Random Musings Page 4

• Page

of 340 First / Last

• wogsy81 7 Feb 2013 21:52:41 719 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Inertia

Skrillex is some dubstep artist most famous for having a track included in the Far Cry 3 game.
  • MetalDog 7 Feb 2013 21:59:00 23,708 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm assuming that LB, like me, knows what train brakes sound like and was mentioning a different sort of shriek.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• King_Edward 7 Feb 2013 22:00:28 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Foxes are famous for their death shreaks.
  • ComradePete 7 Feb 2013 22:01:11 474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I got "cooking with poo" too. What the actual fuck?
    Cooking with poo is the name of a book - it won the award for the book with the oddest title last year. The poo in question is a Thai chef I think.
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 22:10:02
    ComradePete wrote:
    The poo in question is a Thai chef I think.
    racist
  • Syrette 7 Feb 2013 22:14:29 43,125 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not really into poo, more of a semen fan myself when it comes to meals.

Nothing beats eating kids with coconut oil though.

• kickerconspiracy 7 Feb 2013 22:25:17 495 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    kickerconspiracy wrote:
    I genuinely enjoy Findus Crispy Pancakes.
    Neigh.
    The irony is that all the stories about horse meat cantering around have really made me want to try horse meat.
  • Rusty_M 7 Feb 2013 22:26:02 4,595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll bet that cooking with poo book is just a load of shit stirring.

/coat

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• MetalDog 7 Feb 2013 22:30:38 23,708 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @sajasanman
    Loads of foxes in the cities. They make a hell of a racket when they're mating. Saw one coming out of my flats once - cheeky buggers.

Good to see the cooking with poo mystery has been solved!

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Deleted user 7 February 2013 22:32:00
    Genuine advert for wipes designed for...downstairs.

• guts 7 Feb 2013 22:39:13 1,690 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why do we have to be nice to handicapped people? I'm not saying we should be nasty, just that surely we should treat them just like anyone else. I know there might be certain requirements that have to be taken into consideration, such as a kid I knew when I was younger had prosthetic legs due to a being born with out his own ones so stairs etc were a problem, and he always walked like he was drunk. It has been bugging me since yesterday though. My daughter was watching some dance talent show thing and a group of people with downs syndrome came on and done a ballet routine. I appreciate it was a big thing for them and took more effort than it would for a 'normal' person that had been training. The thing is though, it wasn't great compared to the rest of the stuff that had been shown. It was about as good as my daughter when she had only been dancing for a year, but all the judges were 'oooooh that's so good, such strength and so well done' and 'That's amazing, I am amazed at how amazing that was'. All three judges gave them a pass to the next round and then there were the after shots of gushing and cooing. I thought, if my daughter and her mates had gone on after twelve months ballet training and done something they would have been told to go away and come back when they had something worth doing, but because these people had downs it didn't happen. Surely that is just over patronising at the very least, and I might even go as far as to say it is unfair because they hadn't been put through on skill, but because they had downs.
    And while I'm at it, why do people talk to o.a.ps' as if they are kids. If someone talks to me like that when I'm old I'll tell them to fuck right off. And the missus is watching a recorded come dine with me and there is some twat on there that was banging on about body building and being like Arnie yesterday. He was wearing a vest yesterday and is wearing another one today. He isn't even very muscly though, so why bother. He isn't a chubster or anything but he is nothing special. What a twat.

Edited by guts at 22:57:06 07-02-2013

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• guts 7 Feb 2013 22:39:32 1,690 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• Syrette 7 Feb 2013 22:39:54 43,125 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Any good? You used one?

• Deleted user 7 February 2013 22:40:03
    also, why do we give women the vote
  • guts 7 Feb 2013 22:40:29 1,690 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry, double posted.
    /giggedy giggedy

• Deleted user 7 February 2013 22:42:39
    Syrette wrote:
    meme wrote:
    Any good? You used one?
  • guts 7 Feb 2013 22:53:51 1,690 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    meme wrote:
    also, why do we give women the vote
    Because that is equality. Why shouldn't we give women the vote. If that was aimed at me you obvioulsy haven't read my post properly. I am saying it is unfair to give someone preferential treatment because they are handicapped. I.E putting a dance act through based on them having downs and not based on their skill compared to other acts in the show. I have nothing against handicapped people and understand they may have certain requirements to help them get on with things. I also know there are plenty of handicapped people that don't let things get in the way of what they want to acheive. But some people look at them and go, aaahhh, how cute. They are handicapped and not very good at dancing so lets tell them they are great and gush and swoon and coo. OK, they have been dancing a while, but they aren't great at it. I'm sure they enjoyed themselves and that's good for them. I enjoy karaoke when I've had a few ciders, but I can't sing for toffee so I wouldn't expect to go very far in the X factor. But if I had downs and sung badly should I go through to the finals?
    Also, ref disabled people not letting things get in the way, this guy has that sorted...
    But I wouldn't give him a free pass to the final of Wipeout.

Edited by guts at 22:55:09 07-02-2013

Edited by guts at 22:58:35 07-02-2013

• Stickman 7 Feb 2013 22:57:30 29,664 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's an entertainment show. Watching people with Down's do ballet is entertaining.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• guts 7 Feb 2013 23:06:31 1,690 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    It's an entertainment show. Watching people with Down's do ballet is entertaining.
    Only if it's either good dancing or so bad it's funny. I enjoy things like the Britains Got Talent and The X Factor when they do the auditions because they only tend to show the really good or the really bad acts with little bits of average people in between. That is entertaining, but the downs dance troupe were neither really good or really bad. I feel that they were shown on tele purely because they had downs, and that is the only reason they got put through too. Like I say, if it was a group of normal kids that had had a bit of training and could pretty much dance in time and throw a few moves together they wouldn't have even been in the televised show. Are we all expected to go 'oh well done you lot, your dancing was way below the standard of everyone else that goes to the finals, but you have downs so we will ignore your skill and ability level and give you false hope that you will win something'.

• guts 7 Feb 2013 23:13:55 1,690 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sajasanman wrote:
    See your point, as positive discrimination where police forces etc I think aim for more ethnic targets. Bolloxs. No such thing as positive discrimaination, there is just discrimination in my view.

But at the same time it's pretty harsh to treat all people equally, especially in a flipping talent contest.
    That annoys me too. All this 'we must have more ethnic police officers' nonesense. The percentage of ethnic police officers employed is always going to be relative to the amount of ethnic minority applicants there are. If only 5% of the applications come from ethnic minority backgrounds there will not be 25% of the police force from these communities. Political bullshit if you ask me. My job is to repair power equipment in the building trade. When I went to college there was a couple of thousand boys training in plant operating, mechanics, scaffolding and mechanical engineering. There was only two girls. This is relative to the amount of females I see working in my trade doing hands on stuff on building sites etc.

• Moot_Point 7 Feb 2013 23:19:29 3,920 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I got "cooking with poo" too. What the actual fuck?
    Haha!

I got cooking with coolio? :s

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2013 23:21:12 7,003 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cooking with dog...
  • wogsy81 7 Feb 2013 23:50:48 719 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does anyone ever remember that thing about 2 years ago where if you typed love into google and clicked on images then the first image it gave you was a fat bloke in a corset wearing sussies and suspenders sticking his dick up the exhaust of a Land Rover.

That was hilarious.
  • danathjo 8 Feb 2013 00:56:55 7,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just spend the last two hours looking at Super Nintendo consoles on Ebay, why? No fucking idea.

I just want one now...god dammit
  • sport 8 Feb 2013 09:14:35 12,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm so hungry I could eat a frozen ready meal!!
  • Page

of 340 First / Last