Random Musings Page 84

• Page

of 364 First / Last

• Kanjin 7 Jul 2013 19:55:51 1,096 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I only notice Steam when it goes down, but fuck is it annoying. Reminds me while I keep a console.
  • warlockuk 7 Jul 2013 20:15:51 19,151 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Because your life is so empty that the rare occasions that Steam goes down all meaning goes out of the universe?

You could just use it in offline mode for a bit...

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 7 July 2013 20:41:56
    Offline mode never fucking works for me.
  • OptimusPube 7 Jul 2013 21:19:11 2,984 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    We really are having a fantastic time sports wise just lately, Tour de France Golf, Tennis, British and Irish Lions tour, if we win the Ashes I think we should take a month off.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• Kanjin 7 Jul 2013 21:26:26 1,096 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Because your life is so empty that the rare occasions that Steam goes down all meaning goes out of the universe?

You could just use it in offline mode for a bit...
    It's kind of my fault for not being specific the message I got was 'Steam's servers are too busy to play Civ 5', happened both online and offline.

Edit: typo.

Edited by Kanjin at 21:26:54 07-07-2013
  • warlockuk 7 Jul 2013 22:20:53 19,151 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Servers too busy... offline. Weird!

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 7 July 2013 22:49:37
    Change server to a different region.
  • RightBean 8 Jul 2013 03:44:11 639 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
  • DFawkes 8 Jul 2013 09:24:01 22,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What the heck is this Ride to Hell: Retribution game, and why are my local ASDAs taking up so much space pushing it? Is this some hidden gem I didn't know about? Seriously, they're using more space to hold copies of this game that they are the rest of their gaming chart combined.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• GuiltySpark 8 Jul 2013 10:21:01 6,369 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anything that has a subtitle beginning with "R" is automatically shit.

Get bent.

• DFawkes 8 Jul 2013 11:40:58 22,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's an interesting theory, and one that I can't find fault in at this time. I'll keep thinking though.

It's just such a weird game for ASDA to push so heavily. Though the last game they pushed this much was Metro, and that's also Deep Silver published so I imagine there's a deal in place there. Also thinking about it, Dead Island was pushed heavily too. Probably Killer is Dead or Saints Row 4 next.

Edit: Some people enjoyed Assassin's Creed: Revelations, though it seems to be regarded as the weakest of Ezio's games. I've not played it so can't comment myself. Not sure if Halo: Reach counts or if it's Halo Reach, but I definitely loved that.

Edited by DFawkes at 11:45:39 08-07-2013

• Mr-Brett 8 Jul 2013 11:42:18 12,777 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    What the heck is this Ride to Hell: Retribution game, and why are my local ASDAs taking up so much space pushing it? Is this some hidden gem I didn't know about? Seriously, they're using more space to hold copies of this game that they are the rest of their gaming chart combined.
    It's a game at started production about 5 or 6 years ago at Eutechnyx and funded by Deep Silver. It got shelved for a while but resumed again a couple of years ago, then Deep Silver presumably looking for some kind of return on the bad investment took over development and 'finished' then shipped it. They decided against sending and copies out for review.

There's some great reviews out there though, the game apparently has no redeeming features and is barely competent with the added bonus of some good old fashion sexim.

Portable view - Never forget.

• DFawkes 8 Jul 2013 11:43:24 22,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With a development history like that, you know they had to be onto a winner!

• speedofthepuma 8 Jul 2013 11:50:35 13,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When I loaded up an article on EG just now a rather odd menu popped up on the ipad asking for my username and password for "cms eurogamer.com" or something. It was in the menu format of the ipad itself rather than the browser.

What's all that about then?

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Mr-Brett 8 Jul 2013 11:53:16 12,777 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cms = content management system, so looks like it thought you were staff. Did you try and get in(to the matrix)?

Portable view - Never forget.

• speedofthepuma 8 Jul 2013 11:56:03 13,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It keeps asking me. What username and password shall I try?

