Planetside 2 Page 45

• Page

of 65 First / Last

• Duffking 2 May 2013 21:57:31 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Decided to try sticking laser sights on and removing compensators from the NS-11C/A and NS-15M. The carbine gets a hipfire thats basically like a SMG, same for the AR, and the NS15 as basically the best LMG hipfire by a MILE.
  • Bleh 3 May 2013 11:25:28 248 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This week I haven't had a good fight at all. Played during daytime but mostly fighting against 5 people or the other way around trying to defend with 5 man. Trying different location but to no good. It felt pretty empty and that's the first time I felt that. Even bio labs and large bases battles where just empty.
  • Duffking 3 May 2013 11:31:09 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had that problem last week but this week I've had spectacular battles every night. On Woodman.
  • Bleh 3 May 2013 12:01:36 248 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm on Miller. After yesterdays GU8 it was a bit better but not much.
  • TheRealBadabing 3 May 2013 18:30:14 1,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Some of you may get a message in game about a "Loyal Soldier" bundle. Some nice looking free camos.

Make sure you only redeem it on your main character as it is a one-shot deal.
  • Duffking 3 May 2013 22:48:52 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah a purple Vanu camo that doens't look like shit! Whatever next :D

Hope they keep rolling these member benefits out, would be nice.

Edited by DUFFKING at 22:49:11 03-05-2013
  • Duffking 4 May 2013 14:39:32 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/399118814?t=29m47s

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude
  • orpheus 4 May 2013 14:44:48 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Some of you may get a message in game about a "Loyal Soldier" bundle. Some nice looking free camos.

Make sure you only redeem it on your main character as it is a one-shot deal.
    That bundle also includes a title and a free month's premium membership. Not bad all told!

Edited by orpheus at 16:25:15 04-05-2013
  • Fydria 4 May 2013 18:11:56 562 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I played this for a few hours last night with a mate. Just wow, it just always feels so constantly epic. What are the advantages to ranking up, do you do more damage or..?
  • orpheus 4 May 2013 19:53:42 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fydria wrote:
    I played this for a few hours last night with a mate. Just wow, it just always feels so constantly epic. What are the advantages to ranking up, do you do more damage or..?
    Increasing your battle rank gives you new titles. Every action in the game gives you XP - 250 XP = 1 Certification point. Certs are spent to buy new weapons, new scopes, silencers, vehicle equipment & weapons - pretty much everything in the game.

If you're just starting out, we do have a Vanu Sovereignty outfit on Miller - you're very welcome to join us. Add 'Saul' in game as a friend, and when you see me log on, use /tell Saul to say hello & ask for invites. :)
  • Duffking 5 May 2013 03:12:01 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fydria wrote:
    Nah, you earn 1 cert point for every 250xp. Most default weapons etc you get are pretty good, VS/NC guns especially. Forward Grips/Compensators add bonuses but otherwise its up to you where you spend your certs.

Lately I've been building my HA/LA classes. My favoured HA loadout now is:

NS-15M/Laser Sight/SoftPoint Ammo/NS|HV Scope (best hipfire of any LMG)
    Grenade Bandolier (Max Level)
    Concussion Grenade (x3)
    Lancer (Because lets be honest, vanu got fucked over initially but now the Lancer is easily the best rocket launcher in the game)
    Comissioner
    Maxed Adrenaline shield (crap at low levels but at level 4/5 its a straight upgrade vs the regular shield)

Absolutely kicks ass. Also been running LA with NS-11C/Laser/Softpoint/NV, Maxed JetPack, 2xC4. NS weapons are incredible with no compensator/softpoint/laser. Theyre controllable enough that not having a grip/compensator doesnt matter and are still excellent hipfire/good long range...

Had some fun defending Auraxis Firearms on Amerish as an LA jepacking about under the bridge, popping up and killing/C4ing people then disappering. Hit BR50 this week. Can't believe it's been so many months already since I signed up.
  • orpheus 5 May 2013 03:20:20 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, the NS weapons are pretty decent. I run Lasher/Lancer almost exclusively on my HA nowadays, going for the Auraxium medal on the Lasher. 650 kills to go :/

2 C4 is so essential on the LA. So many tanks, so many Sunderers... :D Time does fly too, it's a corker of game.
  • Duffking 9 May 2013 10:40:41 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't kill shit with the Lasher. Way too situational for me.
  • orpheus 12 May 2013 15:42:40 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    I can't kill shit with the Lasher. Way too situational for me.
    Lasher is tricky to use but devastating when done well. First - it's not an LMG, don't use it like one. You can solo with it, but you should be at the back of the fight as a support unit, suppressing corners and splashing groups.

Once you get two or three of you with one, working as a tight unit, you destroy everything. It's great for improving small squad cohesion - to do it well, the three of you need to stay together at all times and focus fire targets. Get in high places, look for vantage points, then unleash as a group and hose them. Three Lashers on a doorway and even MAXes die in a few seconds - nothing gets through.

