XBox 360 Dashboard Update and IE 2012 Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• oceanmotion 9 Sep 2012 16:33:25 15,770 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That would be HTML5. There is no flash. You can watch EG videos on your phone and they don't have flash, same with youtube and others.

Adobe doesn't even care about flash now, websites just have to move on, very slow process but will get there eventually.
  • Bauul 9 Sep 2012 18:50:40 136 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @oceanmotion Speak for yourself! My phone packs flash and all the trimmings!

But yes, Microsoft are dropping support for it now HTML5 has come along.
  • Deleted user 9 September 2012 19:33:13
    Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me. They seem to have made the font bigger, or clearer, and the greens deeper, but most of the changes I have (or haven't) noticed seem rather minor.
  • sanctusmortis 6 Oct 2012 10:32:14 9,627 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh. So it seems the new update's buggered my Kinect. Anyone else having Kinect issues? Getting error C00000C2 (issue with non-updated software or USB cable). Have followed all the steps, but nada. Used it not that long ago, too...
  • convercide 16 Oct 2012 09:25:41 5,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rolling out for everyone today.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Deleted user 17 October 2012 00:33:50
    Y'know, for a casual surf, I don't think the web browser's actually all that bad. I have no idea what Engadget was going on about - for me it's pretty fast and really smooth. It's a clean and reasonably intuitive layout and in that regard I much prefer it over the cluttered PS3 equivalent. It just needs quicker access to a forward button (why no shoulder buttons back and forth?), more video codecs and a better keyboard than the utterly shite one we have now, and it'd actually be a passable console web browser for lazy bastards on the sofa who prefer a much bigger screen over their phone's.

C'mon MS, sort your friggin' act out and at least make an effort you twats.
  • convercide 17 Oct 2012 16:47:53 5,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, so I know the update is out as my girlfriend got it yesterday, yet I've just switched my XBox on and erm... nothing. No update. Is this being staggered over several days?

EDIT: Doesn't matter, I'm a spaz. Just read this on Major Nelson.

"The 2012 Xbox LIVE update is beginning its rollout today and we expect all Xbox LIVE subscribers to have access to the update in the coming days."

Edited by convercide at 16:49:15 17-10-2012

• dancingrob 17 Oct 2012 18:28:46 1,158 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    had the update yesterday.

initial impression is it all looks far more cluttered.

Pinning sounds like it could be very useful, although I haven't actually bothered playing with it yet.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 18:52:29
    Is it any quicker? Just fired up my 360 and it took about a minute and a half just to start the Forza Horizon demo downloading.
  • SomaticSense 17 Oct 2012 19:32:39 8,117 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me. They seem to have made the font bigger, or clearer, and the greens deeper, but most of the changes I have (or haven't) noticed seem rather minor.
    They fixed a lot of the issues I had with the last update, to the point where it's the first time since NXE where it really feels like an improvement rather than a botchfest.

For example, the New Games section now splits Arcade game from GoD. The Indie Games section is right there in full view for everyone to see now, and not hidden in reams of sub-sub-sub menus. There aren't as many sub-menus in general, making it a bit easier to navigate than before. The My Games list loads up much quicker. The Games tab now takes greater precendence than the TV/Video and App tabs.

I think it's a massive improvement over the general lessening of ease of use that were the last couple of 'updates'.
  • J.C 17 Oct 2012 19:41:02 1,261 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Uk gets the update last then microsoft yes?
  • Gruff 17 Oct 2012 19:42:43 2,850 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got it yesterday and I'm in the UK, so I guess not

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• convercide 17 Oct 2012 19:46:54 5,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    J.C wrote:
    Uk gets the update last then microsoft yes?
    It's just random I think. As I said, my gf has it but I don't.

• 8bitMofo 17 Oct 2012 19:47:05 428 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The best thing about this update is the USB storage limit going from 16Gb to 32Gb.
  • nickthegun 17 Oct 2012 19:54:06 59,341 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Is it any quicker? Just fired up my 360 and it took about a minute and a half just to start the Forza Horizon demo downloading.
    Do you mean to navigate or boot? Because mine takes a fucking age just to turn on now.

