Lego City : Undercover Page 11

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• creepylizard 14 Mar 2013 11:05:44 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Slightly off topic but didn't Edge give Fallout 3 a 6? I think Edge is the best magazine out there but thats just mental
  • kalel 14 Mar 2013 11:07:38 87,930 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.edge-online.com/review/edge-review-fallout-3/

• aeschylus 14 Mar 2013 11:08:32 446 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @vyseofhr

Yep, and averaging the same as Sonys big "advertised everywhere" release, GOW
  • creepylizard 14 Mar 2013 11:09:16 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @kalel
    Oops. Thats what years of alcohol abuse does to the memory
  • kalel 14 Mar 2013 11:09:45 87,930 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @aeschylus

Think that tortoise that landed on your head has done some damage.

Edited by kalel at 11:10:03 14-03-2013
  • roz123 14 Mar 2013 11:09:56 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Edge always came across as a stlyish and more adult magazine, they have given lego games low scores in the past so maybe they feel it doesn't appeal to their demographic, maybe they thought it was shit. One thing I do know is that if I was marketing a game however good it is I wouldn't let Edge have have the first review :lol:

Edited by roz123 at 11:11:43 14-03-2013
  • Deleted user 14 March 2013 11:10:23
    aeschylus wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    Come on please! If this came out on 'other' consoles, we would pack up the 9/10 of score and go yup, another decent lego game, look forward to playing it. Can't wait to get it etc, and people only interested in getting the game would post.

As its on a nintendo system, people on both sides are trying to find every niggling details to descredit the score and other peoples opinions. I think its pretty clear, if you enjoyed lego games in the past, you will enjoy this. Thats all there is too it.

Agreed, and I am only defending it because the thread is now filled with "oh EG reviewer has got it wrong, this game sucks, have you not read the Edge review"
    same. I don't own a wii u either so i don't know why i feel i have to defend it. weirdly. But then again i don't understand the internet and other peoples opinions.. and trolling.
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Mar 2013 11:11:16 3,319 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Edge do drop a bollock every now and then (fallout being one of the best examples) but most of their stuff is to a pretty high standard.

They do tend to look at games in a more critical way than most reviewers do though, so they can be quite obtuse at times.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• kalel 14 Mar 2013 11:11:54 87,930 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Problem I'm having is that I'm inclined to agree with Edge on their general stance on the Lego games. I don't find them all that hilarious, and the humour aside, they're pretty shallow games.
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 11:26:46 60,145 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not just that, they have some outrageous technical issues that have been given a mysteriously free pass over the years. I found lego star wars almost unplayable at points and that *should* affect the score.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Sid-Nice 14 Mar 2013 11:43:11 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is a Lego game and it is fun with adult humour thrown in; if you review the game for what it is, then we are looking at an 8/10. What I canít understand is the technical issues mentioned in the Game Central (Metro) and other reviews ďIf only Travellerís Tales had more timeĒ more time, theyíve been working on the game for 3 years.

Basically Metro is claiming that the major problem with Lego City Undercover is the hardware and the Wii U isnít capable of running a large open world game. The hardware advantages that the Wii U has over the current generation consoles (more memory, faster optical disk drive etc.) should have enabled TT to eliminate 30 seconds loading times.

If Lego City has been built from the ground up using the Wii U SDK then the game should be perfect; the only excuse I can think of is if Lego City was initially developed for the Wii and moved to a Wii U exclusive late in development.

NNID Sid-Nice

• vyseofhr 14 Mar 2013 11:49:04 849 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or that the project SHOULD have been delayed, but that the current software drought has made Nintendo push for the that release date not to slip.

Don't rule out a patch.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Ultrasoundwave 14 Mar 2013 11:49:08 3,319 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whatever, i'm still gonna buy it because of this screenshot :

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• kalel 14 Mar 2013 11:52:15 87,930 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    This is a Lego game and it is fun with adult humour thrown in; if you review the game for what it is, then we are looking at an 8/10.
    You say that like Lego games are just objectively fun - like it's an absolute.

I think it's actually the other way round. If you find that specific type of humour and style enjoyable then it's fun, but I think objectively speaking we're probably looking at a 6 or something.

