• MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Oct 2012 12:50:19 38,283 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Even the forums are now over-moderated to a humourless level
    What.
    Thread with good humour potential get locked too quickly, and forumites get GI'ed for stuff that's fairly innocuous compared to a few years ago.
    Really? That's what you think? Really?

Really?
    Wow, because I've tended to agree somewhat with Razz. We've - I've - been a proper soft touch. I just love you guys too much!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• SClaw 4 Oct 2012 12:57:09 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Did you see this thread? http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/242018

It's fucking disgusting. And hilarious. The forums have gone to the dogs - and I love them for it.
  • thelzdking 4 Oct 2012 12:59:03 4,367 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Liberal clique? Oh for a Fruit thread instead of this retard-o-thon.
  • Whizzo 4 Oct 2012 13:06:23 43,139 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salaman wrote:I've taken the liberty of making a small mock-up of how it could be incorporated into a new logo.
    This place went to the dogs when the puddle of wee was taken from us.

This space left intentionally blank.

• monkehhh 4 Oct 2012 13:11:32 3,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MrTomFTW I think I've seen more new users initially a bit taken back by the mods here joining in with all the stupid shit that happens and throwing around insults with friends, rather than new users shocked at any heavy-handedness.
  • Tonka 4 Oct 2012 13:17:16 20,459 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    That's not him making you feel bad for being heterosexual; that him trying to make you feel bad for objectifying a woman as nothing more than an ass to be stared at. I think there's a pretty clear difference.
    And scanned.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 13:26:24 10,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    What.
    Thread with good humour potential get locked too quickly, and forumites get GI'ed for stuff that's fairly innocuous compared to a few years ago.
    Really? That's what you think? Really?

Really?
    Wow, because I've tended to agree somewhat with Razz. We've - I've - been a proper soft touch. I just love you guys too much!
    Yep that's what I think. And I think you're confusing "soft touch" with "letting one particular member get away with breaking forum rules repeatedly because he's my mate".

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 13:28:30
    FINISH HIM
  • kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 13:29:02 10,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

It's fucking disgusting. And hilarious. The forums have gone to the dogs - and I love them for it.
    While reasonably amusing it's quite tame compared to how the forum used to be. If Fluffytucker was still here that thread would have been twice as disgusting and infinitely funnier.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• SClaw 4 Oct 2012 13:31:07 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's tame? Yeah... I don't think I want to see what it used to be like.
  • Ginger 4 Oct 2012 13:32:56 6,843 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Salaman wrote:I've taken the liberty of making a small mock-up of how it could be incorporated into a new logo.
    This place went to the dogs when the puddle of wee was taken from us.
    such great great times.
    /wipes tear
    /curtains

Edited by Ginger at 13:33:07 04-10-2012

London open taekwondo champion

• MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Oct 2012 13:33:38 38,283 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh? Do tell. Can you demonstrate what rules this individual has heinously breached? I'm assuming from your reaction you believe it should lead to a permanent ban, in comparison to a ban given to other certain individuals.

• LockeTribal 4 Oct 2012 13:35:55 4,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    SClaw wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

While reasonably amusing it's quite tame compared to how the forum used to be. If Fluffytucker was still here that thread would have been twice as disgusting and infinitely funnier.
    Sounds a bit more like you've your rose-tinted specs on kinky and are bemoaning the fact that we aren't as funny as previous users on EG. Which is fair enough. Completely disagree that the forum's over-moderated.

EDIT:"rose-tented" really? I'm getting worse.

Edited by LockeTribal at 14:01:49 04-10-2012
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 13:38:53
    I miss the times when mods weren't so proud of being mods and didn't feel the need to remind you all the time.
  • Syrette 4 Oct 2012 13:48:55 43,532 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I miss the days when Mowgli was a cheery fellow.

• kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 13:53:15 10,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Oh? Do tell. Can you demonstrate what rules this individual has heinously breached? I'm assuming from your reaction you believe it should lead to a permanent ban, in comparison to a ban given to other certain individuals.
    A public thread isn't really the place for me to air grievances about a moderator's approach...

Edit: So I'm not going to. I've already wasted my lunch hour being melodramatic.

