Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hang on a minute... Dark Souls II! What :o

\0/
  • JonFE 13 Dec 2012 21:07:35 1,447 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Rodriguez

Where have you been hiding all week? In Quelaag's cave???

;)
  • Rodriguez 13 Dec 2012 21:41:44 1,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JonFE wrote:
    @Rodriguez

Where have you been hiding all week? In Quelaag's cave???

;)
    Heh :redface:! I somehow managed to miss this news earlier this week, d'oh /o\! I hadn't posted or been on the site for a few days since finishing Hitman! I've caught up now and watched the lovely trailer!

I'm thinking of scaling back my game buying next year (mostly to save for possible shiny new consoles) but this is one game, like GTA V, I wouldn't miss for anything! I think I'll do a new run through Dark Souls next year too, it's been too long!
  • JonFE 13 Dec 2012 22:16:13 1,447 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I know the feeling; that thought crossed my mind too, but DS2 will be ordered promptly!
  • quadfather 14 Dec 2012 09:27:48 12,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can't play demon's souls, because I'm too busy playing dark souls. And I can't put enough time into dark souls, because I need to play demon's souls.

I've even bought other new games, but after 10 minutes, it turns into, "Yeah, this isn't bad. I'll just turn it off now and put souls on..."

argh, can't stop

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mcmothercruncher 14 Dec 2012 09:36:16 7,069 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Felt the same way with Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 isn't pulling me away nearly as much as I thought it would either. It's bitter sweet- I feel spoiled now and know that other games aren't quite going to match up, not for a long, long time.
  • quadfather 14 Dec 2012 10:20:05 12,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I'm the same. Played 5 hours of far cry 3 and haven't gone back to it since. It's a great game etc, but my attention span wanes too quickly. Same with dishonoured. Same with borderlands 2, same with dragon's dogma.

Though dragon's dogma is good fun :)

• Rodriguez 14 Dec 2012 18:07:54 1,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I can't play demon's souls, because I'm too busy playing dark souls. And I can't put enough time into dark souls, because I need to play demon's souls.

I've even bought other new games, but after 10 minutes, it turns into, "Yeah, this isn't bad. I'll just turn it off now and put souls on..."

argh, can't stop
    glol!! It's like the games have broken the fourth wall, reaching out into real life, tormenting quadfather's thoughts with their awesomeness.. Demon's or Dark, Dark or Demon's..... spinning round inside his head like a twisted Buck Rogers style timewarp......

Now with Dark Souls 2 announced there can be only one inevitable conclusion:

LIFELONG SERVITUDE TO THE SOULS GAMES..........:-P
  • quadfather 14 Dec 2012 19:13:49 12,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rodriguez - lol, nice! But it is actually a problem, both the souls games pit me off other games. It's like I've been infected!

• Architect_z 14 Dec 2012 21:17:03 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I see quite a few arguments about the covenant system vs the demons souls system. I didnt fully understand the tendancy system of Demon's, but I thought the covenant idea was a good one. The only way i'd change the covenant system is by offering more rewards for deepening your allegiance, and better ones, such as Faith based covenants offer a unique weapon, armour set or miracle that gives a bonus devine modifier, by staying part of the covenant. That would not only stop people from covenant skipping but could also introduce an interesting reason for the class choice at the start of the game. The class you choose could have a direct effect on which covenants would accept you and which would act hostile towards you.
    Or as a difference, if you choose a magic class (for example) to start, you can be accepted into the cov without question, but if not, you would have to have 30 INT before you can join.

I don't know, either way....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdcKGWmZMs

Edited by Architect_z at 21:21:22 14-12-2012

Edited by Architect_z at 21:22:45 14-12-2012
  • Rodriguez 14 Dec 2012 21:36:25 1,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Architect_z

There is so much truth to the video you linked too :lol:
  • Rodriguez 14 Dec 2012 21:38:56 1,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Rodriguez - lol, nice! But it is actually a problem, both the souls games pit me off other games. It's like I've been infected!
    Haha! If you start to get a slight itch on your head quad then be worried!
  • mcmothercruncher 15 Dec 2012 18:30:02 7,069 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some details I stole from a forum who stole them from the Edge magazine preview:

- Edge says they were shown a 10 minute playthrough of Dark Souls 2, and it is a huge step forward graphically. It looks on par with Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 in terms of "next-gen"-ness, or so they claim.

- Miyazaki is not working on the development of Dark Souls 2. He is not a director or producer, and is merely a "supervisor".

- Even as a supervisor, he isn't making any development decisions. He only tried to reinforce the team's commitment to releasing things on time, because of the bad experience they had with the patches in Dark Souls, and he also recommended the return to server-based gameplay ala Demon's Souls.

- The new directors, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, are indeed the From Software staff who previously directed the Another Century's Episode series. The decision to have the two directors replace Miyazaki was a company decision made by both From Software and Namco Bandai Games to help move the series forward in a fresh direction.

