• Flying_Pig 24 Sep 2013 12:49:12 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Help_me - thanks :)

/facepalm
  • Help_me 24 Sep 2013 12:55:53 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No problem. Took me a little while to figure it out too. That's the problem with not having a manual. I have not interest in reading the manual digitally when I can play the game. However, if it was a paper version I would have read it whilst on the loo or something!
  • Flying_Pig 24 Sep 2013 20:51:15 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One Covert contract down (second level), and stated another. Very tough - especially getting those back stabs - but worth it :)
  • Help_me 25 Sep 2013 00:04:45 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished the last covert on train back. Tough. Especially with six pints in me. Onto demolition now.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Sep 2013 14:06:57 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gah - Failed another Covery Contract because I don't get enough Backstab Kills :(

Any tips?
  • monkman76 26 Sep 2013 14:23:48 4,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not really, other than check at the start of the level how many you need, and keep a count in your head / keep checking the Select screen? It's pretty hard in fairness, I'm quite relieved it's not just me struggling :)

Are you wearing the stealth armour?
  • Flying_Pig 26 Sep 2013 14:31:32 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @monkman76 - yes, and I have the Ghost VAN-Guard as well. I have little difficulty getting everything else, including getting thorugh certain sections undetected.

I guess I'll have to keep trying...
  • Help_me 26 Sep 2013 14:58:49 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Use the ammo box and buy the vanguard back every time you finish using it. It's expensive but works out worthwhile.
  • monkman76 27 Sep 2013 08:31:48 4,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My turn to ask for help on covert missions... how do you get past the first big open area in mission 2 (where there are a couple of snipers higher up and then probably six footsoldiers)? I assume I need to get a good chunk of my backstabs here - but anywhere I kill them, their mates soon find them and it's game over.

I don't have the Ghost Vanguard unfortunately (not enough cash!).

Help!
  • monkman76 27 Sep 2013 10:02:34 4,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OK managed it. In the end I didn't need to backstab as many enemies in that section as I thought. Onto mission 3, and now I've got the Ghost Vanguard :)
  • Help_me 27 Sep 2013 10:10:36 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't remember exactly. Think you mean the bit in between the bombed out buildings. Sooo:

Knife the three guards as you enter the complex.

You should then see a sniper. If I remembers correctly one of the challenges is to headshot five of them, so headshot this guy. Would recommmend the silenced sniper rifle (think this is a requirement of the contract anyway?). Take out the other snipers at the top.
    By the time you have done that you may have a guard coming up the ramp. Hide, then knife. Keeps him away from sight that way. Then shoot the guard across the space between buildings when he is to the far right of the shop. Then the one slightly to the left, then I think there is one more outside the building you are in. You should be able to headshot most of these guards.
    Ghost helps but not essential - Although now I think about it that may be one of the challenges (to shoot snipers whilst cloaked)? I can't find the list of challenges so if you can post them up that would help (unless of course my guesses were correct)!

Edit: Ahh. You've done it! Left here for anyone else struggling unless I find out all my assumptions were wrong!

Edited by Help_me at 10:11:33 27-09-2013
  • monkman76 27 Sep 2013 10:13:51 4,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was:
    -backstab 10 enemies
    -headshot 5 snipers with the silenced sniper rifle
    - stealth through first section and later section

Having got the end once and realised I hadn't backstabbed enough enemies, I thought this time I needed to backstab the majority of the footsoldiers in that first section. In the end I didn't :)
  • Flying_Pig 27 Sep 2013 10:21:43 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Struggling to to the Covert contract on the first mission - section towards the end that you need to stealth through, where there are 2 fixed gun emplacements - my partner keeps showing up and triggering an alert :(

Poor scripting IMO
  • monkman76 27 Sep 2013 10:37:44 4,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Are you going immediately to the right and up the ramp to the upper level? If so you can headshot both gunners from there before your partner shows up. Timing is tight though.

And yeah in general I agree, sometimes enemies are alerted without you putting a foot wrong.

Edited by monkman76 at 10:38:14 27-09-2013
  • greenmekon 27 Sep 2013 10:42:28 170 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Im finding some of these missions really hard
  • Flying_Pig 27 Sep 2013 12:57:26 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @monkman76 - no, I'm actually coming at them from behind as I managed to open a side door in the previous room (Court Room).

I'll keep plugging away, although may give the Demolition or Precision contracts a go.
  • Kangoo 27 Sep 2013 13:01:41 1,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished the 3rd mission, when do the covert, demolition and precision contracts become available?

