DOTA 2 Page 16

• Page

of 61 First / Last

• RedSparrows 2 Aug 2013 15:20:00 22,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have my trio of favourites: Alchemist, CM, SB.

This will change, but so far they are the ones I have enjoyed for more than a couple of games. All fairly straightforward, but seem really useful if played well.

Obviously I've only tried about 1/3rd of the whole lot.
  • rivuzu 2 Aug 2013 15:36:52 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just wait till Techies get added.

I still have nightmares.
  • Fat_Pigeon 2 Aug 2013 15:57:40 9,821 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DamoVotf wrote:
    Gunzberg wrote:
    ARGH!

How can you be a pug at lvl 3 who can't play ?

Seriously. Just lost a game against basically shadow fiend who was fed by our drow (13 deaths) and our spirit breaker (12 deaths).

How can you play drow so badly ? At lvl 3 you must have learnt at least 1 char by now...frustration, sigh!

Figure I should only do human matches with EGers. This is too depressing
    Gunz you are going to get to level 30 and still find people who cant play!

Rikki backstab is very easy to land. Hadnt thought of IO combo, though its probably good for first few kills longer term its not really viable no?
    at level 3 you have had what 30 matches tops less probably. and most likely without the help of people who know what they are doing to show them how to play.

plus i suspect drow went mid, she can mid pub games with a bit of luck and a hope that the other player isn't very good, but generally drow isn't a good mid hero. she doesn't gain a lot from early levels the biggest gain coming at level 6. she has zero rune control and no escape. a plus a bad attack animation so will easily get out last hit.

whereas shadow fiend gets all the last his denys to farm souls lots of levels for early points in raise which he can use to harass drow out of lane plus access to the easy camp to farm more souls.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Aug 2013 16:13:23 38,375 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    While playing Drow, Shadow Blade is essential I think. It gives her an escape finally... But yeah, she's hard to play until then, even after you get the ult.

But hey, I have had success playing mid with her. Even (especially) against the lvl29 person I was facing during the laning phase last night.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Gunzberg 2 Aug 2013 16:18:52 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just tried out Rikki and together with a good Broodmother and Lina player we stomped the match.

He is quite fun to play. Not sure if he or Bounty Hunter gave me more pleasure.

The high dmg build I chose did lead me to having some issues with health regen but nothing that a few items can't fix

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• hypoBla5t 2 Aug 2013 16:54:23 1,429 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely loving Dazzle and Lich but I'm trying to get a third I feel I can do something with (don't know why).

Have tried Leshrac (good for taking down towers but a bit weak for me) and I'm liking the look of Silencer too but he's mega dependant on items and gold.

The search continues...
  • rivuzu 2 Aug 2013 22:21:20 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just in case you didn't know,

THE INTERNATIONAL 3 HAS ALREADY BEGUN.

Quantic vs Rattlesnake for the Wild Card matchup at the moment.

For those who don't know about the Wild Card matchup, TI3 invites 16 teams to play in one tournament, but the 16th slot was left open to allow new or relatively unheard of teams a chance to compete. Qualifiers were held in both the East and Western scene some months ago, and now the winners of their brackets Quantic (European team from West) and Rattlesnake (I think they're a Malay team from East, either that or Pinoy) are playing a Best of Five to win.

You can watch this in-client with commentary by going to Watch > Events and when a game is live, it'll allow you to connect, or you can join a Twitch.tv stream (such as BeyondTheSummit's at http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit)

Game 2 about to start, and for those who want to know the game one result Rattlesnake crushed with a solid performance

Game 2 was a huge turn around for Quantic. NEVER allow EU teams to pick Wisp.

Game 3 was a resounding Rattlesnake Victory. Quantic first picked Wisp, but the counterpick WAS Chaos Knight, denying them that combo. Fell to pieces after that.

