Sony Event (Spoiler free) Page 2

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

  • Phattso Moderator 20 Feb 2013 09:35:46 13,334 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You're not broadminded whatsoever, it's an event that only happens every 6-7 years.
    Let people enjoy their hobby FFS.
    I'm broadminded enough not to permaban you on sight for being, well, you. So that's something!

    Being spoon-fed press release content in real time isn't a hobby.

    Be excited for the announcement. Be excited about what's announced. But needing to actually watch it, at some later point and unspoiled, in realtime? Have. A fucking. Word.

    I don't even like my PS3 (almost felt relief when it finally died) but even I'm excited for the announcement. I'll be lapping up any info I can find on it in the morning. The thought of someone sitting there wanking themselves* into a realtime unspoilered frenzy fucking terrifies me.



    * wanking optional, and not the sole source of the terror
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 09:40:01 11,225 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You're not broadminded whatsoever, it's an event that only happens every 6-7 years.
    Let people enjoy their hobby FFS.
    I'm broadminded enough not to permaban you on sight for being, well, you. So that's something!

    Being spoon-fed press release content in real time isn't a hobby.

    Be excited for the announcement. Be excited about what's announced. But needing to actually watch it, at some later point and unspoiled, in realtime? Have. A fucking. Word.

    I don't even like my PS3 (almost felt relief when it finally died) but even I'm excited for the announcement. I'll be lapping up any info I can find on it in the morning. The thought of someone sitting there wanking themselves* into a realtime unspoilered frenzy fucking terrifies me.



    * wanking optional, and not the sole source of the terror
    Why don't you issue a pamphlet stating exactly what behaviour is and isn't acceptable when it comes to interest in new console announcements? It'll be "broad minded" of course, I mean, narrow minded would suggest a lack of empathy and inability to comprehend that someone may think differently from you and that's clearly not the case.

    p.s. Don't be scared of teh wanking, learn to embrace it.

    Edited by Armoured_Bear at 09:42:57 20-02-2013

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • FeralUK 20 Feb 2013 09:42:18 17 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You're not broadminded whatsoever, it's an event that only happens every 6-7 years.
    Let people enjoy their hobby FFS.
    I'm broadminded enough not to permaban you on sight for being, well, you. So that's something!

    Being spoon-fed press release content in real time isn't a hobby.

    Be excited for the announcement. Be excited about what's announced. But needing to actually watch it, at some later point and unspoiled, in realtime? Have. A fucking. Word.

    I don't even like my PS3 (almost felt relief when it finally died) but even I'm excited for the announcement. I'll be lapping up any info I can find on it in the morning. The thought of someone sitting there wanking themselves* into a realtime unspoilered frenzy fucking terrifies me.



    * wanking optional, and not the sole source of the terror
    Well I'll be working. So the idea is I come home, go to bed, if there's a video posted in the morning I can watch it (these things only come about like once a decade and I'm missing it). If there's no video I'll just check the EG homepage. It was just an idea.
  • FeralUK 20 Feb 2013 09:43:33 17 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interesting direction this thread has taken though...
  • Phattso Moderator 20 Feb 2013 09:44:15 13,334 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hey, go ahead and do it if you want. But I'm judging you. All of you.

    Seriously, it's a line. Once you've crossed it you can't uncross it. Obviously not an issue for you, Ecosse, as you crossed this line long, long ago and are one of the "Lost Ones".

    But I take your point. I'm not broad minded, after all. I'm just not as big a weirdo as anyone that would do this.
  • roz123 20 Feb 2013 09:44:28 7,113 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just go on youtube tomorrow morning and type in "playstation full conference"
  • Mola_Ram 20 Feb 2013 09:44:51 7,391 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Phattso Moderator 20 Feb 2013 09:47:08 13,334 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FeralUK wrote:
    Well I'll be working. So the idea is I come home, go to bed, if there's a video posted in the morning I can watch it (these things only come about like once a decade and I'm missing it). If there's no video I'll just check the EG homepage. It was just an idea.
    Watching it is normal. Well, maybe not normal because it's basically sucking at the PR teet, but I totally get why someone would be excited and want to mine the broadcast for all the info they can.

    It was the unspoilered thing that threw me for a loop, and continues to do so. :)
  • Vice.Destroyer 20 Feb 2013 09:50:11 5,834 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /Looks into thread

    *Playstation owners are such losers*

    *strokes Xbox. Slowly*

    /backs out of thread
  • the_dudefather 20 Feb 2013 09:50:38 9,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playstation 4 was a ghost all along

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • FeralUK 20 Feb 2013 09:51:06 17 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Phattso Perhaps spoiler was the wrong word to use in the thread title.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Feb 2013 09:51:31 7,391 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How about we imagine what non-PS4 things they could be presenting instead.