Great game so far, found the 3rd mission to be the easiest so far.

Are people struggling to get games online? Have been able to get onto 1 so far.

PSN: Adwab2

• Flying_Pig 27 Sep 2013 13:20:35 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Kangoo - completing the mission allows you to go back and select the Precision/Covert/Demolition contracts.

I'd recommend playing through to the end (9 missions?) and then heading back to take on the contracts.
  • Kangoo 27 Sep 2013 13:54:46 1,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Cool, thought I may have to do them all first anyway but wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something obvious.

• monkman76 27 Sep 2013 13:58:08 4,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    @monkman76 - no, I'm actually coming at them from behind as I managed to open a side door in the previous room (Court Room).

I'll keep plugging away, although may give the Demolition or Precision contracts a go.
    No way! Had no idea that route existed. The levels may be small but there really are multiple routes through them.

One other slight criticism of the design - having checkpoints every time you visit the arms dealer can sometimes leave you in a very tight spot, leaving little option but to start the level again.
  • Help_me 27 Sep 2013 14:36:48 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Kangoo On the multiplayer side. It doesn't seem to like it if you have had the application open in sleep mode and attempt to log onto multiplayer. I have had to completely close it down and re-open in order to get multiplayer games but it consistently logs on and works in those cases.
  • Help_me 27 Sep 2013 14:37:47 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:

No way! Had no idea that route existed. The levels may be small but there really are multiple routes through them.

One other slight criticism of the design - having checkpoints every time you visit the arms dealer can sometimes leave you in a very tight spot, leaving little option but to start the level again.
    It becomes evident when you do one of the other contracts and it requires you to go that way in order to complete one of the requirements.
  • Kangoo 27 Sep 2013 15:31:20 1,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Help_me

Thanks for the tip. I did wonder if that was part of the problem as the one game I got was after I loaded it up.
    Quite liked what I saw, managed to end up with an 8 kill streak before time ran out so please with that and have a positive K/D ratio.

• Help_me 27 Sep 2013 15:53:36 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, when you get on there it is great. Really well done by GG Cambridge.
  • Carlo 2 Oct 2013 09:40:42 17,992 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What really pisses me off about this game is if I'm mid-way through a level I can't save.

Yeah, put it in sleep mode and resume later I know.

BUT, it also means I can't play any of the other games I've got either!

Why did they do this!!! WHY!?!

(It's otherwise fucking excellent and I'm only on the 5th Chapter!)

PSN ID: Djini

• Kangoo 2 Oct 2013 09:51:23 1,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    What really pisses me off about this game is if I'm mid-way through a level I can't save.

Yeah, put it in sleep mode and resume later I know.

BUT, it also means I can't play any of the other games I've got either!

Why did they do this!!! WHY!?!

(It's otherwise fucking excellent and I'm only on the 5th Chapter!)
    I find that really annoying as well, you have to plan ahead when starting a new level which is silly.

Also hate the proximity mines on chapter 7, so annoying. Almost finished now so will go back and try the alternative mission playthroughs. Still amazed at how this is running on a Vita.

• Flying_Pig 2 Oct 2013 10:18:18 10,876 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My view in this has now aligned to a lot of the reviews - technically magnificant, but just OK gameplay wise. I'm finding it very frustrating now, as the limitations on the Precision/Covert/Demolition are just too restrictive.

I think I'll get the rest of the Intel and a few of the level-specific Trophies and then call it a day on this...
  • Deleted user 2 October 2013 10:25:08
    Just started playing this yesterday, first mission was going OK until that bloody point where you have to destroy the tank. Failed at several attempts, so I thought I'd leave the game and play something else for a while. What a cold shower when I returned to it and found out I had to start the whole mission over. I thought the game was saving automatically at those check points. Anyway, probably been lots of people here complaining about this "feature", otherwise an excellent game I'm liking it.
    Eh, forgot to mention I'm perplexed I can't go multiplayer via 3G as I have a 3G Vita... Would it consume so much data?

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 10:29:10 02-10-2013
  • monkman76 2 Oct 2013 10:26:18 4,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Flying_Pig I gave up after a few goes on the first Precision mission (time limits can do one), and haven't tried Demolition, but I've done 6 Covert missions and am enjoying the challenge - stick at it!
  • Help_me 2 Oct 2013 10:27:46 940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not finding the contracts too hard. What's hard is on a timed mission when the game saves six seconds before the time limit and you fail a challenege that requires another 60 seconds and you just keep returning to six seconds before. Very frustrating as you have to start all over!
  • Page

of 25 First / Last