Led Zeppelin or The Beatles? Page 8

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Deleted user 11 March 2013 11:11:21
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Hahahahahahahaha! What the fuck are you writing like?
    Wut cha mean bruh? Ya not know me gangsta? Wha gwan? Ya feel me?
  • Deleted user 11 March 2013 11:13:49
    nickthegun wrote:
    It genuinely made me lol at the thought of revan sticking a clipse cd on at an NCT morning.

Shall I stick some music on?
    Yes, something relaxing, the kids didnt sleep well last night
    OK
    *Grin-din', when you know what I keep in a lining
    Niggas better stay in line, when
    When you see a nigga like me shinin' *
    Ha, that made me lol too. They already think I'm mad because my girls favourite bands are the black keys and led.zeppelin. One wants to play like Bonham.
  • jonsaan 11 Mar 2013 11:14:04 25,341 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have spent much of my life working in and surrounded by music, not as much as I'd like, but probably more so than most. Does this qualify me to comment more than anyone else? No. But I'll have a stab anyway:)

There are no rules. No right and wrong. It's all just opinions, and different songs paint different pictures for different minds. You can't deconstruct it. Just enjoy yourself.

Making a piece of music which resonates with people other than the creator(s) is no mean feat. Regardless of supposed genre.

This thread could be any two bands. It would be the same argument.

FCUTA!

• warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 11:19:32 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Time for some pop music.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 11 March 2013 11:22:39
    Anyway. Tonight on.sky arts...led zeppelin baby led "the greatest band in the history of the universe*" zeppelin 5pm.

* jack black 2012. Yes, even better than the D.
  • Deleted user 11 March 2013 11:25:07
    Where my Gs at?
  • warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 11:30:24 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Where my Gs at?
    Between the F and the H.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Mr_Sleep 11 Mar 2013 11:37:31 16,928 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Time for some pop music.
    It is something I will never really understand. It always just makes me laugh. I'm sure death metal is very serious but I just don't understand it. I once worked with a band who did this music and I have respect for their musicianship and they worked hard but when I hear the music in isolation I just cannot take it seriously.

You are a factory of sadness.

• warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 11:49:54 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You'd think it was serious and meant to be taken seriously... but it really isn't. Sure, some Death Metal bands see it as serious business (tm) but for the most part it really isn't serious.

This is a song called Equine Phallic Impalement ffs with one vocalist listed as doing "wees and beeps"... which is actually what he's doing.

The music is serious, but they don't take it seriously - if you know what I mean.
    They wanna play technical music but they also want to do have a laugh.

Wee wee wee a beep beep a beep, wee weewee wee a beep beep a beep. Beep beep a beep a wee beep a beep, wee weewee wee a beep beep a beep.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• FuzzyDuck 11 Mar 2013 12:28:06 4,009 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Generally pop is gash though. If you classed pop as the top 40, generally 30 of the 40 are terrible commercially produced garbage.
    90% of everything you have mentioned in the hip-hop thread falls into this category.
    Haven't I spoke on clipse, NAS, ghostface, styles p etc? Yeah, they real commercial like flo Rida and 50 cent. / Rolls eyes as always at a nickthegun post.
    Again, it baffles me how oblivious you are to how very commercial and pop oriented your taste in Hip Hop is.

Didn't Clipse feature on the first Justin Timberlake song? Nas went pop years ago, Ghostface has done his fair share of crossover and Loxx had their roots in pure commercial pop hip hop.

You love pop music, you just don't realise it.
    Nail on head.

That's all commercial stuff. Of all the genres of music, I really don't like hip hop, but still know exactly who these are. Why? Because they're commercial as hell, pure and simple.

As for death metal, it's possibly my fave genre of music. I like it for the tones, the aggression and the level skill of the playing. When consider the vocalist's role to be rhythmic one, it all makes a lot more sense. And it is entirely silly :D
  • warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 12:32:00 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What he said ^^ - it's mostly rhythmic. That's why some bands don't even bother with lyrics. :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 11 March 2013 12:32:03
    Bullshit.
  • warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 12:33:53 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Says the girl with the Sugababes profile pic.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 11 March 2013 12:35:43
    :) sugababes rule!

