Football Manager Handheld 2013 (Android/iOS) Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • marc_si 14 Dec 2012 03:21:06 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    @marc_si Hey Marc, did you find anything out about the download.

Still nothing showing in Testflight for me, so I can't download to review it.
    A load of TestFlight versions went live late this afternoon I believe - if you still can't see it then please contact me via. the route I've indicated in the PM I've just sent.
  • marc_si 14 Dec 2012 03:23:06 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blaizefm wrote:
    It doesn't look that much different to last years to be honest. That and the 5.99 upgrade for the sugar daddy option. Really?
    Bear in mind SugarDaddy as in-app purchase is entirely optional and you can still unlock it in game by achieving certain things as has always been the case.

The iAP's are just meant to allow cash rich/time poor people access to unlockables they might otherwise never see - the rest of us can just ignore them and play the game as 'usual'.
  • marc_si 14 Dec 2012 03:32:29 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fixxxer wrote:
    I've been saving my Google Play credit for just this occasion. Any chance of some kind of cloud save feature so that I can play the same game on my phone and tablet?
    At present we don't have any 'cloud save' on the horizon for Android because we haven't sorted out anything from a licence/legal perspective with a site to do so and are still wary of the potential knock on effects to users themselves.

To explain this -

(1) There are 4 save game slots and 2 hidden save game slots - thats 6 saves in total.
    (2) Each save is approximately 3.5Mb in size (can be a tad smaller or larger but generally thats about average) - ie. they're quite large compared to the save game for say a mobile arcade game or Angry Birds.
    (3) Total sync per send then could be 14Mb.

Problems with this:
    (1) On a mobile device using a phone network that could potentially cost people wadges of cash in data usage and/or be slow as heck (esp. if they sync multiple times a day).
    I don't know what its like in the UK at present, but here in Florida its around $14.99/month for 250Mb of data, every Mb after that incurs additional cost ... at 14Mb per sync that 250Mb isn't going to last long.
    (2) If you multiply the amount of data being synced by the number of users (hopefully presuming people like the game and purchase it ;) ) then this could be truck loads of data flying around on a daily basis - hence its probably advisable to ensure that any potential site/solution is agreeable to us destroying their data center in advance (ie. we can't just pick a site and use it - that wouldn't be fair or right).

So in summary - one day I'd love to, but it might be a tad more complicated to integrate into the game itself than you'd first think.

(apologies for the geeky explanation - sometimes you can't avoid it)

In the meantime should however be able to manually share saves using the 'cloud/storage' system of your preference (DropBox?) just by transferring the save games from fmh2013_data/save_games ....
  • marc_si 14 Dec 2012 03:35:00 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    Surely on a forum where people gather info to make purchases a PR rep should be posting as opposed to a dev.
    I'm sure Ciaran (our PR chap) will drop by the forums here at some point in the future - if he does please be gentle with him ;)

(me I'm just old fashioned - I really appreciate the chance to talk to people who play our games and get honest feedback on them, it helps me decide which direction to steer them towards going forwards ...)
  • Fixxxer 14 Dec 2012 17:55:29 1,304 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah, fair enough then. Think I may investigate syncing with Google Docs (which presumably you can assign to do wifi only anyway). Cheers.
  • marc_si 15 Dec 2012 14:40:42 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just a quick update on things - we released a mini 4.0.1 update for the Android version of FMH2013 which rectified a problem with installing the game on some OS2.2/Device combinations.

(as always I'm continuing to monitor feedback and working on further updates to the game which will be released in due course - thanks to everyone who's purchased it, I hope you're enjoying the game :D)
  • Deleted user 15 December 2012 15:34:12
    Any chance of this coming to windows? If not ill get it in me mini.
  • Deleted user 15 December 2012 15:34:16
    Any chance of this coming to windows phone? If not ill get it in me mini.

Edited by efebayor at 15:34:50 15-12-2012
  • marc_si 15 Dec 2012 16:21:29 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    efebayor wrote:
    Any chance of this coming to windows phone? If not ill get it in me mini.
    I'm afraid there isn't any chance of 2013 coming to Windows phone at present (I simply don't have time to implement such a port in the short-term), sorry.
  • marc_si 11 Feb 2013 15:33:25 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just to let people know the GooglePlay (Android) 4.1 update is now available - this contains some minor new features, gameplay tweaks and also has added support for the Nexus 10 device, fixed rendering issues on the Versus/Touchtab family of devices and provided full-screen options for devices which previously ran in a window.

(iOS and Amazon store updates should be available in the near future)
  • imamazed 11 Feb 2013 15:36:02 5,784 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for the heads up. Been really enjoying this recently. Started with QPR, biggest challenge is getting rid of the dead wood!

