Will MS require more franchises for the next console generation? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • MatMan562 10 Oct 2012 14:05:29 1,906 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To get sales I don't think MS need to, i'd imagine the millions of 360 CoD and Fifa gamers will buy one for that alone, but for the people on here, they probably do. As has been said, some of the best MS exclusives are on xbla and I can't imagine they'd launch a new console with enough exclusive arcade games to warrant a purchase for myself. So, unless they launch a new console with a new Halo and Gears as well as a few decent arcade games, personally, I will need a new and exclusive full retail IP or two to convince me to get one. Initially anyway.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Carlo 10 Oct 2012 15:09:03 17,913 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    All it needs is another Viva Pinata
    This. But if there was another one it would be some Kinect-filled pile of arsewank.
    There's some people here that want a game like that!

Especially the arsewank.

PSN ID: Djini

• LeoliansBro 10 Oct 2012 15:11:50 41,865 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did they ever get round to making a Gran Turismo game then? 1080p and all that excitement, that was going to be the killer app no?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• LeoliansBro 10 Oct 2012 15:17:35 41,865 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As for the others, Sony have an isometric hack and slash which is fun, if repetative and relentless, a level editor with a plummy voiceover, broken promise vapourware, an extended machinima cut scene with some quicktime events, Ratchet was exclusive??, and a corridor shooter, like Assassin's Creed but linear and dull.

Microsoft had a pew pew space marine game that took itself super seriously but didn't with bright colours, a dull-as-dishwater racing SIM (with a capital SIM), a pew pew space marine game that took itself super seriously but didn't with dull colours, and a pile of fucking garbage with embarrassing character acting.

Whichever's your poison.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Ultrasoundwave 10 Oct 2012 15:21:34 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    You've forgotten some for both platforms (Crackdown, Alan Wake, InFamous, KZ, etc.) and have included a franchise which isn't exclusive.
    I really wish Microsoft would put a bit more effort into Crackdown.

Its a great concept and both the games they've made so far have been impressive in one way or another, despite lacking that "AAA" feel.

With a bigger budget and a bit more talent behind it, Crackdown could be a superb franchise IMO.

"Look at banner Michael!"

• RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 15:23:58 20,756 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't really see The Last of Us etc doing much exciting stuff, to be fair.

Really, I see the next generation as basically a Halo box, for me - and then any nice surprises on the way.

Unless MS open up Live a bit (HAHAHAHA) it'll be Steamboat for me.

I am utterly uninterested in Ass Creed-type mega-productions, unless it's Halo.

So THERE.
  • Raiko101 10 Oct 2012 15:47:11 5,536 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I'm not actually that big a fan of the console exclusives i've played. AT least not the 'biggest' named exclusives. With the exception of Killzone, and the creation tools in LBP, i've played them and moved on quite quickly. They didn't influence which consoles I bought this generation and they wont do next generation either.
    There is definitely something wrong with you if you found Killzone to be the only interesting exclusive you've played.

Have you played literally any other shooter?
    What I like about Killzone is the cover-based gameplay. It's like Gears, but in FPS form, without the need for a wall-hug button. The artistic concept is very appealing and multiplayer was really fun. It doesn't come close to my two personal favourite FPS, Unreal Tournament and TimeSplitters, but I very much enjoyed it. Especially the first one!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 18:10:18 20,756 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They have enough cash to make super studios. See 343. Not going to happen for every title, but if they want it they can get it.
  • King_Edward 10 Oct 2012 18:32:33 11,454 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's bound to be a glut of new franchises at the start of the next lot of consoles anyway. Stuff like Gears, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted got in early and made a splash this gen. Plenty of pubs will be looking to do that again.
  • Syrette 10 Oct 2012 19:06:07 41,846 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GameOverYeah wrote:
    Turn 10 seem to be slipping with each release or coasting
    What?

Are you getting them confused with someone else?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next