Tales of Graces F Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 16:15:05 2,819 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I loved Xillia. Almost as much as Vesperia, which is probably my favourite jRPG this gen.

Yep, everything carries over, so you might be alright - I think I was in the low-sixties when I finished the main game and about mid-sixties when I got to the end of the epilogue - I really did want to get through it quick!

Yeah, I think so. I've played Abyss, Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia and most of Eternia and think Graces is the weakest by a long chalk. I have seen people say they preferred it to both Vesperia and Xillia, and I know everyone has differing opinions and all, but I just can't get my head around that. I enjoyed the battle system (and quite liked what they did with titles), but I found the characters, environments, story and cut-and-paste dungeons all a bit under par.

The epilogue also suffers from poor dungeon design (and the final dungeon is very long), but I do think it's worth doing.

I'm really looking forward to Symphonia - a mate told me to buy a copy when it came out on GC, as he thought I'd like it, and I ignored him :( The only problem is I've seen the anime, so know what to expect. You have a 3DS, right? Abyss is well worth getting too.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• TheMayorOfJugs 5 Feb 2014 16:35:28 3,033 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well, thanks for all that info, can't wait to get stuck into the epilogue tonight.

My wallet hates you :-D Gonna have to start acquiring all the Tales games I'd say.

Have a 3ds yeah, could've gotten Abyss for a fiver in a closing down sale not so long ago, bit sickened but I'll find it cheap somewhere hopefully.
  • Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 17:08:56 2,819 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No problem. A friendly tip for you though: if you've not tried out Hubert in battle yet, I'd give him a run out so you know the basics of controlling him.

Sorry TheWalletOfJugs!

Ah, that's borderline criminal! Definitely worth grabbing a copy if you see one about.

• Wavey 5 Feb 2014 17:19:56 353 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any news on Xilla 2 at all?
  • Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 17:22:15 2,819 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not that I've seen, but I'd expect to see it in August.

• santashi 5 Feb 2014 22:59:57 5,044 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wasn't the Symphonia anime just OVAs though? Surely it would feel a bit rushed and miss things out at that pace? Although I guess it would have spoiled some of the twists for you. :/

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 23:02:50 2,819 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, it obviously leaves a lot out, but I'd imagine the salient points have been spoiled. I loved it though, so I'm looking forward to getting the full story.

• TheMayorOfJugs 5 Feb 2014 23:21:15 3,033 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Credits rolling, epilogue soon.

Why are Asbel and gingertits not together?
    This kind of romantic build up then cop out shit aggravates me.

Also, final boss was nails :'(

Edited by TheMayorOfJugs at 23:22:15 05-02-2014
  • Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 23:32:12 2,819 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Because AsbElvis is clueless.

Last boss... last boss... Oh yeah, Lambda. Yeah, he took me about three attempts, I think.

• TheMayorOfJugs 5 Feb 2014 23:40:35 3,033 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Haha Asbelvis? :-D Insight please?

Ya the first time I was unlucky because everyone kept getting petrified over and over, second time was tough but we got there.
  • Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 23:49:59 2,819 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    His default outfit looks like something a fantasy-land Elvis would wear.

Good stuff. You'll probably be back in here in a day or two swearing about the final final boss :D

• TheMayorOfJugs 17 Feb 2014 19:40:46 3,033 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Oh man...... Ror you were right, that boss was a sickness.....

And my trophies for finishing L and L didn't pop :(

Not even gonna bother attempting her again, 7 tries to win, I can try for the trophy some other day.

Enjoyed it very much, nice closure, and actual kind of implied carnal relations between both kind of implied couples.

(Would that make you happy Sophie? If me and Asbel and our kids and grandkids all had sex and you got to watch us die? Yay!..... I might be a bit bitter after that boss but that's how that scene seemed to me)

Definite 8/10, for the worst game in the series..... Can't wait for the rest :D

Tea, then Xillia!

\o/
  • Ror1984 17 Feb 2014 21:31:16 2,819 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You were warned! :p Imagine trying that boss at around level 65!

I much preferred the ending to L&L, as it actually has some closure.

Well, I mean, worst in my opinion. Like I said, I've seen others with the opposite opinion. But then I also can't understand that opinion.

Enjoy Xillia! Symphonia HD in eleven days!

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next