NNID : armoured_bear

• Kostabi 3 Feb 2013 17:05:39 4,927 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Drawing Italy in the works pool doesn't feel so bad now. :D
  • elstoof 3 Feb 2013 17:07:49 7,361 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't want to be a welsh player travelling to Paris next week to face 15 frogs with their back up :D
  • Bremenacht 3 Feb 2013 17:18:18 18,275 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, good that. I thought the French were being crafty and running the clock down to ensure the Italians couldn't respond, but whether they did or not, it came to nowt. The Italians were quite amazing - very brave. No heads down at all.

I'm not sure anyone would fear the French the way they're looking. The Welsh won't. The Scots look to me to be the strongest of the losers this weekend. England look like winners. Maybe Grand Slam winners too.

Really good weekend in front of the telly!
  • elstoof 3 Feb 2013 17:25:27 7,361 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    France could be a completely different team next week and it wouldn't be a surprise, they've heaps of talent in their squad. I'm a bit nervous of going to Ireland next week, they looked pretty tasty in patches against Wales.
  • agparrot 3 Feb 2013 17:25:30 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    I'm not sure anyone would fear the French the way they're looking. The Welsh won't. The Scots look to me to be the strongest of the losers this weekend. England look like winners. Maybe Grand Slam winners too.
    Yeah, some really great games to look forward to next week - Italy versus a decent-looking Scotland, who were just outclassed by England's almost serene power yesterday, making their game against Ireland, who also looked very focused yesterday, something else to savour. Seems almost back-to-front that the prospect of a Wales-France match up is potentially the least interesting thing about the Six Nations games next week.

Still, lots of brilliant Rugby this weekend. Viva Italia, and so on!
  • boo 3 Feb 2013 17:26:54 11,784 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Absolutely cracking set of games over the opening weekend!

Italy beating joint favourites. They're going to fancy their chances against Scotland.

elstoof has a point. Wales are going to be up against it in Paris.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Rommegard 3 Feb 2013 19:14:53 4,336 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    excuse me guys, I'm an italian supporter of our rugby team.
    There is no eurogamer.fr forum? I just want to tell those frog-eater if they enjoyed the match :lol:

Stefansen-V wrote:
    Se io fossi l'acquisto del calciomercato sarei sicuramente l'acquisto di punta. Quello che per tutta l'estate f sognare i tifosi e che poi quando viene realizzato f impazzire di gioia i tifosi.

• agparrot 9 Feb 2013 14:02:11 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know that building up hype often just leads to disappointment, but Italy beating France last week, and Scotland showing that this year they can actually string play together, when given the chance, has me hoping for a continuation of the quality of last weeks games.

Two sides with a lot to prove first, and then a wounded France and a hopefully re-focused Wales in the second game of the day. I've got my beer, snacks and the Mrs all ready and waiting in front of the TV.
  • Jono62 9 Feb 2013 14:09:15 14,120 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The first game should be a cracker. I'm hoping Wales can pull it off in France but sadly I think the French will be too powerful for them.

Dreading the game tomorrow. The Irish looked awesome first half last week.
  • Bremenacht 9 Feb 2013 14:55:08 18,275 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cagey game so far.
  • Jono62 9 Feb 2013 15:38:03 14,120 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Easy for Scotland so far. Italy losing the ball too easily.
  • agparrot 9 Feb 2013 15:47:23 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So much pressure from the Scotland when they are defending - brilliant on their part. Not sure what is happening with Parisse and his hands, but a lot of errors generally in the Italian line are certainly not doing them any favours.
  • elstoof 9 Feb 2013 15:55:14 7,361 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Rommegard

Where are you now?

Coming in here with your football-style gloating, there's no place for that this gentlemanly pastime of Rugby.

Edited by elstoof at 15:59:12 09-02-2013
  • Bremenacht 9 Feb 2013 15:55:39 18,275 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Scots looked strong last week, the English were just better. I've missed a chunk of this - just when Scotland got going!
  • agparrot 9 Feb 2013 16:03:55 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Turning the taps on now, it's actually nice to see Scotland so strong and cohesive. I do feel a little bit sorry for Italy after their famous victory last week, but they've only themselves to blame for the slightly shoddy breakdowns.