• dominalien 8 Jul 2013 12:09:38 6,848 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This happened to me a few times a couple of weeks ago and was subsequently fixed. Definitely a glitch in how EG handles its domains.

edit: are you trying to open cms.eurogamer.net?

Edited by dominalien at 12:10:21 08-07-2013

PSN: DonOsito

• LockeTribal 8 Jul 2013 12:10:41 4,512 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    username: rauper
    password: w0rldd0minati0n
  • speedofthepuma 8 Jul 2013 12:31:19 13,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nope, just asks me for the log in details every now and again. On the normal forum.

• dominalien 8 Jul 2013 17:49:40 6,848 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, so I had the exact same thing and then it went away. Maybe something to do with cookies?

Edit: I just got this on the iPad as well, so something must be brok'n.

Edit 2: and again, and again, and again. We should really be having this conversation in the bugs thread. Never a dull moment on EG! \o/

Edited by dominalien at 18:13:34 08-07-2013

PSN: DonOsito

• Kid_Icarus 8 Jul 2013 18:13:51 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's worth searching youtube for a video of Ride to Hell: Retribution, it's hilariously bad. It does seem to work though so it's still better than ET and Big Rigs.

Summary of what I've seen of this game:
    Completely nonsensical story, crappy animations, barely functional gameplay, fully clothed sex scenes and by far the worst voice acting in any game.
  • sport 8 Jul 2013 19:14:35 12,706 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    When I loaded up an article on EG just now a rather odd menu popped up on the ipad asking for my username and password for "cms eurogamer.com" or something. It was in the menu format of the ipad itself rather than the browser.

What's all that about then?
    It means, you accidentally got editorial access to the content of EG. I've got access myself after a few hacks. Managed to add an article on the front page:

http://i.imgur.com/BmW2mDA.jpg
  • B0rked_Gamer 8 Jul 2013 19:16:03 2,578 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D
  • Rusty_M 8 Jul 2013 19:44:10 4,659 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really wish my flat wasn't so warm right now. I should really go out for a walk, but I can't bear to move. It's 28C indoors, in the shade with the windows open.

It does help that we hardly have to turn on the heating in the winter, but I'm not sure what we can do in the summer short of buying an AC unit which is not going to happen.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• MrDigital 8 Jul 2013 20:06:49 1,866 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Help me EG, you're my only hope!

Princess Leia'ing aside, I've got a song stuck in my head that I heard at the gym today but I can't for the life of me find it.

It's a kind of poppy song but has a violin coming in every so often, and the violin sometimes is slowed down. The video has a black guy as the main singer but there are also a couple of white guys and girls who appear with him often. I think it's set in London, and has scenes like him lying down on the pavement over a time lapse, and sitting on a bridge over a motorway. At the end of the video it features him being drenched in white liquid over his face (it looked as suggesting as I'm describing it) and then after that the white guy with red (maybe gorey) facepaint.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• MrDigital 8 Jul 2013 20:06:49 1,866 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

• Chopsen 8 Jul 2013 21:09:55 15,886 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it Eminem, aye?
  • Deckard1 8 Jul 2013 21:13:43 27,773 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Stuck on a Planet With You by Emma Neymine I think. Great song.

Hush you ponce

• MrDigital 8 Jul 2013 21:23:17 1,866 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not Eminem, I'm afraid. Key points I guess.

- London (or similar city)
    - Violin sample in the song
    - Bit Pop-like (not rap at all)
    - Black lead singer (although he kind of just talks over it, but not in a rap way)
    - Scenes of roads, train stations, bridges over a busy road, etc.

Damn this is frustrating :(

• skuzzbag 8 Jul 2013 21:25:26 5,638 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I should feel bad about this.

My Nexus 7 that I bricked trying to put a custom rom on has been fixed by ASUS under warranty. I fully expected them to call me and tell me I had to pay for the repair as the bootloader was unlocked but the call never came and they have now sent it out.

Right, that's my guilt gone cheers all!
  • Page

of 364 First / Last