Something Sony this way comes Page 9

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 February 2013 00:37:20
    dsmx wrote:
    But the PS3 was perfectly able to output 1080p60 but few games did it because it just wasn't worth it most developers preferred to nearly half the resolution and frame rate to give people more eye candy rather than more pixels.
    A lot of the claims about the PS3 were theoretically correct, it could do 1080p60, the controller was 'new' in the sense that it had motion control, but in execution it didn't really measure up, and a lot of the features of the console which demanded the high price were marginalized in future releases (PS2 support, USB ports, flash card etc, sixaxis motion control).

Still greatly looking forward to the PS4 though. I never really got the appeal of the 360, I'm assuming it was the price and release date more than games that tipped the scales for sales.
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 00:37:38 77,474 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    I actually think that's why he did though.
    Obviously, but if he actually did then he might be the most pathetic little man in the universe. I hope to god he didn't and was just trolling.

Edited by Dirtbox at 00:38:24 02-02-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Chopsen 2 Feb 2013 00:40:11 15,726 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    It's impossible to be totally impartial, as soon as anyone says they are impartial you know they are lying.
    Really? I actually really couldn't give a shit either way. For example, I bought a vita, I love it, it's fucked long term, I enjoyed it, move on. Xbox 720 is crap and steambox turns out awesome? Cool, I'll get that. Whatever. It's just toys.

Edited by Chopsen at 00:40:55 02-02-2013
  • Syrette 2 Feb 2013 00:46:26 43,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    I never really got the appeal of the 360, I'm assuming it was the price and release date more than games that tipped the scales for sales.
    Yes being first to market helped massively but you're doing the console a disservice and making yourself sound a little ignorant in the process.

• ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:12:38 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    It's impossible to be totally impartial, as soon as anyo
    ne says they are impartial you know they are lying.
    Really? I actually really couldn't give a shit either way. For example, I bought a vita, I love it, it's fucked long term, I enjoyed it, move on. Xbox 720 is crap and steambox turns out awesome? Cool, I'll get that. Whatever. It's just toys.

Hear Hear,

I hate Apple at the moment because its over priced and outdated in 6 months.

If the drop prices and extend product life then i'll consider buying it.

Why wouldnt I, Why wouldnt anyone?
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 01:17:09
    Syrette wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    I never really got the appeal of the 360, I'm assuming it was the price and release date more than games that tipped the scales for sales.
    Yes being first to market helped massively but you're doing the console a disservice and making yourself sound a little ignorant in the process.
    As I said, personally I never saw the appeal of the 360 as someone who doesn't particularly play shooters. But I get that as a consumer in Xmas '07, you had the 360 which was significantly cheaper, # of games and better online infrastructure. Nowadays none of those are particularly the case, there's a wider variety of exclusives, free online, multi-plat quality is on par. Most hardcore gamers I know are on PS3 now (where they may not have been five years ago).

Edited by Jordyce at 01:18:33 02-02-2013
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2013 01:20:13 77,474 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Funny how seeing what you want to see gives you a skewed perception of the world.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:23:39 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    As I said, personally I never saw the appeal of the 360 as someone who doesn't particularly play shooters. But I get that as a consumer in Xmas '07, you had the 360 which was significantly cheaper, # of games and better online infrastructure. Nowadays none of those are particularly the case, there's a wider variety of exclusives, free online, multi-plat quality is on par. Most hardcore gamers I know are on PS3 now (where they may not have been five years ago).
    Most of my friends are black so its impossible for me to be racist.
  • graysonavich 2 Feb 2013 01:24:06 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    THe PS3 pad tastes of licorice
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 01:26:41
    ibenam wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    Absolutely I'll admit I have a biased view and prefer the PS3, as do most of my friends. Would anyone like to correct me? I can't say I particularly search out for 360 news or information, if someone wants to say why they'd purchase one over a PS3 these days that's something I'd be interested in.
  • Chopsen 2 Feb 2013 01:28:18 15,726 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    Absolutely I'll admit I have a biased view and prefer the PS3, as do most of my friends. Would anyone like to correct me?
    You do not prefer the PS3 and neither do your friends.
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:28:22 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Licorice tastes of a PS3 pad
  • Chopsen 2 Feb 2013 01:29:16 15,726 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are we talking about the dual-sticks or the plastic casing of the controller here?
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:29:30 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    Absolutely I'll admit I have a biased view and prefer the PS3, as do most of my friends. Would anyone like to correct me?
    You do not prefer the PS3 and neither do your friends.
    \o/
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:32:08 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Are we talking about the dual-sticks or the plastic casing of the controller here?
    I wonder if you can get dual sticks in your mouth at the same time?

