The World of Warcraft thread Page 365

• Page

of 373 First / Last

• RedSparrows 3 May 2013 11:02:26 22,070 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GW2's abilities etc get much easier to control the more you play. Your character is so customisable, is grand.
  • graysonavich 29 May 2013 10:40:38 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Venturebeat broke the news earlier today that Titan has been "reset" and will be delayed until at least 2016. The decision was announced to employees a couple of days ago and sources close to the project gave us more details on the subject:

Blizzard felt that Titan wasn't going in the right direction and decided to make significant technological and design changes to the game. This happened in the past with Starcraft and Warcraft 3.
    A smaller dev team will be in charge of redesigning the project and about 60 or 70 developers are being moved to other teams (WoW, Blizzard All-Stars, Diablo 3 expansion, Battle.net)

Blizzard didn't officially comment on the subject yet, hopefully this is a step in the right direction and Titan won't have the same fate as Starcraft: Ghost.
    o_0
  • teamHAM 30 May 2013 00:07:38 2,765 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think that can only be seen as a good thing.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Fydria 30 May 2013 07:54:22 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Normally I dabble back into WoW when a patch is released, but I haven't even been tempted this time round. *twitch*
  • Mekanik 30 May 2013 13:36:29 3,442 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    having done a lot of pvp over the years the changes this patch are strange.

Random bg`s (where i do most of my pvp) seem to have become utter dross. Healers are invicible until oom, which at least happens now. Some classes still seem able to lock you out till dead and others you can swat away like a small fly. i understand what blizzard are trying to do but it just doesnt seem to be working quite right yet.

Arenas, which i normally hate, have actually been more fun than normal.

I have no idea why. More playing is required i suppose.

Story wise i havent had a chance to check any of it out yet before work dragged me off to norway......maybe the wifi in this room will be good oenough.
  • graysonavich 7 Jun 2013 11:20:22 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Patch 5.4 - Flexible Raid Preview
    Patch 5.4 will add a a new raid difficulty:

Bring anywhere from 10 to 25 people to your raid and the difficulty will automatically scale.
    Works with battletags, so you can bring friends from other realms.
    Item level of loot is between Raid Finder and Normal and loot is awarded with the Raid Finder style loot system.
    Separate lockout from Raid Finder and Normal, allowing you to do all three difficulties.
    o_o

EG guild was 6 years too early.
  • RedSparrows 7 Jun 2013 11:35:19 22,070 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scaling eh? That's... nice, I guess?

Not sure I'd enjoy such a thing though. PUG raids were always a joke, and rightly so.
  • graysonavich 7 Jun 2013 11:40:30 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trying to jump on the openraid bandwagon I guess.
  • Mekanik 7 Jun 2013 21:33:01 3,442 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Scaling eh? That's... nice, I guess?

Not sure I'd enjoy such a thing though. PUG raids were always a joke, and rightly so.
    Hmm. I think this means you could basically, instead of doing lfr, do a raid with guildies and mates of any number and gain in between loots.

Sounds pretty good actually.
  • teamHAM 8 Jun 2013 09:04:43 2,765 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a great change, and yet already the tidal wave of QQ'ers has begun in the "community".

Sigh, the players of today simply don't know how good they have got it. Having some of these features that are available now would have made the vanilla game a much better experience.

• Roddles 8 Jun 2013 14:54:20 1,779 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shame the content and progression path is balls and confusing now though. I don't think we ever had it better than WotLK personally.
  • RedSparrows 9 Jun 2013 14:47:34 22,070 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vanilla or nothing!
  • M83J01P97 9 Jun 2013 15:03:59 6,552 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, if you aren't a regular playing of WoW now a days, you might as well give up trying to do anything end game related. There are just so many different requirements you have to meet in order to keep up to date with the game and that just kind of kills any kind of casual enjoyment I used to get from the game to be honest.

I also feel Blizz went a little too far down the 'giving players stuff to do' avenue with MOP, there are almost too many dailies and rep grinding quests to do all of which ultimately lead to different things, some of which are geared towards end game, but others are not, so it's hard to tell which you should be actively doing in order to keep up...

