Google Nexus Page 25

• Page

of 52 First / Last

• thefilthandthefury 4 Jan 2013 20:00:32 24,951 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Plague inc.
    Just picked this up based on your recommendation and instantly fell in love with it! It's a bit addictive though.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Jan 2013 20:37:33 3,853 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Pocket casts for podcasts as it works like a charm. Not free but worth every penny for being able to schedule update/downloads
    Do you ever have any problems with this? I have one podcast in particular which fails to download EVERY time. edit: This is on my HTC One V though...
    It seems to have an issue with video podcasts from game trailers but that could a restriction on game trailers part because I does the verge cast brilliantly.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• crashVoodoo 4 Jan 2013 20:39:55 3,853 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Plague inc.
    Just picked this up based on your recommendation and instantly fell in love with it! It's a bit addictive though.
    It is addictive. I was waiting for it ever since I read the news posting saying it was being developed and bought it day one. My most deadly virus was called ball ache.

Interesting news articles and info popups abound :-D

• crashVoodoo 4 Jan 2013 20:42:08 3,853 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Also, I love Pocket. It's brilliant I can just press a button to save an article I've seen on my PC so I can read it later at work on my Nexus.
    Knew I'd miss a big one from my list. This too. I have a bookmarklet on my work pc so when I find an article I want to read I just click the favourite and it adds it to pocket for later reading.

• crashVoodoo 4 Jan 2013 20:42:48 3,853 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Guess I'm spamming the thread a bit but fuck it ... Nexus 4 is on its way. Woohoo!!

• DodgyPast 5 Jan 2013 03:35:09 8,414 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Skifka combined a media server is a very nice streaming solution. Plays to MX player.
  • Tonka 5 Jan 2013 07:57:07 20,012 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Cloud storage is a must. I use both Dropbox and Pogoplug.
    What do you guys put in your cloud storage? I have drive, dropbox etc but I don't really know what to use them for.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• mrpon 5 Jan 2013 09:45:55 28,442 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have Dropbox linked to my phone/iPad so it automatically uploads photos. It'll also stream music as well. Plus I have personal docs I use at both home/work. Finally loads of work PDFs.

And some Android apk files, great way of transferring files from PC to devices without faffing with cables.

Couldn't live without the cloud.

Edited by mrpon at 09:47:32 05-01-2013

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• robthehermit 5 Jan 2013 10:05:37 3,970 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does Skydrive play nicely with android?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Pinky_Floyd 5 Jan 2013 10:28:53 7,395 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Does Skydrive play nicely with android?
    Skydrive doesnt even play nice with windows 8. I tried to use the windows 8 app and found it buggy, slow and prone to timeouts.
  • mikew1985 5 Jan 2013 13:27:42 12,589 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone got a recommendation for some sort of app to sync SMS between android phone and Google nexus?

Also my nexus automatically pulled down most of my apps when I logged in, which is fantastic but is there a way to sync some of the settings add well, eg. Save games?

Edited by mikew1985 at 14:33:31 05-01-2013
  • figgis 5 Jan 2013 13:55:31 7,383 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mike try dinamotxt for sms sharing, works fine with my nexus.
  • mikew1985 5 Jan 2013 14:43:05 12,589 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    figgis wrote:
    mike try dinamotxt for sms sharing, works fine with my nexus.
    Cheers figgis, seems to work really well.

Edit: and best of all it's free.

Edited by mikew1985 at 14:44:00 05-01-2013
  • crashVoodoo 5 Jan 2013 16:39:16 3,853 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    ...is there a way to sync some of the settings add well, eg. Save games?
    if you're rooted on both devices then yes there is, datasync. I mentioned it somewhere above.

Unfortunately if you're not rooted and saved games or settings are not stored on the sdcard then no.

• mikew1985 5 Jan 2013 17:55:20 12,589 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    ...is there a way to sync some of the settings add well, eg. Save games?
    if you're rooted on both devices then yes there is, datasync. I mentioned it somewhere above.

Unfortunately if you're not rooted and saved games or settings are not stored on the sdcard then no.
    I Generally the first thing I do is root but I quite fancy being able to use skygo on this so haven't yet.
  • Tonka 5 Jan 2013 19:07:13 20,012 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh my... I just been over to mycolorscreen.com

Mind. Blown.

• Trowel 5 Jan 2013 19:25:50 17,432 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonka wrote:

Mind. Blown.
    Sorry, but it's no comparison:
    http://iphone.appstorm.net/roundups/lifestyle-roundups/45-iphone-home-screens/
  • crashVoodoo 5 Jan 2013 19:32:46 3,853 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Tonka wrote:

Mind. Blown.
    I'm sure I posted links to these much earlier in this thread but yeah, it was a genuine lol moment as you read down the comments in that thread you can see when the android users turn up...