Edited by kinky_mong at 14:08:30 04-10-2012

• SClaw 4 Oct 2012 13:54:17 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I miss the time when this thread was about EG's news being lefty. Good times. Good times.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 13:56:26
    Syrette wrote:
    I miss the days when Mowgli was a cheery fellow.
    Never happened.

Your mother.
  • kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 14:00:36 10,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    SClaw wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

Sounds a bit more like you've your rose-tented specs on kinky and are bemoaning the fact that we aren't as funny as previous users on EG. Which is fair enough. Completely disagree that the forum's over-moderated.
    Fair enough and I think you're right, perhaps this is the push I need to stop wasting all day at work on here.

Maybe one more read of the "urn wank" thread...

Edited by kinky_mong at 14:06:20 04-10-2012

• Razz 4 Oct 2012 14:01:06 61,224 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd really hate to moderate this place, I don't envy anyone that takes on that task. There was a time when I wanted to be a mod, but even then it was only to piss off otto

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 14:06:23
    I think we've all wanted to be a mod just to wind up otto at some point.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Oct 2012 14:09:42 38,283 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    A public thread isn't really the place for me to air grievances about a moderator's approach, and I'm not going to name and shame the forumite (even though most people know who I'm referring to), but as you're insistent on asking...

Registering multiple accounts ("sockpuppets") could result in bans for some or all of the accounts in question. One person, one account.
    I've lost count of how many ID's the individual has used.

2. Think before you post...
    This one writes it's own punchline.

vi. Abuse - If your post is abusing other users or moderators you run the risk of being banned.
    And I don't think being drunk every weekend in the early hours is an excuse for this one.

Anyway, while perusing the guidelines I also noticed the point that "just because you've been here for a long time doesn't make you the forum police" so I won't hammer this point any further.
    Ah it's not exactly like you're going around thread to thread being the forum sheriff, so no worries.

I think the question to ask is "is any of this actually worth a permanent ban?" because the general consensus from the team, and the staff so far has been "No". I'm the first person to dish out a temp ban to him when it goes too far but in the end all he's doing is making a fool of himself. He's not doing harm to anyone, he's rarely actually abusive (although he does retort when insulted) and we do ban his socks. In the forum rules we do encourage the use of the ignore feature if you don't like a particular user.

We try not to ban the regs permanently unless we absolutely have to. He's no different.

It does remind me though, we were talking about refreshing those forum guidelines. Maybe I should remind

• Razz 4 Oct 2012 14:12:40 61,224 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    remind....? REMIND who?! I MUST KNOW!

/rocks back and forth

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• pinebear 4 Oct 2012 14:16:41 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, just one of the machine elves. Nothing to worry about Razz.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Oct 2012 14:19:35 38,283 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's because I'm posting from my phone.

...Venatio now the Expo is over.

• kinky_mong 4 Oct 2012 14:23:49 10,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MrTomFTW That's fair enough and understand the stance. I'll drop this now as I'm being a bellend about it.

Let's get back to complaining about the communist agenda of the staff! Eviscerate the Proletariat!

• psychokitten Moderator 4 Oct 2012 14:29:04 7,794 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I think we've all wanted to be a mod just to wind up otto at some point.
    I wanted to be otto to wind the mods up, but no dice.
  • Tomahawk 4 Oct 2012 14:31:55 120 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @nickthegun Taking the point to its most extreme form does not automatically defeat it Nick. I was talking about the continuing liberal outlook that EG is taking and trying to transplant on its membership. Like I said at the start I am not a male apologist and I won't be browbeaten by people who think we should bend over backwards to apologise if we find women attractive.
  • Tomahawk 4 Oct 2012 14:38:29 120 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @thelzdking What do you suggest we call the close-knit journos at the top who are all liberals? That seems to be part of the dress code with new journalism. Actually I haven't actually seen any major gaming news site with a diverse outlook, maybe they either hire their mates or discriminate against people who hold differing views.
  • RedSparrows 4 Oct 2012 14:42:52 22,779 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What in actual fuck? Is this conversation really happening?
  • Page

of 6 First / Last