- Miyazaki is working full time on directing a new game. He will not disclose if it is a new IP or a sequel to something else.

- Darks Souls 2 will be a direct sequel, and have an open world of about the same size, but more dense with content.

- It does not take place on Lordran. The name of the world is the key of the story, they will reveal it at a later date.

- One thing Shibuya wants to enhance is the action in the game. He feels that he can contribute because of his experience working on action games in the past.

- Shibuya says he wants to make things like the Covenant system clearer and more accessible, and he wants to make the story and messaging less subtle.

- He promises there will still be "hidden" elements in the story and world which can be missed.

- Development started in September last year, and was done in parallel with some of the Dark Souls patches and DLC content.

- The game is 25% complete, and the team is substantially larger than Dark Souls. The world creation internal staff for the sequel is nearly double that of the first game.

- The game might not make it for 2013.

- They showed a fat grotesque creature, which Shibuya said was the result of the fusing of different creatures by a mad scientist character in the game, like Frankenstein.

- Another new enemy is a Nazgul-like black rider, who apparently serves as an executioner of evil doers. Shibuya confirms there is some sort of morality system in the game.

Emboldened = Nooooooooooooooooooo!
  • King_Edward 15 Dec 2012 18:39:21 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nothing I'm particularly glad to here, except Miyazaki working on something else. Looking forward to that.
  • teamHAM 15 Dec 2012 18:45:53 2,939 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    - The decision to have the two directors replace Miyazaki was a company decision made by both From Software and Namco Bandai Games to help move the series forward in a fresh direction.

Oh dear :(

mcmothercruncher wrote:
    - The game might not make it for 2013.
    Oh dear :(

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• mcmothercruncher 15 Dec 2012 18:54:56 7,069 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, it's a bit worrying. The cynic in me thinks that evil From executives might like a more mainstream- and therefore more lucrative- game this time, to milk the cache Dark Souls has built up. I hope they don't have "more like Skyrim" in mind... insert arrow to the knee jokes etc here.
  • senso-ji 15 Dec 2012 18:57:38 5,909 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

I like the sound of some of those points, but I'm a little concerned that Bamco may have tried to interfere too much. Demon's and Dark Souls are brilliant because they were developed by small dedicated team led by a visionary. This new systems sounds too much like what Activision have been doing with regards to their franchises. I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me Miyazaki's direction was key to the success of the Souls series.
  • Lotos8ter 15 Dec 2012 19:04:35 2,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher thanks for posting that - really interesting read for me. Not convinced about action/less subtelty but its getting bought regardless . Nazgul angel of vengeance ftw

Fiat Lux

• King_Edward 15 Dec 2012 21:06:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Edge screens

Still worried. :s

Keza's worried too.

Edited by King_Edward at 21:17:15 15-12-2012
  • teamHAM 15 Dec 2012 21:19:48 2,939 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So Miyazaki will be doing literally nothing on Dark Souls II. So the term "Supervisor" is BS really. More like "Stranded Passenger".

With the graphics supreme to what's there at the moment coupled with the fact that it likely won't make 2013 surely should make this a prime candidate for a launch (or near after) title for the next gen consoles? If they are so set on taking it in this so called new direction then the least thing they could do is to future-proof it on the next platforms surely?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Architect_z 17 Dec 2012 09:29:19 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I read that Miyazaki will only be supervising this game. I can only hope (even though its probably stupid) that hes working on Demon's Souls 2.
    That would be sweeeeeeeeet!!!
  • sport 17 Dec 2012 10:03:45 12,724 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kinect support has been confirmed - YES!
  • Puppaz 17 Dec 2012 10:13:20 324 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looking forward to Demon Souls 2 then!
  • quadfather 17 Dec 2012 10:52:57 12,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The new directors, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, are indeed the From Software staff who previously directed the Another Century's Episode series. The decision to have the two directors replace Miyazaki was a company decision made by both From Software and Namco Bandai Games to help move the series forward in a fresh direction

Ah....This could be either REALLY good, .... or....

Hmmm

Ah well, time will tell.

More interested in what Miyazaki is doing on his own tbh

• Lotos8ter 17 Dec 2012 10:54:00 2,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Kinect support has been confirmed - YES!
    That Kinect ranks as joint low point (with the Mega CD) in my long video gaming history. Its feckin useless and my wife thinks its great for doing zumba which is all the proof you need really

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 17 Dec 2012 10:55:52 12,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    glol

• FourSevenZero 17 Dec 2012 11:42:27 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Puppaz wrote:
    Looking forward to Demon Souls 2 then!
    Not so much anymore, no!
  • quadfather 17 Dec 2012 12:58:26 12,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If Myzajkaizijziijaiji did demon's souls 2, that would be all kinds of awesome

• mcmothercruncher 17 Dec 2012 18:49:00 7,069 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Playstation Move is officially a big poopy stain too. I haven't touched mine in probably about 9 months. And then I was only cleaning them.
  • Page

of 385 First / Last