I just read a blog post/article yesterday of a complete apple fan swapping to android

Edited by crashVoodoo at 19:37:11 05-01-2013

• darrenb 5 Jan 2013 19:41:44 676 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    Tonka wrote:

Mind. Blown.
    I'm sure I posted links to these much earlier in this thread but yeah, it was a genuine lol moment as you read down the comments in that thread you can see when the android users turn up...

imgur.com/aoYtI.png

I just read a blog post/article yesterday of a complete apple fan swapping to android
    Arent they all the same iphone home screens, I thought it was a link to a game of spot the difference :-)

Just read the comments at the bottom, confirms I wasn't the only one to think that..

Edited by darrenb at 19:50:39 05-01-2013
  • Steve_Perry 5 Jan 2013 20:18:38 3,578 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Christ those iPhone screens are boring. For a company dedicated to aesthetics you would think apple would let you make it less fugly.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• thefilthandthefury 5 Jan 2013 21:33:08 24,951 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want to use my mobile phone as a wifi hotspot for my Nexus 7. Does anybody know if T-Mobile charge extra for using this feature? It seems to just work but don't want some stupid bill turning up. I'm on an unlimited data plan... though that's not REALLY unlimited.
  • robthehermit 5 Jan 2013 22:09:17 3,970 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    T-mobile won't let you tether on their 'Full Monty' plan. Three will let you on The One Plan. I'm wondering if come the end of this year when I upgrade again if Three will offer unlimited 4g. It's nice to have a dream.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• thefilthandthefury 5 Jan 2013 22:25:42 24,951 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    See, I thought they wouldn't let me... but I choose the 'Wi-Fi Hotspot' option on the phone and it just works! It let me connect to it and whatnot and webpages were loading. I'm just worried they'll spring some secret charge on me!
  • crashVoodoo 5 Jan 2013 23:28:06 3,853 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    See, I thought they wouldn't let me... but I choose the 'Wi-Fi Hotspot' option on the phone and it just works! It let me connect to it and whatnot and webpages were loading. I'm just worried they'll spring some secret charge on me!
    I was on tmo prior to swapping to orange and I tethered all the time. I never got charged in the 24 months I did it.

I did have arguments with their sales reps tho because they would always call me up offering some kind of WiFi hotspot gadget and I'd ask them exactly why I needed that shit.

They told me that I'm not allowed to use my phone data, i have to buy an additional data service. The argument I'd use in defence was, I have a 3gb data limit and if I'm not going over it then what is the issue?

Err.... *silence *

Thought so. *click*

• Tonka 7 Jan 2013 07:34:13 20,012 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could someone explain the network icons for me?
    The WiFi can be blue and sometimes it has small x's on it. What's that all about?

My reception icon goes from blue to grey if I turn off the wifi. What gives?

• brokenkey 7 Jan 2013 09:42:24 6,945 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    one of the power save functions on the device sees it turn off wifi connection when the device goes to sleep. When you wake it up, it will usually connect back straight away, maybe you're seeing the disconnected icon during the short period when its reconnecting?

oh, and Plague Inc. Proper great game.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• thefilthandthefury 7 Jan 2013 10:01:58 24,951 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I was on tmo prior to swapping to orange and I tethered all the time. I never got charged in the 24 months I did it.

I did have arguments with their sales reps tho because they would always call me up offering some kind of WiFi hotspot gadget and I'd ask them exactly why I needed that shit.

They told me that I'm not allowed to use my phone data, i have to buy an additional data service. The argument I'd use in defence was, I have a 3gb data limit and if I'm not going over it then what is the issue?

Err.... *silence *

Thought so. *click*
    Haha, that's pretty much exactly how I imagined it would be. Excellent!
  • Tonka 7 Jan 2013 10:10:21 20,012 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @brokenkey No, that's not it. It almost apear to be the opposite where little crosses show up to denote data being shuffled across the wifi.

Very annoying that I can't find anywhere that explains the various colours and icaons and stuff.

• Tonka 7 Jan 2013 10:10:29 20,012 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

• warlockuk 7 Jan 2013 10:12:59 19,134 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite like my Nexus 4. There's a crack on the back glass though - haven't dropped it or anything. Used it a load, put it on to charge and went to sleep. Woke up and there was a crack in one corner.

I've read online that the glass can crack with heat/cold differences but I've no idea whatsoever how it happened to mine.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Page

of 52 First / Last