Interesting to hear Dallaglio talking about the high number of substitutions in the modern game breaking up the flow, I think I agree with him... I wonder if it would be worth setting a couple of windows of timeouts at 55 and 65 minutes, or something... barring injury stuff, of course.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Feb 2013 16:15:24 17,073 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Turning the taps on now, it's actually nice to see Scotland so strong and cohesive. I do feel a little bit sorry for Italy after their famous victory last week, but they've only themselves to blame for the slightly shoddy breakdowns.
    Yes and no, Scotland's defence has been immense and I think that seems to have had a massive impact on Italy's ability to play. Scotland appear to be using a blitz defence. For me if Italy had a more inventive number 10 (or one on form) then perhaps this defence would ahve had more balls over the top which would have made a big difference.

Interesting to hear Dallaglio talking about the high number of substitutions in the modern game breaking up the flow, I think I agree with him... I wonder if it would be worth setting a couple of windows of timeouts at 55 and 65 minutes, or something... barring injury stuff, of course.
    It does, I think it's not a real surprise that they feel they have to do it really, the game is so full of injuries due to the pace and power of the game these days so attempting to protect players is not such a bad thing and completely understandable. It does tend to disrupt things but it only tends to happen when one side has taken a big lead.

You are a factory of sadness.

• agparrot 9 Feb 2013 16:23:11 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    ...Scotland's defence has been immense and I think that seems to have had a massive impact on Italy's ability to play.
    Yes, I think this is what has shaped the game more than anything else really - Scotland have denied Italy any time and most of the space they've needed to make plays, and then - perhaps as a result of it being a mostly Blitz defence, having people quickly there to pick up any lost ball and turn it over, or to pounce and get interceptions and take points from them.

I'm sure they'll all be happy with that.
  • boo 9 Feb 2013 16:53:26 11,784 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well played Scotland!

I really hope our boys can stick it to France...

...but I'm not too confident.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Mr_Sleep 9 Feb 2013 17:00:41 17,073 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    ...Scotland's defence has been immense and I think that seems to have had a massive impact on Italy's ability to play.
    Yes, I think this is what has shaped the game more than anything else really - Scotland have denied Italy any time and most of the space they've needed to make plays, and then - perhaps as a result of it being a mostly Blitz defence, having people quickly there to pick up any lost ball and turn it over, or to pounce and get interceptions and take points from them.

I'm sure they'll all be happy with that.
    Ireland showed a fairly good way of playing against the blitz, just play a bit deeper and you get extra time to play and avoid the blitz and if it doesn't work perfectly there's a whole ton of space in behind. I'm fairly sure Ireland will exploit this in the next match and it'll be a very different game.

I do wish they wouldn't mic the players so close, singing really isn't their strong point!

• Mr_Sleep 9 Feb 2013 17:08:08 17,073 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh and calling that lineout not straight is a bit of a joke, lineout throws are never straight these days. Refs barely seem to care in almost every other game.

God we're ragged so far, great play being marred by some really sloppy play. Only a matter of time until this turns one way or the other.

• boo 9 Feb 2013 17:27:45 11,784 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That pitch is going to look like a ploughed field after 80 minutes!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Bremenacht 9 Feb 2013 17:33:43 18,275 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That first ruck was funny, seeing the French guy's foot ploughing a nice furrow along the pitch. Could have put tatties in there.
  • Mr_Sleep 9 Feb 2013 17:44:03 17,073 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    God, I can't imagine what it must be like to have Basteraud lying on top of you!

• boo 9 Feb 2013 17:51:19 11,784 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Depressing, in every sense of the word!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Jono62 9 Feb 2013 18:01:56 14,120 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wish Jonathan Davies would keep quiet for a few minutes.
  • Page

of 11 First / Last