The irony.
  • FuzzyDuck 11 Mar 2013 12:49:56 4,009 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Bullshit.
    Gonna need more than a single word to convince me otherwise!
  • Trafford 11 Mar 2013 13:35:48 5,723 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was listening to The White Album the other day. It came to me that it was an amazing selection of 20th century pop.
    The sheer variety on display, I'd take that any day over the Cock Rock and a couple of Folky numbers.
  • Chopsen 11 Mar 2013 14:00:20 15,834 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Wee wee wee a beep beep a beep, wee weewee wee a beep beep a beep. Beep beep a beep a wee beep a beep, wee weewee wee a beep beep a beep.
    Deep, man.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Mar 2013 14:08:12 16,928 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I like it for the tones, the aggression and the level skill of the playing.
    You should give free jazz a go!

• kalel 11 Mar 2013 14:10:03 86,813 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a very odd album, undoubtably badly effected by John and Paul hating each other, to the extent where John purposely put some shit songs on there to annoy Paul.

But there's a lot of good there too. Will always be not quite the album is could have been, but still well worth owning.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Mar 2013 14:10:22 16,928 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    You'd think it was serious and meant to be taken seriously... but it really isn't. Sure, some Death Metal bands see it as serious business (tm) but for the most part it really isn't serious.
    Didn't one lead singer of a death metal band kill his band mates and set fire to a church or something?

I guess I just don't get the point of it, it may have been a novel artistic statement some time ago but now it just seems a bit silly.

• warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 14:11:12 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't James Murphy (from various Death Metal bands) do a Jazz album? From what I recall it was quite well received and a bit nuts though I can't remember what it sounded like. To the Spotifies!

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Maturin 11 Mar 2013 14:13:43 2,937 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    warlockuk wrote:
    Didn't one lead singer of a death metal band kill his band mates and set fire to a church or something?

I guess I just don't get the point of it, it may have been a novel artistic statement some time ago but now it just seems a bit silly.
    I believe you're mixing up death metal with the Norwegian black metal scene of the early 90s. Norwegian black metal and Swedish death metal shouldn't be confused, unless you want to annoy Scandinavian fans (which you might, because it's fun).
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Mar 2013 14:14:48 16,928 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, that sounds about right, I probably am mixing them up.

• warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 14:19:29 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, that'd be 1990s black metal. Bunch of Norwegians got pissed off at Christianity in their country (some banging on about the older Norse Gods), decided to burn a load of churches down as they're made out of wood and marshmallows won't toast themselves.

Then there's a bit of bitching and infighting, someone gets stabbed and folks end up in the slammer.

Nowadays black metal doesn't really have any involvement with murder or arson but they're still mostly pissed at people's imaginary friends. Except Immortal; Immortal love singing about snow.

Snow is like Jeremy Kyle or some shit to Norwegians.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Maturin 11 Mar 2013 14:24:54 2,937 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah Immortal. They certainly do like songs about being lost and dying of hypothermia in snowy forests. :)

Very atmospheric though.

Moonsorrow are even more into that kind of thing.

Edited by Maturin at 14:28:33 11-03-2013
  • warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 14:29:39 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Ah Immortal. They certainly do like songs about being lost and dying of hypothermia in snowy forests. :)

Very atmospheric though.

Moonsorrow are even more into that kind of thing.

Time for a fleece, here come Immortal!

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• nickthegun 11 Mar 2013 14:32:06 59,367 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    While I do think its the worst kind of shit, I do absolutely admire people who can play that fast for more than ten seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• warlockuk 11 Mar 2013 14:35:46 19,142 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah. There are some people who can play retardedly fast - but about 50% of them can't write a song to save their lives. There's a lot of shit in any genre of music, to be totally fair.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Page

of 9 First / Last