Still loving this game.

My characters:

Errol (on Woodman)

maxkeiser (on Miller)

ErrolKOTV (on Miller)
  • SnipeyUK 7 Jan 2014 19:18:44 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    orpheus how is ubad doing membership wise? I've been back on a few times in the past couple of weeks and have only seen two or three other members of the outfit on at once at most.

Are the days of a full ubad squad long gone?

I'm trying out more of the vehicles at the moment (specifically the lightning tank) as even though I've been playing for over a year I've hardly used them… It’s been good fun.

Edited by SnipeyUK at 19:39:40 07-01-2014
  • orpheus 7 Jan 2014 20:08:11 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @SnipeyUK

Yeah, it's quieter these days. Some nights we'll have half a squad, but we've lost a few to burnout and a few more to other games, and RL, and all the usual stuff. I'm working more now so I'm on less too, but I'm still around. If I'm on and you don't get a squad invite within a minute or two of logging in, send me a tell or shout in outfit channel - sometimes I miss the login notifications if shit's kicking off!

We're still in the shared TS, so if there's few or no bads on you can always hop in TS and look for a group, nearly everyone in that channel is in PS2. If there's more than four or five you can pretty much guarantee they've got a squad up, and ISK are running platoons lately too, so there's plenty of cool stuff still to do. :)

RL is RL and other games will come and go, it's life. :D UBAD will still be there for returning players, no matter how long they're gone. We don't recruit in-game, so we don't grow much. I've been thinking about changing that, but because I'm busier now I can't take on quite so much as I did when we started up (more even, as it would basically mean running public squads with in-game voice - *shudder*).

It's been over a year though, which I often forget. I'm actually pretty impressed we still have actives at all, considering we rarely accrue new players. Will give recruitment some more thought ;)

Edit: will be on tonight, but not til around 9.

Edited by orpheus at 20:21:38 07-01-2014
  • SnipeyUK 7 Jan 2014 21:25:17 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, I haven't played much myself the past 4 months but am enjoying the past few days of ps2, there was a good vanu alert victory last night and it's been fun running with the ISK guys a couple of times the past week.

Just a shame several of the core group are no longer around or not around at the same time, but as you say I suppose times change!
  • orpheus 8 Jan 2014 18:23:13 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @SnipeyUK

Yeah it happens, can't be worrying about it, and I always expected it. Important thing is that the relationships the outfit has formed allows all members access to regular squad/platoon level play - even if it's not a UBAD leading. Even that wouldn't have been possible without such good & friendly members, so all bads should be proud of that :)

If you're playing a bit more regularly, you could add me on Steam - you might catch me a bit more often that way. PM if you want the ID. Will always do what I can to help bads get in the game!
  • DUFFKING 8 Jan 2014 18:38:53 7,091 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Population feels like it's been really high on Woodman lately, solid fights on Esamir and Amerish when I've been on.

Burned out on HA lately, Auraxiumed the SVA88 and NS15, Have 700 or so with the Orion, LSW and Ursa. Been playing more LA and Infiltrator instead - been having fun with the Nyx, it's surprisingly good.
  • Bleh 9 Jan 2014 12:44:55 240 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is it worth getting the new nanoweave for my medic?
  • SnipeyUK 9 Jan 2014 19:46:23 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Bleh

NW can be good for a medic with the self-heal as well to make you survive a bit longer. I personally use the advanced shield capacitor after the recent changes so I can get back out healing people and into the fight quicker.
  • DUFFKING 9 Jan 2014 20:43:22 7,091 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Bleh The effective health is still the same, you just don't get any resistance to headshots / explosives anymore. Still pretty useful.
  • Bleh 10 Jan 2014 20:44:25 240 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks, need to give it some more thought still a bit indecisive.
  • orpheus 11 Jan 2014 19:50:03 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Great tutorial by Wrel, for anyone new or thinking of trying it out:

• RedSparrows 16 Jan 2014 19:32:21 22,030 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saul, can I have your Steam ID?
  • Errol 16 Jan 2014 20:13:28 12,455 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There is no other game like PS2. Nothing on this scale. It has no real competition.

For new players, take a look at Wrel's new player guide - there's a new player kit bonus available as well:

Edited by Errol at 20:14:45 16-01-2014
  • Errol 16 Jan 2014 20:15:19 12,455 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bleh wrote:
    Is it worth getting the new nanoweave for my medic?
    I use nanoweave exclusively on ALL my characters. lvl 5 mostly.
  • Syrette 16 Jan 2014 20:19:03 43,063 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey guys check out this tutorial

• orpheus 17 Jan 2014 17:55:27 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So hey guys apparently there's this great tutorial... o_0
  • orpheus 17 Jan 2014 17:57:08 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All mickey-taking aside, PS2 actually got new content yesterday for the first time since shit was shelved to solve the performance issues. The ESF update added new weapons and cert lines, along with some rebalancing and other game tweaks. Anyone interested in flying should give it a go!

Edit: will be on tonight if any bads are about!

Edited by orpheus at 18:16:07 17-01-2014
  • SnipeyUK 19 Jan 2014 19:09:07 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We had 11 UBAD’s in a squad for a time yesterday, turning back the NC hordes :)
  • RedSparrows 20 Jan 2014 10:46:37 22,030 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Awww I missed it! :(
  • Widge Moderator 20 Jan 2014 10:48:18 13,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really need SteamPad to come along. The main thing keeping me from playing on this is faffing around with a mouse on my sofa.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• SnipeyUK 20 Jan 2014 12:30:50 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RedSparrows

Had 10 UBAD's last night as well in the TVA platoon. Here's hoping it's not just because of the double xp :)
  • orpheus 20 Jan 2014 18:57:04 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Double xp was a factor for sure, but there's a few old faces returning, and a few new ones, so ubad is definitely getting busier! Good time to be playing :)

Edit: I've sent steam IDs to those who've asked, but because I don't run PS2 through steam I sometimes forget to log in. I'm trying to make more of an effort so ubads can catch me out of game, but the quickest way is always to load up the client and see who's on. One of our members (Skrittak) is helping me out with SL duties when I'm not around, so don't forget to shout in outfit channel for invites!

