Star Wars Episode 7 Page 44

  • Page

    of 88 First / Last

  • DaM 15 Mar 2013 15:38:56 13,261 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    An friend of mine got a massive Darth Maul tattoo on his arm, thinking that he was going to be the Darth Vader of the prequels. He was a bit pissed off when he got killed after an hour....
  • TheSaint 15 Mar 2013 15:52:17 14,478 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    No motivations or depth to his character though. He's evil cause he's on the bad guys side and he looks dark and menacing,
    Nothing wrong with that IMO. In fact it sounds a lot like Bobba Fett in the OT.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 15:59:32 76,870 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boba Fett was never the main antagonist in the OT though, Darth Maul was the main bad guy in The Phantom Menace. I couldn't say Darth Maul was any better than Jar Jar, Qui-Gon, or anyone really. The fight scene was quite cool at the time but lightsaber fights don't impress anymore, watching TPM now it's a chore to get through that scene, it goes on too long. Same with the pod race too actually.

    Edited by ecureuil at 16:02:49 15-03-2013
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 16:10:22 60,133 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    An friend of mine got a massive Darth Maul tattoo on his arm, thinking that he was going to be the Darth Vader of the prequels. He was a bit pissed off when he got killed after an hour....
    Still, silver lining. Every time he looks at his arm, he is reminded to think twice before doing anything so stupid again.

    On a similar note, one of my mates got the metallic tendon thing from terminator done on his forearm in, what appears to be, crayon. A constant reminder that teenagers are stupid.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • TheSaint 15 Mar 2013 16:12:10 14,478 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think that's probably the best fight scene in the prequels (not saying much maybe). The bit in the doorway the first time you see the double ended sabre in particular is a great shot.
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 16:12:24 60,133 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, Darth Maul was a bit of a weird one. Of all the dark jedi we see, hes the only one who isnt a scheming arsehole. Darth Maul is treated more like an assassin rather than someone who is eventually going to kill the emperor and take his place.

    I know im reading a lot into that but still...

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 16:25:08
    The main problem with the main fight in TPM was that everything felt so arbitrary.

    "This room has lots of floating platforms for no apparent reason. Let's jump around on them! Quick! He's run into those random forcefields that turn on and off sequentially!"
    "Why are they even there?"
    "Who cares! Let's run through at different times."
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 16:34:24 60,133 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Taken in isolation, its the best fight as theres very little CGI. However it is by far and away the most stupid all the reasons you mentioned.

    And the fact that is COMPLETELY contradicts all the 'I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND' thing in the last one which almost explicitly says its impossible to lose a fight if you are stood on a mild incline. Not only does darth maul have the high ground, he isnt suspended over a bottomless pit.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 16:41:54
    In isolation it would be good but the editing on it is such a mess that it's a bit painful to watch and I don't really get why it, or any part of the fight, happens. Liam Neeson is terrible at the lightsabering too.
  • TOOTR 15 Mar 2013 16:43:25 9,589 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've nearly finished watching The Clone Wars Season 4 and am enjoying it much more than anything in TPM or AOTC.

    Also, nothing to do with Episode 7 at all either, this looks like it has a final of Han Solo Vs Vader all over it.

    http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/index.html

    Edited by TOOTR at 16:43:53 15-03-2013

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 16:43:57
    nickthegun wrote:
    Taken in isolation, its the best fight as theres very little CGI. However it is by far and away the most stupid all the reasons you mentioned.

    And the fact that is COMPLETELY contradicts all the 'I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND' thing in the last one which almost explicitly says its impossible to lose a fight if you are stood on a mild incline. Not only does darth maul have the high ground, he isnt suspended over a bottomless pit.
    Except Darth Maul is still an apprentice learning his trade, just like ObiWan. Not a master like ObiWan is in the RotS. It is also a two phase Sudoku solution by ObiWan that he visualised before it happened.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 16:44:58
    vizzini wrote:
    It is also a two phase Sudoku solution by ObiWan that he visualised before it happened.
    This! 100% this!

