Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Page 8

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Baleoce 13 Nov 2012 15:03:39 1,169 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I tend to ignore the user reviews for that reason also. If the game is in the top pricing tier, I will take the average of all editor reviews to influence my purchasing decision. If it's mid tier or indie, I just judge it for myself.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• harriselhoff 13 Nov 2012 17:26:26 136 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just traded Unchartered and Gravity Rush for this, after finding out they're coming to plus. Only cost 5 then :-) Really hope it's not a stinking pile of shit.
  • Help_me 13 Nov 2012 17:40:13 907 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @harriselhoff Mixed reports. Hope it's good for you.
  • harriselhoff 13 Nov 2012 18:50:12 136 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Help_me

Thanks. Just had a really quick go now whilst my son's at football. Seems nice and smooth, and very Call of Dutyish. My only concern so far would be the possible lack of content. Other than that I'm pleasantly surprised but to be fair have only played it for about 30 minutes.
  • Help_me 13 Nov 2012 18:59:40 907 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Keep us updated will you. Intrigued to know if it's going to have longevity.
  • CosmicFuzz 13 Nov 2012 19:00:45 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah let us know if he scores.

Wait

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• King_Edward 13 Nov 2012 19:01:58 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bealsy wrote:
    Cod is gaming marmite. As long as it plays like cod people will lap it up or hate it depending on which side of the fence they sit on. I fancy picking it up. Cod on the bog sounds like good fun.
    Dynasty Warriors is gaming's Marmite. CoD is more like Pink Wafers.
  • Help_me 13 Nov 2012 19:09:08 907 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz Lol. And just for you i'll leave my post as is!
  • jonsaan 13 Nov 2012 19:18:04 25,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Checking out vids on youtube. It looks pretty good imo.

FCUTA!

• Gambit1977 13 Nov 2012 19:32:11 9,555 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's pretty smooth. Has the old level up sounds etc too online, which are better than the new tinkles on ps3
  • harriselhoff 13 Nov 2012 20:05:43 136 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just had my first go online and really enjoyed it. Probably helped that I got 21 kills and only 7 deaths. Normally the other way around for me!
  • Baleoce 13 Nov 2012 20:32:10 1,169 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How do the analogue sticks feel for FPS?

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Neodog 13 Nov 2012 20:32:12 294 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    1.01 Patch is out and its a whopping 409MB. It adds Ad-Hoc multi-player, SO you can play with people in your local area without a Internet connection. Plus game play balancing to multi-player and audio levelling.

http://www.twolittlegamers.co.uk

• johnson81 13 Nov 2012 20:39:33 368 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Similarly to harriselhoff I traded Uncharted and Gravity Rush in response to next weeks PS+ and to be honest, I'm really surprised. Played it for about an hour and apart from a 400mb update and a hard crash the game is pretty good.

The 10 main mission seen to be similar to "Mile High Club" where you are constantly under fire from enemies and required trial and error to complete. I thought I'd try Veteran difficulty as Resistance' hardest difficulty was pretty easy. Wrong, got my ass handed to me within seconds.

This can be good and bad, it depends on if you get frustrated easily. The 5 time trails available are the same as at the beginning of other games, where you have to beat a certain time limit around an obstacle course. Again, if you're not into beating high scores you will not like this.

Only had a couple of games online and it definitely feels like COD, but the maps can feel a bit claustrophobic. It feels like a COD game, is pretty smooth to play and I think doesn't look too bad on the Vita.

Whether or not the 4x4 can provide entertainment after the single player side of things is finished I'm not sure.

Edit: I think the analogue sticks feel fine, I did adjust the sensitivity slightly like most people have and if you can think back to early FPS on the PS3, there was a lot of strafing to align your shots. I seem to be doing this alot. Also does anyone know how to run? Everytime I press down on the Dpad, it does nothing or an animation begins for a split second then nothing. Tried disabling auto run but still doesn't seem to work.

Edited by johnson81 at 20:42:06 13-11-2012
  • harriselhoff 13 Nov 2012 20:46:26 136 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @johnson81

I seem to run if I push the stick all the way. Wouldn't mind turning auto run off, but not sure if it would be a bit fiddly.