Edited by orpheus at 18:58:44 20-01-2014
  • SnipeyUK 20 Jan 2014 19:25:41 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @orpheus

Thanks orpheus, I've sent the friends request now. You can also check to see who's on in the whole outfit in the players section of the ps2 website: UBAD.

I'll defiantly be on more now as it's the only game for the past year that I actually want to play in large stints so I've joined as a member again. Just need to choose what to spend my 9k certs on now my lightning is certed up - I mostly run with AP, even on AI duties as it's just one shot to kill and when you go up against other lightning’s they generally run HE or Viper giving me an advantage…

It's either cert up the Max or Mag next.
  • orpheus 20 Jan 2014 19:44:32 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @SnipeyUK

Cool, didn't even think about the website. Top idea Snipey! Favourite that link and then you can see in a click who's online. :)

9k certs... Oh man how would I spend 9k certs... Magrider is a good shout (max Rival/Racer, NAR or Front Armour, Smoke & Fire Suppression and Saron/PPA/Halberd - weapons in that order).

Would leave the Harasser tbh, at least for now. Lightning Viper had a buff and tears infantry a new one better than HE these days (pretty scary for tanks too, not quite HEAT but still a good whack with all 6 rounds), so you're sorted there.

If you're short on infantry certs you could easily lose a few thousand in suit slots to suit your preference. Max medic revive/area heal and engi tool are a must of course (esp. medic for massive cert whoring).

MAX are pretty good these days, but ZOE is a shadow of its former self and is pretty much a waste of certs now, even at max rank. Avoid. Go max flak & kinetic armour (you _will_ need both, but get flak first if you're short), then a few ranks of Charge ability. Weapon-wise, the other Comet arm and at least one high ROF AI set are now 250 certs; Comet is an absolute must for short-mid range AV. Lancers are the mid-long AV option and are ok, great at mid range but utterly useless against infantry (unlike the TR/NC versions). They fist tanks and MAXes, but that's about it. Very very situational. Also expensive.

Blueshift is arguably the best AI as it has the most accuracy and no damage-drop off, and is usable out to ranges of 50-60m (everything else is shit past 25 or so), but they'll run you 1k certs each, or 700 SC, so they're pricey. Worth it though.

Few certs in a scythe wouldn't be a bad idea, we fly a fair bit these days. New Coyote missiles are low damage, but very noob friendly.

As always, test everything in VR Training before laying out, unless you're really sure. :)

Edited by orpheus at 19:47:31 20-01-2014
  • SnipeyUK 20 Jan 2014 20:16:43 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @orpheus

Cheers for the tips, I'm sorted for infantry as it's mostly been what I've been using exclusively for the past year+ other than infil (ironically given my username here :)) and maybe replacing some suit slots because of the nanoweave refund where I didn't already have flak.

I know you like the MAX suit as I’m always running around repairing it! :D In the past I've only used it for bursters so I’ll look at the AI options.

My Scythe is certed as well, though I may change to auto-repair now. I also have an uncerted lib with a dalton and tank buster.
  • orpheus 21 Jan 2014 00:06:22 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Scythe: max NAR, fire suppression, hover frame, saron is the new thing. ppa also a beast with thermal/racer/ab tanks. mag size on errything.

Lib: max Precision & High-G (your preference first), Afterburners and tankbuster. dalton/shredder/zephyr in that order. shredder really lives up to the name now and is a close tie for first place (mag size + reload + zoom/thermal). ammo, reload and thermal/zoom for Dalton. thermal + ammo + reload on zeph.

Edited by orpheus at 00:08:23 21-01-2014
  • RedSparrows 21 Jan 2014 10:26:45 22,030 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had one of those crashes I have last night. I really don't get it: I think it's heat related, but my fan is huge, the case is clean, the game isn't running at max (nowhere near)... boo! Would a GPU help by taking strain off the combined CPU/GPU, or do you think that'd just add to the heat problems? It's bloody annoying. Half tempted to get a fan and take the side of the case off and see how that works. Dust ahoy!
  • orpheus 21 Jan 2014 18:00:19 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I had one of those crashes I have last night. I really don't get it: I think it's heat related, but my fan is huge, the case is clean, the game isn't running at max (nowhere near)... boo! Would a GPU help by taking strain off the combined CPU/GPU, or do you think that'd just add to the heat problems? It's bloody annoying. Half tempted to get a fan and take the side of the case off and see how that works. Dust ahoy!
    I saw the 'Grrr' in outfit channel, really sorry to hear that chap!

K, let's think about what could be causing it. What system specs you running? Your message seems to say it's an onboard GPU, which could well be the source of the trouble. As for heat, have you tried running RealTemp or something like that while the game is running? What temp does it peak at?

One way or the other, we'll get you up & running :)

Edit: just thought, if you can get in TS one night we could chat about it - might be quicker than typing it all. I'll be on tonight, so if you see me, shout and we'll nip off into another channel for some troubleshooting.

Edited by orpheus at 18:02:08 21-01-2014
  • RedSparrows 21 Jan 2014 19:04:32 22,030 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah can get on TS. There's some pretty obvious solutions presenting themselves to me, but be good to hear what you think.
  • orpheus 21 Jan 2014 19:19:41 993 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RedSparrows

kk will be on from 8 or so, will keep an eye (ear?) out for you!
  • Page

of 63 First / Last