Edited by rivuzu at 23:18:51 02-08-2013

Edited by rivuzu at 00:16:35 03-08-2013
  • Gunzberg 3 Aug 2013 00:35:53 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I see the strengths of Shadow fiend and Phantom Lancer but can not play them as effectively as say Rikki. Figure I am about halfway of trying all heroes...

• Sharzam 3 Aug 2013 00:50:15 2,943 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Think i will put some real time into IO tommorow.
    I was really getting the hang of being in the background and using items which in turn buff my link buddy. Personal favourite the healing from the Jar/Urn which stops when hit but isnt effected if my buddy is hit.

Opened up some nice situations where i was healing and increasing damage while not in combat myself. Shame about stealth toons but oh well.

Also i really need to practise using the tether to stun stuff, as didnt do that nearly enourgh. Sorry guys for not helping as much as i could.

Edited by Sharzam at 00:57:59 03-08-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• rivuzu 3 Aug 2013 01:13:01 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Sharzam Just make sure you're partnered with someone you know and have voicecomm with, or you're gonna have a bad time.
  • RedSparrows 3 Aug 2013 01:47:50 22,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why shouldn't an EU team be allowed Wisp? Why does region have anything to do with it?
  • rivuzu 3 Aug 2013 10:28:46 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RedSparrows Because they're too damn good with it. Before the game starts, in Captains Mode, you have the option to ban certain heroes. You can ban any of those in CM, but the process of doing so is a bit convoluted. Team A Ban, Team B Ban, Team A Ban, Team B Ban, Team A Pick, Team B Pick, Team A Pick, Team B Pick, then 2 more bans, 2 more picks, then 1 more ban, 1 more pick per side.

The EU and CIS scene sees a LOT of Wisp play. They've practiced it, they know it. The Asian scene though doesn't value the hero at all, with no pro teams giving it any practice. This means they don't know how to play with it OR against it. That's often why Eastern teams struggle against Wisp + Carry combo, like we saw in Game 2.
  • RedSparrows 3 Aug 2013 10:37:42 22,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How odd. Is there any explanation for the regional variation? Interesting nuance.
  • Gunzberg 3 Aug 2013 11:10:01 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems unfair to blanket ban. They should just practice and learn vs wisp rather than taking the easy way out...

• hypoBla5t 3 Aug 2013 11:30:31 1,429 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I see what you're saying Gunz but surely bans have to be agreed by both captains? In which case they can do what they want I guess.
  • Gunzberg 3 Aug 2013 11:35:17 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    I see what you're saying Gunz but surely bans have to be agreed by both captains? In which case they can do what they want I guess.
    oh, in that case, fair enough :o

• rivuzu 3 Aug 2013 11:48:24 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RedSparrows There are just certain heroes that are... slightly less balanced than others. But each region does favour it's own playstyle. CIS (Ukraine, Russia, etc) are pretty much constant aggression, 100% Fight Dota. China prefer to play ultra passive and safe and win once farming is over and they're pretty much stacked on items.

I don't think there's any real reason for it other than just social ones. Different cultures, different priorities.

As for blanket banning - yeahhhhh, no. Problem is, there's about 8 heroes you must ban all the time, but you only have 2 slots to ban in the first stage per team. Something always slips through.

For example, Batrider. Until 6.75 patch, he was never picked. Since, he's been either picked or banned in 100% of professional matches since TI2 last year.

100%.
  • rivuzu 3 Aug 2013 11:49:23 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @hypoBla5t Not quite. Watch the first ten minutes of professional game and you'll see what I mean. It's weird to describe.
  • magicpanda 3 Aug 2013 17:43:59 13,372 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Live International Games on now.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Aug 2013 18:32:14 38,375 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It won't connect to the DOTA2 network for me :(

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• rivuzu 3 Aug 2013 21:04:43 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It will do, eventually. Too many people online atm due to TI3 games.
  • Gunzberg 3 Aug 2013 22:23:21 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Intense loss match there with some nice teamplay.