    Revival of that CD project they had with Nintendo back in the early '90s.
  • Murbal 20 Feb 2013 09:51:55 22,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Just go on youtube tomorrow morning and type in "playstation full conference"
    ...and ignore the comments.
  • magicpanda 20 Feb 2013 09:56:00 13,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    Just go on youtube tomorrow morning and type in "playstation full conference"
    ...and ignore the comments.
    Open a youtube video tonight before bed and place strategic tape on the screen where the comments are.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Feb 2013 09:56:30 38,176 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Revival of that CD project they had with Nintendo back in the early '90s.
    Phht. That would never amount to anything.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Mola_Ram 20 Feb 2013 09:57:51 7,391 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Revival of that CD project they had with Nintendo back in the early '90s.
    Phht. That would never amount to anything.
    Oh, you just wait. This PS4 thing is just a ruse.
  • the_dudefather 20 Feb 2013 10:22:12 9,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    [youtube] E89G2iTtI2g[/youtube]

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Feb 2013 10:49:10 38,176 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GameOverYeah wrote:
    They'll announce the PS4.

    Loads of developers including Hideo Kojima will come up on stage and say they approve of this console and might make a game for it in a couple of years.

    Drop the price of the Vita.

    Then just as everyone is expecting that this time surely they will have showreel of new upcoming games...they will cut to a reel games already released (CoD Declassified, AC Liberation, Gravity Rush) and just say "there has never been a better time to own a Vita!" Proceed to drop the mic on the ground and walk out.

    There you go, that's pretty much what will happen. Just imagine it dragged out for 2 hours.
    SPOILERS FFS!

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • neilka 20 Feb 2013 10:50:52 15,920 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GTA 5 and CoD 29 exclusive to PS4.

    Internet shut down for the night for everyone's sake.

    A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

  • CosmicFuzz 20 Feb 2013 11:37:07 24,327 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to time my strokes so I can give Kojima a massive facial.

    We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

  • quadfather 20 Feb 2013 11:49:38 12,139 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm trying to watch it, but there's too many gesticulating twats wanking over themselves trying to push the latest shit ridden filth into your face

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • FogHeart 20 Feb 2013 12:21:03 946 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I'm trying to watch it, but there's too many gesticulating twats wanking over themselves trying to push the latest shit ridden filth into your face
    Charlie Brooker, is that you?
  • MightyMetalMonkey 20 Feb 2013 12:55:41 600 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Announcing the Playstation 3.5 - the upgraded super slim version.
    It's seriously wrong of them if they're going to announce the PS4, though I understand the desire to get a jump on the next x-box, it's too early.
    More likely an announcement that the Vita price is going to be cut or a reduced price cut-down Vita release. The Vita needs a must have game, and doesn't yet.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 12:56:40 11,225 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MightyMetalMonkey wrote:
    Announcing the Playstation 3.5 - the upgraded super slim version.
    It's seriously wrong of them if they're going to announce the PS4, though I understand the desire to get a jump on the next x-box, it's too early.
    More likely an announcement that the Vita price is going to be cut or a reduced price cut-down Vita release. The Vita needs a must have game, and doesn't yet.
    It's 100% guaranteed that they'll announce the PS4.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • mcmothercruncher 20 Feb 2013 13:12:04 7,069 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spoilers for a press conference. I'm a broad minded man, bit that is some weird wheatgrass drinking namby pamby level shit right there, a'ight?
  • Triggerhappytel 20 Feb 2013 13:22:34 2,695 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MightyMetalMonkey wrote:
    Announcing the Playstation 3.5 - the upgraded super slim version.
    It's seriously wrong of them if they're going to announce the PS4, though I understand the desire to get a jump on the next x-box, it's too early.
    More likely an announcement that the Vita price is going to be cut or a reduced price cut-down Vita release. The Vita needs a must have game, and doesn't yet.
    Too early? It's been nearly seven years since its predecessor launched. It has been the longest console generation to date. The market is collapsing in on itself and new hardware is needed to revitalise things.
  • sport 20 Feb 2013 13:23:09 12,725 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A tenner says they end the conference with the Harlem Shake.
  • graysonavich 20 Feb 2013 13:23:36 7,351 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Or more than likely some 3 year old hardware.
  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

Log in or register to reply