So I need someone with better google skills than me...

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • RyanDS 3 Mar 2013 18:09:21 9,593 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As I have mentioned occasionally my wife and I are going through IVf. and we are in a bit of a pickle.

After 3 definite "this has failed" apparently we may still be in with a slight chance.

To sum up how it should be:

Post implant around day 10 the blood levels of HCG should be around 25. Then every 2 days these should then double, so day 14 should be 100, and so on, until it reaches 300,000 or so.

Ours at day 10 were 6. So no pregnancy. But then day 12 were 14. And day 15 are 39. So on the curve we are progessing perfect. However the curve has started late. Now my clinic is telling me that there is a slight chance, but not to hold out hope as it is really low, but they can't tell me what the options are.

So what I want is a single fucking google search that shows someone with out situation. Essentially "HCG started slow, but progressing normally." But I am fucked if I can do so. Every search I get relates to the rate of increase, not to the date that a (normal) increase starts.

Anyone able to help? Basically I am just trying to find out where we are and the stress it fucking killing me.
  • mrpon 3 Mar 2013 18:19:22 29,202 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Presume you've seen this page?

Your number may just be low, and there's no way to know why. Remember the range in that table, above? There's a big range of acceptable values, and that means someone has to be at the low end. It could be you, and there is nothing unusual with your pregnancy. (I know of one woman whose first beta was 4. She has a three year old boy.)

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• OmniaVincitAmor 3 Mar 2013 18:23:21 1,557 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am of no help at all other than to say good luck and I really hope it happens for you.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• heyyo 3 Mar 2013 18:25:57 14,372 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll be an exponential curve which isn't sensitive to initial conditions because growth is so quick. Basically as long as the growth keeps on progressing from now you'll be fine.

edit: that link explains it in english

Edited by heyyo at 18:28:21 03-03-2013
  • Lamb 3 Mar 2013 18:36:07 474 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So why not just adopt. And with your lack of humility and crass words why do you want to be a parent anyway.

And you occassionaly do this, why not just consult a couple of doctors. Bullshit posts by bullshit people don't make the world a better place.
  • RyanDS 3 Mar 2013 18:41:35 9,593 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lamb wrote:
    So why not just adopt. And with your lack of humility and crass words why do you want to be a parent anyway.

And you occassionaly do this, why not just consult a couple of doctors. Bullshit posts by bullshit people don't make the world a better place.
    Humility? Not sure where that comes from. Adoption is a possibility but later if IVF fails. And crassness? What sort of cunt uses a word like crass?

I have spoken to the docs, but the docs tend to be very very vagey in these sort of things. They don't like giving any opinions at all. "Your results are XXX, we need to wait and see" and no matter how much you chase them they won't budge. Probably due to lawsuits etc. Hence I just want to do a bit of side research.
  • RyanDS 3 Mar 2013 18:43:00 9,593 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Presume you've seen this page?

Your number may just be low, and there's no way to know why. Remember the range in that table, above? There's a big range of acceptable values, and that means someone has to be at the low end. It could be you, and there is nothing unusual with your pregnancy. (I know of one woman whose first beta was 4. She has a three year old boy.)
    Cheers. I get the impression that it is low "because it is low." Would just be nice to figure out whether I should be hopeful or not at this point.
  • Lamb 3 Mar 2013 18:49:18 474 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I can't pretend to understand this, this is what I found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IVF

Success or failure factors
    The main potential factors that influence pregnancy (and live birth) rates in IVF have been suggested to be maternal age, duration of infertility or subfertility, bFSH and number of oocytes, all reflecting ovarian function.[17] Optimal woman’s age is 23–39 years at time of treatment.[1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_FSH#Measurement
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next