Zeus on the enemy team always being a right bugger and Abaddon basically carried the match for them with some early game leads by their Shadow Fiend.

Also we all came to the consensus we do not like Enchantress

Edited by Gunzberg at 22:23:38 03-08-2013

• Gunzberg 4 Aug 2013 00:36:30 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you haven't tried out Morphling, do.

He can switch all his agi points into str and back.

This means if I am not in danger I can whack away with over 200dmg base without items albeit with a low hp lvl. If under attack or running away, put everything back into str and then some, suddenly you have the equivalent hp of a DK with items and get seriously hard to kill.

Did I mention that his ultimate is to clone heroes which he can then use to attack or put somewhere safe on the map and switch positions with if in danger.

Fabulous hero, but I fear that my micro needs to be a bit stronger to use him to his full potential

• rivuzu 4 Aug 2013 09:25:49 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gunzberg
    SPROINK. I actually really enjoy Enchantress and Chen because gottagetdatmicro.

Morphling is fun, especially if you go Shotgun with him. Max morph to agility, puck up an ethereal blade, use active, waveform, adaptive strike to pop anyone.
  • Gunzberg 4 Aug 2013 09:51:14 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    @Gunzberg
    SPROINK. I actually really enjoy Enchantress and Chen because gottagetdatmicro.

Morphling is fun, especially if you go Shotgun with him. Max morph to agility, puck up an ethereal blade, use active, waveform, adaptive strike to pop anyone.
    oooh!

• Leolian 4 Aug 2013 10:32:33 1,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just started playing this. Finished the tutorial and now ruining real peoples games. Reminds me of when I first started doing heroics in wow. Steep learning curve. Loving it though. Have to get involved in some guildy matches with voip.
  • rivuzu 4 Aug 2013 10:51:04 2,058 posts
    Seen 6 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gunzberg It's also worth mentioning that you were slightly off with something you said about Morphling. Morphing to strength will never give you equivalent survivability to a DK because all of that armor from your agility stat is now gone. What makes DK so strong isn't his HP, but his Effective HP with resistances included. He sits at practically 30 armor in the mid game with no items and maxed Dragons Blood.

Back to Morphling though, you've gotta be careful when you morph because either side, you're a victim of one thing. If you're heavy on agility, nukes will wreck you faster than you can think, but if you're all in strength your low armor will make you like paper against any carry or semi-carry.

That's why Linkens is pretty much core on him. Block a single target spell once every 20 seconds, whilst being max agility, and running around with an Ethereal Blade is the core of shotgun morph.
  • Gunzberg 4 Aug 2013 10:53:12 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    @Gunzberg It's also worth mentioning that you were slightly off with something you said about Morphling. Morphing to strength will never give you equivalent survivability to a DK because all of that armor from your agility stat is now gone. What makes DK so strong isn't his HP, but his Effective HP with resistances included. He sits at practically 30 armor in the mid game with no items and maxed Dragons Blood.

Back to Morphling though, you've gotta be careful when you morph because either side, you're a victim of one thing. If you're heavy on agility, nukes will wreck you faster than you can think, but if you're all in strength your low armor will make you like paper against any carry or semi-carry.

That's why Linkens is pretty much core on him. Block a single target spell once every 20 seconds, whilst being max agility, and running around with an Ethereal Blade is the core of shotgun morph.
    Yeah I realise also that one of the advantages DK has is the armour from his passive skill. But in terms of hp, Morphling was seriously impressive

• magicpanda 4 Aug 2013 21:34:43 13,372 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got to hand it to Valve the whole Dota2 package is spot on. Just wish i had more time to play it.
  • Gunzberg 4 Aug 2013 22:22:02 1,738 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    Got to hand it to Valve the whole Dota2 package is spot on. Just wish i had more time to play it.
    I want to complain about the d/c and the abandoning and the fact that I can only report 2 people per week but honestly it's free so I don't.

• Page

of 61 First / Last