Wheres DM when you need him.
  • LeoliansBro 2 Feb 2013 01:35:33 43,229 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When does anyone ever need DM?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:36:10 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    ibenam wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Jordyce wrote:
    Absolutely I'll admit I have a biased view and prefer the PS3, as do most of my friends. Would anyone like to correct me? I can't say I particularly search out for 360 news or information, if someone wants to s

ay why they'd purchase one over a PS3 these days that's something I'd be interested in.
    Stop being a fucking baby and grow up.
  • roz123 2 Feb 2013 01:37:29 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Xbox pad tastes of plastic.

I think in the UK with console warz, best mobile phones and the like its not about power, quantity of games etc its about whats the most fashionable.
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 01:38:05
    Huh? What did I do to warrant that sort of response?
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:41:11 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    Huh? What did I do to warrant that sort of response?

Questioning why one person would buy one box over another.

Its a retarded question.
  • Chopsen 2 Feb 2013 01:43:58 15,726 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Amateur armchair marketing. It's interesting to talk about big companies and why they might win or lose by extrapolating from your own experience. It can pass the time and be harmless entertainment. Taking it personally and throwing insults about? Less so.

Edited by Chopsen at 01:44:16 02-02-2013
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:44:12 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    When does anyone ever need DM?
    When you need to see if two dual sticks fit into your mouth at the same time.
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2013 01:48:14 1,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Amateur armchair marketing. It's interesting to talk about big companies and why they might win or lose by extrapolating from your own experience. It can pass the time and be harmless entertainment. Taking it personally and throwing insults about? Less so.

I didnt see any of this,

I saw a retarded queztion and gave an appropiate response.
  • Chopsen 2 Feb 2013 01:51:33 15,726 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, you called a specific someone a fucking baby and told them to grow up. That's like a personal insult, dude. How do you think that makes him feel?
  • Deleted user 2 February 2013 01:55:09
    ibenam wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:

I didnt see any of this,

I saw a retarded queztion and gave an appropiate response.
    That's what I'm interested in. I understand why the 360 and Wii had such a strong market share in '07-10, but don't understand why most gaming consumers would now choose them now. Wii sales obviously dropped, but 360 is steady-ish. If the answer is simply more effective marketing and shooters being that much of a dominating force that's fine.

EDIT: And understanding this ties into a next generation where people will likely be making a direct decision in again in Orbis vs. Durango. Different systems than PS3/360 sure, but comparisons can be made to some extent. If Microsoft's got more potential than I'm seeing, and the PS4 appears to be DoA, then heck, I may change my system preference (keeping Wii U sort of out of the equation due to the nature of it).

Edited by Jordyce at 02:00:10 02-02-2013

Edited by Jordyce at 02:01:02 02-02-2013
  • richardiox 2 Feb 2013 02:05:15 5,543 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    XBL is so much better integrated and a superior online service, meaning people buy 360s 'cause that's what their mates have. Party chat is something I use a lot as have friends with 360s and its good to be able to catch up with them whilst online.
    Also, its still the cheapest home console and not lacking in exclusives. Hence why it still sells.
  • Chopsen 2 Feb 2013 02:13:58 15,726 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not only that, but XBL on the *original* xbox was better than what sony managed for the PS3. They were shown how it was done and they *still* fucked it up.

By that logic though, given the original XBL was functionally a copy of the original Gamespy client which was created to allow people to find Quake multiplayer games, John Carmack really is a genius. So Dirbox wins.
  • Lexx87 2 Feb 2013 02:15:01 20,869 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is PS4 doesn't have a 360 pad it's rubbish anyway

Speak the truth hussy!

• Lexx87 2 Feb 2013 02:17:34 20,869 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If the new xbox doesn't have a 360 pad it's rubbish as well.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 2 February 2013 02:23:44
    That's cool. And yeah, knowing that people have a significant preference toward specific online services/integration and that it's strong enough to influence a purchase is good to know. If the PS4 comes along and has significant online improvements, that'd inspire confidence. If it blunders while Microsoft continues forward, well, it'd shake faith for the future.

If Durango has party-cross chat with Skype, that'd be a big deal to me as it's the staple for my PC gaming friends.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last