I'm really just pointing out what a pointless thing to say that is btw. I haven't played the game so I have no idea. I presume you haven't either.
  • Tonka 14 Mar 2013 11:56:09 20,568 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I for one never understood the love for LEGO games.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Armoured_Bear 14 Mar 2013 11:56:57 11,299 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Whatever, i'm still gonna buy it because of this screenshot :

Me too.

I've no idea how much I'll enjoy it but sandbox style games such as Godfather, Saint's Row etc. always bore me after a while. No idea if this'll fare any better.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• roz123 14 Mar 2013 12:06:34 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Opening 10 minutes
  • Sid-Nice 14 Mar 2013 13:42:38 15,851 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    This is a Lego game and it is fun with adult humour thrown in; if you review the game for what it is, then we are looking at an 8/10.
    You say that like Lego games are just objectively fun - like it's an absolute.

I think it's actually the other way round. If you find that specific type of humour and style enjoyable then it's fun, but I think objectively speaking we're probably looking at a 6 or something.

I'm really just pointing out what a pointless thing to say that is btw. I haven't played the game so I have no idea. I presume you haven't either.
    Itís irrelevant whether it is a Lego or GTA game; if you look for faults and mark the game down accordingly then a 10/10 could easily be 6/10 in the eyes of the reviewer. Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda OOT are not without faults and if you review a game looking for negativities then many a classic could be portrayed as a mediocre title.

I havenít played Lego City Undercover; Iím basing my opinion on reviews, previews and my previous experience with Lego games. If it wasnít for the adult humour and innuendos most Lego titles would be average at best anyway. I have purchased many Xbox 360 and PS3 games on the strength of Eurogamer reviews only to be disappointed, so Iíll be using the Edge review as a guide and if the game is anything above average then Iím happy.

NNID Sid-Nice

• nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 13:45:29 60,145 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It depends on whether the faults start to outweigh the good or impair the actual game.

Mario 64 isnt without fault but they are insignificant in the face of such brilliance.

Massive screen tearing, long load times and whathaveyou are slightly harder to overlook.

• kalel 14 Mar 2013 13:48:40 87,930 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, a review surely has to weigh up both the positives and negatives. The whole essence of a review to is to judge which outweigh the other.
  • neilka 14 Mar 2013 17:20:35 16,103 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Mario 64 isnt without fault but they are insignificant in the face of such brilliance.
    higgins?

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 17:33:26 60,145 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hey! I like nintendo.

• macmurphy 14 Mar 2013 17:33:49 999 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    8 from IGN. Seems like most people are disagreeing with Edge.
  • Raiko101 14 Mar 2013 17:33:49 6,341 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought it was a great game, Mario 64. I still do, but I think the feel the same as I feel now. The camera is annoying at times and some of the levels were not all that great. Still I think I completed the game, fully, 4 or 5 times on both the N64 and DS.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:34:05
    nickthegun wrote:
    Hey! I like nintendo.
    higgins?
  • Humperfunk 14 Mar 2013 17:37:35 2,257 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wait, is this game a Wii U exclusive?

Seems a bit odd that after years of endless Lego games that are tied to licences, they finally make an original one so three people can play it.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:37:44
    macmurphy wrote:
    8 from IGN. Seems like most people are disagreeing with Edge.
    Seems most people are agreeing with Edge, except for some arbitrary number placed at the end of the review text.
  • macmurphy 14 Mar 2013 17:46:41 999 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rating is a rating. If they give a game an 8 that's a positive recommendation. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

They might see some similar problems but they obviously think on the whole it's a much better game than Edge allows. That's not much of an agreement.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:50:51
    I'm trying to say that reviews should be about the words on the page, not the number designated at the end, especially given that Edge are one of the few places that use the full range of scores, thus comparing raw numbers is literally pointless. If Edge had the exact same text but put a 7 instead of a 5 (which can arguably be done), would that make them more in agreement with other places?
  • Humperfunk 14 Mar 2013 17:53:13 2,257 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    From previous experience, an IGN "8/10" is actually a really poor score from them, considering as long as it boots up it usually earns an 8 anyway.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Page

of 19 First / Last