Only real success was Hearts taking a 500,000 gamble on SWP who was on 50k a week!
  • marc_si 12 Feb 2013 16:54:34 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Now out on iOS and Amazon store also -

Major changes from 4.0.1 are as follows:
    Enabled support for Nexus 10 and other high-res Android devices
    Enabled support for Versus 7 Touchpad 9 and family devices
    Tweaks to player status calculation
    Tweaks to long term player ability progression
    Retirement fix for player/managers retiring as players
    Squad selection improvements
    Improved the likelihood of players loaned to inactive leagues playing matches
    Tuned effect of players being on loan on their standing at parent club
    Added additional personality types
    Improved position retraining simulation
    Various non-English language translation improvements
    Added Trequartista to supported tactical roles
    Allow wide Advanced Playmakers
    Fixed issue with tweeting board reaction after winning competition
    Achievement storage fixes
    Fix to show national team players in the 'My Players' section of player comparison
    Spanish fixture schedule fix
    Tuned cash injections for giant killings
    Tuned criteria for continental giant killings
    Fixed rare issue of being sacked in Injury Crisis challenge before a match was played
    Removed duplicate news item in Dangers of Capitalism challenge
    Fixed colour of disallowed goal text when viewing past matches
    Fixed issue where Previous Club on home screen wasn't shown correctly if user resigned
    Improved AI relating to manager job movement

PS - Glad you're enjoying the game imamazed :D
  • Monsieur_Blade 12 Feb 2013 17:20:38 348 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got to echo imamazed's sentiments and say i'm loving this too! it really reminds me of champ man 01/02 :)

I'm in my first season with Sheffield united and after a shaky start I've finally hit some form! I've just gone 8 games unbeaten and moved up to 3rd.

I'm hoping I've hit form at just the right time (end of Jan) to get automatic. Even though its only a computer game i still know the blades will choke in the playoffs!! Its in our DNA.
  • Merlynov 15 Feb 2013 22:19:28 21 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great game; reminds me of the Champ Managers of old which seemed more important than attending college at the.time!

Any ideas as to why some achievements won't unlock; I've had a few hattricks scored bit the achievement seems oblivious to the fact.
  • marc_si 28 Feb 2013 05:19:16 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Merlynov wrote:
    Any ideas as to why some achievements won't unlock; I've had a few hattricks scored bit the achievement seems oblivious to the fact.
    I thought I'd ironed all of these out now (there were some glitches in the original release in this area) ... with the hat-trick ones it has to be a competitive match, can you confirm these weren't scored in friendlies?
  • marc_si 25 Mar 2013 21:02:46 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    4.2 Update released today - this includes the transfer database update in case anyone is interested.

GooglePlay and iOS are in store already, Amazon is pending submission being accepted (hopefully not much longer).
  • marc_si 4 Apr 2013 21:30:24 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apologies for the combo posting ... but ...

Just a quickie in case anyone here plays Football Manager Handheld - some users had problems with installing the last update we released; a new update has been put live today to rectify those issues.

(you only need to install it if you've had problems with the prior update)

If anyone has further issues with the game - or just any general feedback as always feel free to contact me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com.
  • marc_si 7 May 2013 14:59:08 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Final update (4.3) for FMH2013 released today across all platforms:

Major changes from 4.2.1 are as follows:
    Improved handling of Bosman transfer decisions
    Improved player retention AI
    Improved player contract negotiation for big transfers
    Improved player contract requests for sugar daddied clubs
    Tweaked player attribute development
    Prevented clipping of physio string on coach report page
    Tuned World Player of the Year award
    Fixed Athletic Bilbao second team not being forced as Basque players
    Prevented instance where newly promoted player retires straight away
  • spindle9988 7 May 2013 15:24:51 3,618 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi mark

Do you get tyo vote on player of the year awards once you have a good rep as a manager?
  • ibenam 7 May 2013 15:41:21 1,475 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @marc_si Does the PSP (& therefore VITA) get these updates?
  • ibenam 14 Oct 2013 23:07:26 1,475 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @marc_si

Marc

Can you give me any idea on PSN pricing for FM 14 Classic on Vita?

I can order off Argos (25) but prefer digital download as long as reasonably priced
  • marc_si 11 Nov 2013 14:50:36 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably my last post in this thread as FMH2014's release is getting close ....

But in case anyone purchased an iPad Air recently - there was a compatibility issue with FMH2013 on it, we've just release an update to correct this (so it'll now function find on the Air).

PS - Fixxer, you can easily copy between the two using one of the file sharing apps on Android, the data is all held in fmh2013_data
  • Ziz0u 11 Nov 2013 14:56:44 8,490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @marc_si

Hi marc

Any idea on FM14 on Vita release date? Sorry if this isn't your area of expertise.
  • marc_si 13 Nov 2013 15:05:59 313 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry FMC Vita is a totally separate product to FMH and a release date for it hasn't been announced publicly yet.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next