    (what the fuck is this?)
  • Deckard1 15 Mar 2013 16:45:10 28,243 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What are your thoughts on the phantom menace vizzini? Any good?
  • TOOTR 15 Mar 2013 16:47:23 9,589 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    He kept quiet, operated alone, posed a credible threat that only Jedi could deal with and was played with a completely straight face (compare those comedy conspirators in AoTC including the proto-Vader).
    I remember a mate of mine (who was only a star wars fan in passing to be fair) after seeing ROTS something like 'and what was with that stupid villain? What's with a robot having a cough FFS?'

    When I pointed out that Star Wars had a masked, potentially robot villain who had asthma and that never bothered him he tazered me.

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 16:50:03 76,870 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    I've nearly finished watching The Clone Wars Season 4 and am enjoying it much more than anything in TPM or AOTC.

    Also, nothing to do with Episode 7 at all either, this looks like it has a final of Han Solo Vs Vader all over it.

    http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/index.html
    It can't cause they're in the same bracket. It'll be Han vs. either Boba Fett, The Emporer or, er.. R2D2? Chewbacca? It's badly stacked towards the top half of the chart.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:07:07
    Aargh. wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    It is also a two phase Sudoku solution by ObiWan that he visualised before it happened.
    This! 100% this!

    (what the fuck is this?)
    /Just for a laugh as you asked.
    Playing through Brain Training on the DS some of harder puzzles arrive at a point where there is no phase one recursive answer for the next step. Most people make an educated guess to proceed onwards at this point. But there is two phase lateral reasoning you can do to block pair either-or options to eliminate other options and definitively solve all the problems. That is what ObiWan did, top sudoku.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:07:27
    Salacious Crumb vs Wicket, please.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:09:33
    vizzini wrote:

    /Just for a laugh
    I dread to think what it would be if it was serious.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:12:01
    @meme

    The gist of the answer is true, just I didn't want to fully explain it.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:13:12
    You're wrong, anyway. Obi Wan used tactics from Kakuro, not Sudoku. Also with a bit of Rubiks Cube thrown in, and also he worked out an algorithm for winning Rock Paper Scissors with Force Lightning.
  • SpaceDave3000 15 Mar 2013 17:14:57 78,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    It is also a two phase Sudoku solution by ObiWan that he visualised before it happened.
    This! 100% this!

    (what the fuck is this?)
    /Just for a laugh as you asked.
    Playing through Brain Training on the DS some of harder puzzles arrive at a point where there is no phase one recursive answer for the next step. Most people make an educated guess to proceed onwards at this point. But there is two phase lateral reasoning you can do to block pair either-or options to eliminate other options and definitively solve all the problems. That is what ObiWan did, top sudoku.
    Either that or horrific writing that ignores it's own canon for the sake of ending an apparent stalemate.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:18:02
    You're correct meme, it would appear my calculations are wrong. It was always going to involve a Rubik or Tetris or roshambo script solution.
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 17:18:56 60,133 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playing through Brain Training on the DS some of harder puzzles arrive at a point where there is no phase one recursive answer for the next step
    I genuinely LOLd when I read this. Top work.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 17:20:27 60,133 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    Darth Maul is still an apprentice learning his trade, just like ObiWan.
    And you know this how?

    [because in the expanded universe ipso facto cogito ergo sum]

    Invalid argument. If its not in the film, it means nothing.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • SpaceDave3000 15 Mar 2013 17:25:12 78,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:25:48
    Obi Wan had a +5 height advantage over Maul, who only rolled a double three for his THAC0 defense.
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 17:28:52 60,133 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Technically, he had a -10 height advantage as he was down a massive fucking hole.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • LeoliansBro 15 Mar 2013 17:32:24 44,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I once did that thing on Brain Training where you have 2 minutes to memorise 40 four-letter words and I successfully remembered all 40!

    vizzini - how do you explain the Droid control ship being impervious to blasters but. a spaceship being able to fly into it. Glaring design flaw right there, I'd have thought.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • LeoliansBro 15 Mar 2013 17:33:38 44,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    Darth Maul is still an apprentice learning his trade, just like ObiWan.
    And you know this how?

    [because in the expanded universe ipso facto cogito ergo sum]

    Invalid argument. If its not in the film, it means nothing.
    And if that's the case how did he kill space Liam Neeson?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:38:00
    He wasn't really a Jedi. It also explains him making up all that shit about midichlorians and the Irish accent.
  • Page

    of 88 First / Last

Log in or register to reply