None of this means WoW is terrible now a days at all, it's still one of the best, most polished and (when it works) enjoyable MMO's available. But it's really starting to show it's age now a days and getting more than a little bloated on it's own success.
  • RedSparrows 9 Jun 2013 15:08:20 22,070 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When I was playing they seemed to be reducing requirements - i.e. removing attunements (and some rep grinds), lowering raid cap, increasing the possibilities of PUG raids, etc. Has it all been replaced with yet more rep grinding?
  • M83J01P97 9 Jun 2013 15:16:42 6,552 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well getting into raids and heroic dungeons both pre-made and PUG means you have to reach a certain iLevel with your gear, meaning you need to either grind rep and token to buy gear from special vendors if you aren't at the right level to enter one of the lower ranked dungeons/raids.

As much as I can understand why it would break the game... I would love to see a system in place that let you just enter dungeons and raids with as little or as many people as you like without worrying about all having specific high level gear and having an exact number of healers and tanks and so on...

Just make the game a little more casual friendly basically. By all means keep all the grindy/challenging stuff that a lot of people like, but don't limit the end game content to only those people.

I'm quite happy to see people flying about on their elite armoured mounts that only drop from specific bosses, if casual people can also get a chance to enjoy fighting those bosses as well without the high end rewards.
  • RedSparrows 9 Jun 2013 15:18:09 22,070 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do remember the iLevel thing - idiots saying 'you can't do this 5 man because you're 10 points below my arbitrary criterion'.
  • M83J01P97 9 Jun 2013 15:22:53 6,552 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, basically everything end game revolves around that now.
  • graysonavich 9 Jun 2013 15:23:03 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They keep saying LFR are for casual players, but if you hit 90 now you have to farm the balls out of 5 mans, hoping to get the exact one you need to that's going to drop that last bit of loot you need to unlock the ilevel requirement for LFR, and hope that the 4 other fuckers aren't going to roll on it too.

Then when you finally do unlock LFR1 and LFR2 you're going to be stuck in 30min+ queues hoping to get a fresh run. You're then going to hope that every boss drops everything you need in under a month before you can unlock LFR2 and LFR3. Rinse, repeat for another month+ until you're finally ready to see current content in LFR.

It's a bullshit glass ceiling that's killing off anyone who doesn't have the time or energy to commit to playing all day every day.
  • teamHAM 9 Jun 2013 15:29:56 2,765 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair now it's a little easier to get up to the LFR range of gear from a freshly dinged 90. For 1250VP you can get a 522 neck with only a neutral rep requirement (ie you just discover the NPC then you can buy). And one weekly quest chain will net you a piece of 489 gear plus a pair of 502 boots. These three combined together with the odd bit of gear from 5 mans and you will be good to go. If you go back to say 5.1 none of this was available which without doubt slowed down the gearing up process significantly.

• graysonavich 9 Jun 2013 15:55:45 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My point is more that the ilevel unlocks are retarded. Just because SEPHIROTHDEATHKILLER guy has a couple of higher ilevel bits, doesn't stop a) him afk autoattacking or b) me beating him on DPS because I know what I'm doing.

The ilevel requirement for near on 1 year old content doesn't seem to help anyone. It's just there because it's there and fuck you if you have a job and cant commit to a raid guild.
  • Mekanik 9 Jun 2013 16:02:51 3,442 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not only that its so bloody easy if you get the tokens to get bonus rolls on bosses. Loot drops have been increased in the pre-throne of thunder raids so gearing an alt is seriously piss easy, and thats without considering crafted items or pvp items.

Even for a casual wow hands out stupid amounts of free gear.

There is not much need to do normal or heroic throne of thunder raides (the latest raid tier) because the lfr ones, once unlocked, give decent gear out.

If you like pvp you can even use your pve gear now and everythng above 496 ilvl is brought in to line so almost everyone has the same stuff.

Super easy to keep up with gear (i raid normals and work prevents me being online a decent amount yet i still keep up no problems).