No drop & decent range before (direct) damage falloff (splash remains the same regardless of range) make it surprisingly effective at distance once you learn the lead-times. Avoid 1v1s as you will lose.
  • El_MUERkO 12 May 2013 15:45:51 17,146 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Went back in for the first time in a few weeks. The render distance fucks me over more than anything else. Population continues to drop. Not looking good.
  • Widge Moderator 12 May 2013 18:50:02 13,743 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hope it doesn't die as it is the game that I want to jump back into and play whenever I fancy. Doesn't deserve to die.

I bet we'll see a spike once the new continent is launched though.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Duffking 12 May 2013 23:13:04 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It'll be fine once the Lattice system is implemented. Won't be such a thing as an undefended base then.
  • Progguitarist 13 May 2013 12:08:18 10,537 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Now that things have settled down a bit for me, I'm looking to get back into this.

Are you guys still running with UBAD?
  • orpheus 13 May 2013 14:14:37 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Progguitarist

Yeah UBAD is still going strong, usually run a full squad every night and we work with other Vanu now as part of an alliance for platoon-scale stuff. Your character will still be a member (unless you left of your own accord, I've not kicked anyone), so you should be able to login & shout up in outfit channel for squad invs as usual. We use TS3 now instead of Vent, so install that if you've not already. :)

@Shikasama

Medic is a great way to start out, easily the best way to earn good starting xp. Put some certs into the revive tool and nano-heal, follow the big fights and whore revives for good xp on top of any kills/captures.

I've said it before, but really, to get the most out of this game, you need to be playing with an organised group. Within a week of running with a (good) outfit, you'll understand why the battles are being fought, and why they succeed or fail. I've a shit memory so apologies if this offer has already been made, but roll Vanu on Miller and add 'Saul' as a friend in game (me) to hook up with UBAD. It really is a whole different game. :)
  • Progguitarist 13 May 2013 15:08:03 10,537 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, didn't leave. I will check out TS3. Hope it's easier to set up than Vent was...ARGH!
  • orpheus 13 May 2013 18:06:30 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    No, didn't leave. I will check out TS3. Hope it's easier to set up than Vent was...ARGH!
    Yeah TS3 is a ton easier. Download, install, create new bookmark, enter info, done.
  • Tiger_Walts 14 May 2013 11:28:59 16,631 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Harassers are fun but using them follows the pattern:

- Drive 50ft
    - Hit a pebble
    - Roll over
    - Fail to hit 'E' and eject within 5 milliseconds
    - Die in the explosion

Weapons platform could do with a bit of stabilization too. Hitting a moving target with a rocket from a moving platform is hard enough without all the shaking on top.

Also, the base respawn time for them is way too high.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• orpheus 14 May 2013 18:02:55 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Weapons platform could do with a bit of stabilization too. Hitting a moving target with a rocket from a moving platform is hard enough without all the shaking on top.
    Pretty sure that's the same shaky-bug currently present on tank turrets and Liberator gunner slots. Something to do with the movement interpolation or something, it was altered in GU08 and they've been trying to fix it since. Gunning for a high-alt Lib is almost impossible as a result :( SOE posts indicate it should be fixed in GU09.
  • Progguitarist 14 May 2013 22:27:56 10,537 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lol...I think my Planetside days are over. Logged in tonight and I hadn't a bulls notion what I was doing.

All the more confusing listening in on Teamspeak.
  • orpheus 15 May 2013 01:42:38 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    lol...I think my Planetside days are over. Logged in tonight and I hadn't a bulls notion what I was doing.

All the more confusing listening in on Teamspeak.
    heh you'll get it, give it a couple days with us and you'll be up to speed. :D
  • Duffking 16 May 2013 12:45:44 7,561 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dumped a ton of certs into my harasser yesterday. Composite armour, M40 Fury, Shield Diffuser, scrapper chassis. Had an outfit member jump in and proceeded to terrorise infantry.
  • Tiger_Walts 16 May 2013 13:35:10 16,631 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    orpheus wrote:

Pretty sure that's the same shaky-bug currently present on tank turrets and Liberator gunner slots. Something to do with the movement interpolation or something, it was altered in GU08 and they've been trying to fix it since. Gunning for a high-alt Lib is almost impossible as a result :( SOE posts indicate it should be fixed in GU09.
    Thought it might have been a bug. I get the shakes, but when we swap seats it's fine for the other player. The Liberator belly gun did it intermittently, The Harasser gun does it all the time. I think it's client-side receiving movement data and not dealing with it with enough fidelity.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• Progguitarist 17 May 2013 12:10:13 10,537 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had bags of fun last night.

Cheers Orpheus for the tutorial :)

It all makes sense again!
  • urban 17 May 2013 12:26:07 11,068 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @orpheus how is it possible you've only had 770 posts?
  • Page

of 65 First / Last