered as I'd thrown my lot in with him.

I think France and England have done enough to stop the Turkish assault, but I can't see you rolling him back so a draw looks likely
  • Page

of 31 First / Last