Games that 360/PS3 forgot

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • MadCaddy13 21 Dec 2012 07:58:33 1,978 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just thought I'd start a thread about games that make you go 'oh yeh!' (Not the ferris bueller way)
    I'm talking Frontlines: Fuel of War, Vampire Rain, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, viva piñata! This generation has been going on for 7 years there's gotta be a load of games people have just forgotten about but might want to recommend to anyone who are relatively new to the console.
    Legendary, Turning Point the list goes on!
  • Gambit1977 21 Dec 2012 08:02:01 10,159 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah; legendary and turning point are both highly underrated and anyone wanting to check them out should have no qualms about paying at least £20 each
    they're forgotten because they were utter shit!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 21 Dec 2012 08:21:54 38,628 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Yeah; legendary and turning point are both highly underrated and anyone wanting to check them out should have no qualms about paying at least £20 each
    they're forgotten because they were utter shit!
    It's a trap!

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • MadCaddy13 21 Dec 2012 09:30:44 1,978 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are some hidden gems in there legendary was pretty good for what it was. Ill admit turning point was pants but it had a good idea
  • Triggerhappytel 21 Dec 2012 09:48:35 2,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Folklore
    Heavenly Sword
    Dead Nation
    Singularity
  • imamazed 21 Dec 2012 10:02:52 5,784 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Darkness. Slightly mitigated in that its had a recent sequel, but the original is not a much-talked about game. And yet it is probably my favourite game of this generation.
  • el_pollo_diablo 21 Dec 2012 10:04:46 2,106 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Split Second.
  • L_Franko Moderator 21 Dec 2012 10:08:17 9,694 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Split Second.
    Tried Split Second on holiday because our villa had a PS3 and a load of games. I wasn't that impressed unfortunately.
  • Deleted user 21 December 2012 10:13:21
    Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants.

    Anyone played that? Me neither. It came out not long ago with not much funfare.

    I want to give it a go though as deep strategy games are hard to find on 360.
  • Deleted user 21 December 2012 10:13:51
    fanfare
  • Vortex808 21 Dec 2012 10:15:59 7,285 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What? No one's mentioned Section 8 yet? Both it and it's sequel are great.
  • creepylizard 21 Dec 2012 10:50:19 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dishonoured.
    When does anyone ever talk about the "best game of the year", eh?

    Edited by creepylizard at 10:51:04 21-12-2012
  • MadCaddy13 21 Dec 2012 10:54:09 1,978 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The darkness is a good shout - bought that for a 5er about 3 years ago. Really enjoyed the story. You could watch a whole film on that game! Forgot what it was...
  • creepylizard 21 Dec 2012 10:54:41 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In all honesty though, Dark sector. I quite enjoyed that
  • RobTheBuilder 21 Dec 2012 11:12:36 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Split second was great! Especially in two player.
    See also Black Box's previous game: Pure
  • Whizzo 21 Dec 2012 11:39:01 43,187 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    What? No one's mentioned Section 8 yet? Both it and it's sequel are great.
    Very true, shame it never took off as much as it should have. Probably the best respawn mechanic in an FPS.