Hats off to MS, though. They have managed to make a relatively intuitive and streamlined experience and make it into absolute vomit, to the point that if my xbox died tomorrow, I would fuck it off and soldier on with the PS3.

Yeah, thats how bad it is. The 360 is now a worse user experience than the PS3.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 17 October 2012 20:11:52
    To be fair, it already was after the last "Metro" update. I miss the blades.

To be quite honest though, I think this is at least a small improvement over the last update. The cleaner fonts look better anyway and um, er...
  • oceanmotion 17 Oct 2012 20:22:39 15,770 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, it seems to look bigger on the screen. Not sure what the point of pins are with the recent list unless you have about ten games on the go. Also feels like a tease, pin to the homepage, oh instead of ads!..no just a folder.

I don't particular hate the dashboard, I can do all I want to do without much fuss. Just Microsoft's attitude towards everything that is annoying and the dashboard is one big reminder of it.

They will be saving anything new for the next Xbox with just as many if not more ads but 3D. Live tiles from Windows 8/Phone I imagine. Ads in realtime. Kinect probably talks to you, would you like some doritos, coke, perhaps some lube before you sign up for Gold.

Edited by oceanmotion at 20:23:09 17-10-2012
  • morriss 17 Oct 2012 21:22:53 70,916 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Denmark hasn't got it yet.
  • GiarcYekrub 17 Oct 2012 23:06:12 3,722 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still haven't got it in UK
  • warlockuk 18 Oct 2012 01:26:18 19,142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is access to apps that let you use Netflix and Lovefilm etc still for gold members only (despite using Netflix' servers and your network connection)?

'cos that still seems bollocks :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Syrette 18 Oct 2012 01:43:38 43,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Boab wrote:
    Do you mean to navigate or boot? Because mine takes a fucking age just to turn on now.

Hats off to MS, though. They have managed to make a relatively intuitive and streamlined experience and make it into absolute vomit, to the point that if my xbox died tomorrow, I would fuck it off and soldier on with the PS3.

Yeah, thats how bad it is. The 360 is now a worse user experience than the PS3.
    The PS3 that just had to roll back to the previous PS Store because the new one was so messed up?

Not trying to be antagonistic/argumentative at all, but two things:

- Why does the dashboard bother you so much? Getting to your games and apps in particular is easy as it's ever been if you ask me, but to each their own.

- How much time have you spent on the latest dash? As others have said, it's an improvement and is more intuitive. I've had no problems finding anything but on first impressions I can empathise with those calling it a little cluttered.

Again not looking to antagonise.

• J.C 18 Oct 2012 11:50:41 1,261 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still no update. its weird because i dont really give a shit. i just feel left out!
  • ronuds 18 Oct 2012 15:11:15 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't have it yet either. I feel insulted, tbh.

Although, if it's going to make me vomit like that other guy, maybe I should be happy.
  • Gruff 18 Oct 2012 16:31:12 2,850 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cool kids get it first.

/Says bloke posting on a forum

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• lavalant 18 Oct 2012 17:29:39 1,271 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hate the way we don't get the option of Flash, sure it's buggy on occasion but it still kicks HTML5's arse and will continue to do so for years, it ruled the web for almost a decade and had a 99% pentration rate on, and legacy support is non existent on anything other than a PC.

'Lets just pretend it never existed' seems to be the attitude, Adobe should just open source it.
  • Deleted user 18 October 2012 17:39:22
    @nickthegun Yeah takes about 30 seconds just to get to the dash. It's become a fucking awful console to navigate. Even just trying to populate the "My Game" or whatever its called tab takes so long I barely bother playing anything on it now.

Total and utter pigs ear of a thing. I don't have much hope this new one will be a massive improvement.
  • Ultrasoundwave 18 Oct 2012 20:08:14 3,276 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Another UK chap who still hasn't had this fabled update.

/ Waves

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• davey_wells 18 Oct 2012 21:45:15 93 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can go into My Pins, but how the hell do you actually pin anything?? Feel like such a thicko but can't see a way of doing it.
  • davey_wells 18 Oct 2012 21:50:31 93 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been a numpty - found how to do it now
  • Mikeeeboy1 18 Oct 2012 22:09:46 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No update for me yet!?!?!?
    Microsoft had no love for me :(
  • Page

of 8 First / Last