Its quite open to doing what you enjoy doing in a game. If its rep grinds you can do that (or cheat it by killing certain mobs that drops rep tokens). If its quests do that, there are loads. If its pvp there are arenas or organised (rated) bg`s or good old random bg`s. dungeons and raids are easy to get in to - just roll a healer or a tank and its instant pewpew.

Edit: Grays. I work full time and play pretty casual overall but have 2 90`s. One is full normal raid geared and full top tier pvp gear. The other easily has gear for all the lfr stuff without me having put almost any effort in at all. And i dont play stupid amounts of time (On occassion Mrs Mek has shouted at me though...). If you cant play a couple hours a week then theres no way you can expect to have anythingt to qualify for raids.

Although i do agree that there are loads of idiots in lfr. The trick is to try to do them all in the first few days after reset when all the "raiders" are going. Sat onwards is just hell on earth. Although fun if you like winding up all the kiddies.

Edited by Mekanik at 16:07:02 09-06-2013
  • graysonavich 9 Jun 2013 16:05:46 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're not seeing the forest for the trees but I agree that once you're up and running and nicely geared it is fairly easy to get more smaller item upgrades.
  • Mekanik 9 Jun 2013 16:07:58 3,442 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh i agree it has plenty of flaws. However there is a reason its still the most popular mmo out there by a long way. Most of the stuff they do they do right.
  • graysonavich 9 Jun 2013 16:10:40 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Definitely! I'm just sad that the game doesn't evolve with my lack of time and tolerance :)
  • M83J01P97 9 Jun 2013 16:15:59 6,552 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Same with me, I used to spend hours upon hours playing WoW, but as time (and life) has moved on I couldn't possibly devote the same amount of time to the game, and unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if Blizzard seem to care too much about those of us who can only spare two or three hours to the game.

Which is far enough in a way I guess... they make just as much money from the money who spend their life in the game as those of us who don't.

But I do think they could make a few steps towards opening up some aspects of the game which a lot of people will not get a chance to see.
  • f311 9 Jun 2013 17:03:16 245 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Same with me, I used to spend hours upon hours playing WoW, but as time (and life) has moved on I couldn't possibly devote the same amount of time to the game, and unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if Blizzard seem to care too much about those of us who can only spare two or three hours to the game.

Which is far enough in a way I guess... they make just as much money from the money who spend their life in the game as those of us who don't.

But I do think they could make a few steps towards opening up some aspects of the game which a lot of people will not get a chance to see.
    You are kidding right? That's one of the main reasons I quit playing, I couldn't possibly devote the time I used to anymore but when I quit EVERYONE could see content with little effort, same with gear, it took hardly any effort to get fully epic.

I remember spending hours upon hours in tbc trying to clear one heroic, now its just all steamrolled, collect your points and buy an epic. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but they have made MASSIVE strides to cater to people who can't dedicate alot of time to the game.

Edited by f311 at 17:04:19 09-06-2013
  • Roddles 26 Jul 2013 08:46:10 1,779 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No King rules forever, my son.
  • Mekanik 26 Jul 2013 09:14:48 3,442 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yarr, cause 7.7 million subs is pretty poor.

The other side of that is Vivendi now owning less shares. Good for blizzard I guess.
  • Roddles 26 Jul 2013 09:19:25 1,779 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nobody's pretending they're still not the top dog. It's quite obviously a trend which has been here since mid Cataclysm two years ago though.

Infact that's down from 2010's 12 million strong playerbase down to 7.7 million. That's a huge amount of subscribers to lose in under just 3 years.

The game is has less subscribers now than when The Burning Crusade launched back in January 2007.

Edited by Roddles at 09:28:42 26-07-2013
  • M83J01P97 26 Jul 2013 09:28:48 6,552 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopefully it will give them the kick they need to either speed up production of Titan or consider changing WoW. I genuinely think they should cut their looses and kjust go F2P right through everything up to the current expansion.

Edited by M83J01P97 at 09:29:18 26-07-2013
  • Page

of 373 First / Last