Urban Trial Freestyle - VITA - Leaderboard Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 12 September 2013 17:44:08
    Bumping this to add to the view that the 4/10 from EG was extra harsh. Yes, it's only an echo of what Trials did but it's still very decent and a ton of fun to play.
  • infoxicated 18 Sep 2013 13:53:09 1,098 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm quite enjoying this - didn't expect to at all, as I usually find these trial and error games too frustrating.

Not sure how often I'll stick it out, but the "just one more try" style reminds me of the BMX event in California Games, back on my Lynx. I think if this was Joe Danger it'd have a bit more charm, but as it stands it's a decent game for free on PSN+ - 4/10 seems very harsh.
  • FatSternKikwi 18 Sep 2013 15:37:24 553 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How many stars do you need for the last world to unlock? Dont think I can manage much more so was thinking of deleting it for space.
  • Flying_Pig 1 Oct 2013 20:22:19 10,897 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gave this a bash after getting frustrated with Killzone and am enjoying it quite a lot. I'm no pro - usually 3-4 stars - but it's decent fun and well worth the 0 I paid for it :)
  • cheeky_prawnking 1 Oct 2013 20:37:54 4,473 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It was the few pounds I paid. good fun
  • aros 4 Oct 2013 14:12:25 2,775 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tried this a few weeks after downloading a couple of weeks after it went free and was very pleasantly surprised.

I don't think I'll be replaying to max stars or push onto the final couple of worlds but what I have played I've really enjoyed - it's a LOT better than reviews had me thinking it would be. The collapsing environments were exciting and I would recommend this as a sale purchase even if it wasn't free.

Framerate didn't bother me at all and seemed stable although I may have imagined that was a problem with this game.

Glad it went free and would happily pay a couple of quid to unlock all levels if DLC was available so I was able to try them all without the time investment. It would have made a lot of financial sense for the team behind this to have that up before it went free as i reckon they could have made PS+ very profitable for them.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Oct 2013 17:02:39 10,897 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @aros - Agree. I now just need a few more stars unlock the final stages and have enjoyed it in the main, although it can be pretty frustrating at times.

I've had no technical issues whatsoever and I'd definitely rate it as a solid 7/10. Worth picking up cheap
  • Flying_Pig 4 Oct 2013 20:27:21 10,897 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All stages and challenges completed. That's me done. On to Limbo :)
  • infoxicated 21 Oct 2013 20:59:18 1,098 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really struggling with some of the last remaining stars in each environment.

The first one I've completed, but on the second environment on the Stormrider stunt level I just can't seem to earn enough points to get five stars. On my very best run I was 300 points short - I think I'm falling short on the rotation obstacle as that seems to be the only one I do where the rider guy doesn't comment on it.

Same deal with the Under Pressure stunt level from the third environment - I'm struggling to get three stars, so I'm well short there.

Anyone got any hints for those levels?
  • willvilliers 28 Feb 2014 00:37:54 1 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I really enjoyed this game too and agree that the 4/10 score from Eurogamer was harsh :evil: Completed the PS3 version to 100% and got all the money bags so hoping for some DLC additions.

My only criticism really are the bugs in the leaderboards. They were pointed out months ago on the official UTF forum but the developers have yet to fix them, and it doesn't look like they intend to either. Puts me off wanting to compete for world records when bugs in the game result in world record times like "0:-1" :-( That leaves me with nothing left to compete for, so what's the point in playing again?

Considering it only cost me 11.99 though I'm very happy with the purchase. Spent 50 on GTAV and was bored within a day or two but have played UTF for an hour or so each day for the last month and I'm craving more.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next