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • FuzzyDuck 21 Dec 2012 11:56:46 4,326 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Split second was great! Especially in two player.
    See also Black Box's previous game: Pure
    Pure was genius, one of the best arcade racers this gen, like some funky love child of Motorstorm and SSX.
  • Gambit1977 21 Dec 2012 12:10:06 10,159 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Yeah; legendary and turning point are both highly underrated and anyone wanting to check them out should have no qualms about paying at least £20 each
    they're forgotten because they were utter shit!
    It's a trap!
    :lol: I would've gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for that pesky MrTomFTW!
  • MadCaddy13 21 Dec 2012 12:24:05 1,978 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Velvet assassin! That was alright, could of been great
  • dr_swin 21 Dec 2012 12:27:13 4,901 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wet was great. Darwinia is my other favourite underdog.
  • Raiko101 22 Dec 2012 11:47:37 6,409 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, the only retail 360 game I still own that can fall into this category is Splinter Cell: Conviction. A good game, but definitely more of an action-movie vibe about it this time.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • saintedd 22 Dec 2012 12:00:08 303 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Secret weapons over normanday loved this fairly unknow when it was new but a bargin if you can find it
  • millerlfc 22 Dec 2012 15:23:44 371 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    The darkness is a good shout - bought that for a 5er about 3 years ago. Really enjoyed the story. You could watch a whole film on that game! Forgot what it was...
    The Darkness was not a good game at all. The films and video clips you could watch on various tv screens were the only good gimmicks, the rest of the game was a barren, boring, frustrating, underwhelming experience. I paid £5 for it and only completed it out of sheer determination, went and sold it within minutes of finishing it.
  • DFawkes 22 Dec 2012 20:04:32 23,293 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think Darkness is fantastic! I have to admit first time I played the demo I hated it, but I gave it another go and loved it.

    It's all about the atmosphere. The gameworld is absolutely spot on, filled with just the right amount of characters to keep it from feeling empty yet still a part of the quiet, dark underbelly of the city. I especially loved the hub, with lots of nice easter eggs, side-quests and NPCs to discover.

    More than anything else, it's about The Darkness. That's what pushes the story along, and the thing that makes it more fun to play. The powers are tons of fun, be it throwing cars at people, sneaking up behind them and eating their heads, or summoning a black hole to show the Super-collider who is boss ;)

    Yes, there are a couple of sections that go on a bit, and the focus on using The Darkness means gunplay is secondary, but it's certainly not a bad game by any stretch given the prices you can get it for now.

    Edited by DFawkes at 20:15:21 22-12-2012

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • Gaol 22 Dec 2012 20:47:03 2,423 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    Folklore
    The first and last game to make the sixaxis waggle appear worthwhile. Also had an awesome soundtrack. Loved it.
  • Spong 22 Dec 2012 21:16:16 525 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ghostbusters The Video Game (not Sanctum of Slime on PSN/XBLA).
  • AlcohollicA 23 Dec 2012 07:52:55 2,355 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alpha Protocol
    Xmen Origins Wolverine
    Enslaved

    All great.
  • crashVoodoo 23 Dec 2012 13:02:01 3,961 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mercs 2. Buggy in the most comical ways but still a decent followup to the original.  Shame we probably wont see another.

    GR:AW. One of my first games. Loved it at the time. Dont know if this would still hold up now.

    R6:Vegas. In the same vein as above.

    Crackdown. Not so much underrated or forgotten but damn this was a fine game.  Same as Mercs2, sadly we might not see another.  Just looked through my achievments foe this and the first one I unlocked was 23/02/2007. Didnt realise it was that old.

    Edited by crashVoodoo at 13:02:24 23-12-2012

    a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

  • millerlfc 23 Dec 2012 14:01:01 371 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I think Darkness is fantastic! I have to admit first time I played the demo I hated it, but I gave it another go and loved it.

    It's all about the atmosphere. The gameworld is absolutely spot on, filled with just the right amount of characters to keep it from feeling empty yet still a part of the quiet, dark underbelly of the city. I especially loved the hub, with lots of nice easter eggs, side-quests and NPCs to discover.

    More than anything else, it's about The Darkness. That's what pushes the story along, and the thing that makes it more fun to play. The powers are tons of fun, be it throwing cars at people, sneaking up behind them and eating their heads, or summoning a black hole to show the Super-collider who is boss ;)

    Yes, there are a couple of sections that go on a bit, and the focus on using The Darkness means gunplay is secondary, but it's certainly not a bad game by any stretch given the prices you can get it for now.
    I disagree, found the game far too empty. Powers were too fiddly, and you spend far too long shooting out lights.

    But the ultimate problem, from which no amount of positive features could redeem it, is the lack of a run button. A game with lots of huge empty spaces, backtracking, getting lost etc. and there is NO RUN BUTTON.
  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply