Performance Graphics Drivers

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • coojam 14 Oct 2012 21:56:32 625 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hi guys,

I've recently bought a new PC and am just tweaking a few things as I'm not quite getting the performance I was expecting. I haven't been into the PC gaming scene for a few years, but when I was in the past, there used to be performance graphics drivers you could download that would eek out improved performance over the stock ATI/Nvidia drivers.

Do these still exist and if so can someone point me in the direction of them please? Google isn't really coming up trumps!
  • Carlo 14 Oct 2012 22:24:29 17,948 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Use the manufacturers drivers and utilities and overclock, or use the chip makers beta drivers which the utilities might not work with.

PSN ID: Djini

• Metalfish 14 Oct 2012 22:39:46 8,791 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    These only tend to come across my radar whenever a manufacturer has fucked up somewhere and the hardware is too obscure/old for them to bother to address it. Pretty rare and often your better off with some form of official drivers.
  • coojam 15 Oct 2012 00:01:12 625 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's strange that I can't find any reference to it - it was really common practice among high end users 8+ years ago. I guess the manufacturers have become a bit more adept at it themselves.
  • overcorpse 15 Oct 2012 01:05:30 261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @coojam I believe your referring to Omega drivers.I too have just got a new PC after a 7 year hiatus and that was the first place i visited after i got her up and running but it seems he has stopped doing them.He had a post on the site saying he was massively in debt or some such.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ now all it does is link you to the official sites.

Edited by overcorpse at 01:17:36 15-10-2012

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• coojam 15 Oct 2012 10:13:08 625 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @overcorpse That's them, thanks! I was starting to think I'd imagined them. Still, it sounds like they've been completely sidelined now anyway.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next