The sticks feel fine for me too, I turned the sensitivity down though as I was constantly over shooting (no pun intended) at the default setting.
  • johnson81 13 Nov 2012 21:29:27 368 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @harriselhoff

I think if the auto run is on, after a second of moving in the same direction it auto runs. I'm trying to run from a standstill like in Resistance, but doesn't seem to work.
  • Gambit1977 13 Nov 2012 21:52:41 9,555 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    johnson81 wrote:
    @ harriselhoff

I think if the auto run is on, after a second of moving in the same direction it auto runs. I'm trying to run from a standstill like in Resistance, but doesn't seem to work.
    Auto run can be turned off in the options menu mate. I'd assume it then reverts to the digi pad.
  • johnson81 13 Nov 2012 23:09:18 368 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really strange problem. To run I end up having to hold up on the left stick and then press and hold the d-pad down. Not the most comfortable thing to do.
  • Neodog 13 Nov 2012 23:15:38 294 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Here is my two pence worth...

First Impressions

• G-VideoDie 13 Nov 2012 23:42:05 78 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm...

...just...

...so....
    ...confused!!!

I think I might really like this...

...or hate it.
  • harriselhoff 13 Nov 2012 23:50:00 136 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    johnson81 wrote:
    Really strange problem. To run I end up having to hold up on the left stick and then press and hold the d-pad down. Not the most comfortable thing to do.
    Very weird. I've got auto run on, and I'm pretty sure that all I'm doing is pushing and holding up on the analogue stick.
  • Bealsy 14 Nov 2012 08:23:56 756 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So.... it's limited, there's not much to it, but it's definitely COD. And I like it. Difficulty on the single player stuff is painfully hard on top level, and there seems to be a fair few number of people playing.

So far - an EG 8/10. Has possible problems with longevity but it's a lovely game to play and really doesn't look too bad to boot.
  • santashi 14 Nov 2012 08:30:51 4,929 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Neodog

I liked Resistance on the Vita, whilst it was the best FPS I had played
    You might want to put a 'not' in there, or you're going to sound pretty controversial. :D

Nice to hear that people are enjoying it, anyway.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Progguitarist 14 Nov 2012 08:46:30 10,316 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    First review?
  • Murbal 14 Nov 2012 08:51:09 21,547 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bealsy wrote:
    So far - a Bealsy 8/10.
    Fixed that for you ;-)
  • johnson81 14 Nov 2012 09:32:12 368 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That Pocket Gamer review is pretty harsh, also love the

"The patch did include an ad hoc multiplayer offering, but we weren't able to test this in time for the review."

So why review it before testing it? How can you review a game in one day, pretty pathetic TBH. I think people were expecting the console version on a handheld but obviously that's not possible.

For 35 I wouldn't buy it, but as I only paid 10 including trades, I'm happy. I loved "Mile High Club" on Veteran and the single player levels feel alot like that, trial and error.

I read people complaining that in multiplayer, peoples names do not appear over the player so you are not sure if they are enemy or friendly. Obviously people haven't noticed that there is a perk that causes that to give you the edge.

The game is far from perfect but a 4/10. Behave.
  • Kangoo 14 Nov 2012 09:52:21 1,011 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played some more MP last night, really enjoyed it and completely lag free again. Maps feel just the right size, no trouble getting a game, preferred it to the last couple of PS3 COD's.
    Also tried out some of the hostile mode, ended up playing it for ages, definitely addictive and something you can come back to again and again.
    Is expensive for what it is, but I am really enjoying it more than Resistance and that was a very solid 7/10 for me.

PSN: Adwab2

• Neodog 14 Nov 2012 10:04:51 294 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @Neodog

You might want to put a 'not' in there, or you're going to sound pretty controversial. :D

DOH! Thats why I should never write whilst tired. Thanks for the spot!

• GuiltySpark 14 Nov 2012 10:08:11 6,281 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Neodog wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    @Neodog

DOH! Thats why I should never write whilst tired. Thanks for the spot!
    I stopped reading after I read that! The power of proofreading prevails.

Get bent.

• Bealsy 14 Nov 2012 10:20:00 756 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Murbal haha :) I'm really enjoying it though, best MP game on Vita in my eyes. Hope we see more maps
  • Page

of 18 First / Last