Performance Graphics Drivers

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • coojam 14 Oct 2012 21:56:32 625 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hi guys,

I've recently bought a new PC and am just tweaking a few things as I'm not quite getting the performance I was expecting. I haven't been into the PC gaming scene for a few years, but when I was in the past, there used to be performance graphics drivers you could download that would eek out improved performance over the stock ATI/Nvidia drivers.

Do these still exist and if so can someone point me in the direction of them please? Google isn't really coming up trumps!
  • Carlo 14 Oct 2012 22:24:29 18,421 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Use the manufacturers drivers and utilities and overclock, or use the chip makers beta drivers which the utilities might not work with.
  • Metalfish 14 Oct 2012 22:39:46 8,937 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    These only tend to come across my radar whenever a manufacturer has fucked up somewhere and the hardware is too obscure/old for them to bother to address it. Pretty rare and often your better off with some form of official drivers.
  • coojam 15 Oct 2012 00:01:12 625 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's strange that I can't find any reference to it - it was really common practice among high end users 8+ years ago. I guess the manufacturers have become a bit more adept at it themselves.
  • overcorpse 15 Oct 2012 01:05:30 344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @coojam I believe your referring to Omega drivers.I too have just got a new PC after a 7 year hiatus and that was the first place i visited after i got her up and running but it seems he has stopped doing them.He had a post on the site saying he was massively in debt or some such.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ now all it does is link you to the official sites.

Edited by overcorpse at 01:17:36 15-10-2012
  • coojam 15 Oct 2012 10:13:08 625 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @overcorpse That's them, thanks! I was starting to think I'd imagined them. Still, it sounds like they've been completely sidelined now anyway.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next