Muramasa the Demon Blade for Vita Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• jellyBelly 4 Jul 2013 09:20:21 372 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's one of these games that has that coherent world feeling, where audio, visuals and gameplay systems just gell very well together

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Murbal 4 Jul 2013 09:34:39 21,931 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This second boss fight is quite tough but I've just realised I have an item that protects against fire so should make it easier next time I try :-)

Yes, I'm only on the second boss. Game time is scarce at the moment plus my wife and I are currently watching Game of Thrones from the start :-)
  • aros 4 Jul 2013 09:36:25 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not even that far yet! I've only had a couple of 1 hour Vita sessions since I played the game for a while on Sunday so have been focussed on PSN titles.

I'm straight home after work for the first time this week so plan to play a few hours. :D
  • aros 8 Jul 2013 09:20:22 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm really enjoying this actually after playing for several more hours after starting the boy's story.

Has anyone played his? I'm onto chapter three and have not received cooking yet?

Did either of you with the game find his story a lot harder than the girl's? (playing on Chaos of course) I've found the combat a lot tougher and without cooking I'm struggling with rationing the pickups to stay with enough health to make it through the tougher screens.

The boss for chapter 2! :-O AWESOME.

The gameplay when played at full speed really is excellent, even though there still have been several screens where I've had to stop to admire the artwork!

Edited by aros at 09:21:54 08-07-2013
  • aros 12 Jul 2013 09:17:43 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where are you guys up to? I think you're all a lot further than me.

I'm stuck on the third boss for the boy.

Momohime I've completed the chapter 3 boss and then done a bit of travelling.

Still totally loving the game.

Edit: realised the problem with cooking, that I hadn't bought any recipe books on the second game, doh.

Edited by aros at 09:18:32 12-07-2013
  • Murbal 12 Jul 2013 09:29:37 21,931 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I haven't had much of a chance to play but I progressed a little more last night. Only played as Momohime thus far, not got to the 3rd boss (although it can't be far off). Just started forging some new swords last night too which for some reason I'd missed up to now :-)
  • Murbal 12 Jul 2013 09:29:59 21,931 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cracking game though.
  • aros 15 Jul 2013 09:14:47 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I'm up to the save point before the fifth boss now. There's some awesome boss fights in this game.
  • dominalien 15 Jul 2013 11:22:05 6,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Figure of Momohime, for those who like gaming merchandise. :)

Yes, I do own this. ;)
    This is exquisite. I shall be owning it too, methinks.

And I own it.
    She's here! \o/

Good seller, wrote value as $65, so no customs, delivered right to my door by a postman very happy that he wouldn't have to lug it around with him since I was at work.

She's very nice.

PSN: DonOsito

• aros 15 Jul 2013 11:55:34 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Congrats Dominalien :D How's the build quality? It sounds like its got some weight to it then?

Are you playing the game at the moment?

I can see myself actually trying to push for the 108 swords & defeat all Caves of Evil with both characters achievements. This game hasn't left my Vita pretty much since it arrived, bar a couple of hours of Epic Mickey 2.

Still need to go back and play that and Jak & Daxter as they have joined the 'basically unplayed' games along with the likes of MGS HD collection, F1 2011 & Shinobido 2 :-/
  • dominalien 15 Jul 2013 13:13:53 6,839 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks. It's a typical Alter statue, very high build quality and very pretty. I'm not playing the game, tbf I'm not even interested in it. It's just that she's a very pretty girl. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• aros 6 Aug 2013 12:47:29 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been playing this game a lot recently - on the final chapter on both characters. I'm at the final boss for Momohime but I think I am not levelled up enough to beat them at 41. I'm about 57 on Kisuke without having reached the boss yet so I'm confident I will do it easily for him.

I noticed one type of area that doesn't seem to have had the HD treatment, which unfortunately stuck out like a sore thumb and broke immersion somewhat as it didn't keep up the usual quality.

Once I've completed the game I'm looking forward to going for the Caves of Evil achievement.

For anyone who has previously completed the game:
    What's the deal with the brown swords? There seems to be a lot of them? Are they unlocked through some post game thing? If it's anything that will become obvious I'm happy to just continue playing so please no spoilers. :)

From what I've played so far I would give the game a solid 9/10 and say it's one of my favourite Vita games. I've clocked up 30 hours over both characters without even completing the two stories so there's a lot of playtime there for anyone who is on the fence about importing.

Dragon's Crown still hasn't arrived too so I'm hoping to finish the stories tonight then come back to the Caves of Evil when I need a break from DC.
  • Flying_Pig 6 Aug 2013 12:52:43 10,708 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this coming to Europe, or is it an Import job?
  • santashi 6 Aug 2013 13:04:05 5,052 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Flying_Pig No indications of any European localisation yet.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Flying_Pig 6 Aug 2013 13:04:57 10,708 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi - Thanks. I'll continue to focus on my backlog, but will look to pick this up eventually....
  • aros 7 Aug 2013 09:24:43 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Worked my way to the save point before the final boss for Kisuke. I'm not sure how I ended up 20 levels higher with Kisuke at the same point in the story v Momohime though. Strange!
  • ZuluHero 7 Aug 2013 09:27:28 4,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Waiting for mine to turn up..please be today!!
  • aros 7 Aug 2013 09:44:17 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got the same feeling about Dragon's Crown. Surely it will be today!

Is it me or do import games give you more excitement? :D
  • Jmog 7 Aug 2013 20:32:47 391 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It will be glorius when my package (in transit now) arrives from VG+. It contains Muramasa, Dragon's Crown and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.
  • aros 8 Aug 2013 10:03:26 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Awesome Jmog, that's such an fantastic trio of games!

Completed Kisuke's story last night. Don't seem to have the white sword still though, which is strange. I really enjoyed the ending too.

Started grinding with Momohime to prepare her to defeat the final bosses too.

Edited by aros at 10:03:38 08-08-2013
  • Murbal 8 Aug 2013 10:05:58 21,931 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DOes it make more sense to play the storylines concurrently? I've been focusing entirely on Momohime and haven't touched Kisuke yet. There's cross over when it comes to forging swords, am I right?
  • aros 8 Aug 2013 11:59:23 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think either is fine - you seem to unlock something needed for post game content after you have completed both storylines but there's no crossover during the stories and each has their own sword set.

You do see the other character a couple of times during the story which I think shows they are happening at the same time but it's not part of the gameplay or the storylines themselves so one after another or both at the same time doesn't make any difference.
  • santashi 23 Aug 2013 10:26:47 5,052 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished Muramasa! Can someone give me some tips for getting all the accessories though? I've got all the endings and completed all the caves of evil and extra bosses, and as far as I'm aware I opened every chest/sparkly point, but I'm missing some accessories still.

• Humperfunk 23 Aug 2013 10:32:23 1,961 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm about three hours into Kitsuke's story and absolutely loving it. Need to smash through it before Rayman next week!

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• santashi 23 Aug 2013 10:40:49 5,052 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good luck with that! It took me closer to 40 hours to finish (and might be even closer to 40 by the time I find the last accessories!).

• Humperfunk 23 Aug 2013 10:44:24 1,961 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have absolutely no chance of doing that then! Sounds like Rayman is going to have to wait for a bit :)

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• aros 23 Aug 2013 12:49:24 2,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've taken a break from this, playing Disgaea 3 (finally finished the main story!) then Persona last week while I was on holiday and getting into Dragon's Crown this week. I'm determined to go back and finish up - got the last boss on Momohime then most of the caves of evil to beat. Not sure if I could manage the all accesories thing!

Santashi - I would suggest (guessing here) equipping the 'more items' accessory then just running around grinding or fighting in caves of evil until you have the last ones.

People with this and DC - which game do you think has the more impressive graphics? They are definitely top 2 for Vita with Rayman Origins (and hopefully Legends) the other standout titles. Dragon's Crown is stunning and I think it just shades it against Muramasa despite really loving the art style of both.
  • santashi 23 Aug 2013 15:15:39 5,052 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the accessories are all received for doing set things (defeating certain bosses, buying them from a shop, getting them from a certain location) so you can't get them randomly (thank goodness!). I ended up Googling it and it turns out that I just need to fight the character's own bosses (yet) again to get the final accessories, which is easy if a little time consuming. :)

• santashi 23 Aug 2013 15:29:42 5,052 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Incidentally, I'm highly unlikely ever to Platinum this since, while I loved the game, I'm not going to finish it another two times. :p

• Flying_Pig 23 Aug 2013 15:35:23 10,708 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this the one that's just been confirmed as coming to Europe?

If so, is it a 2013 or 2014 release?
  • Page

of 5 First / Last