Gears of War: Judgement Page 6

• Page

of 90 First / Last

• Deleted user 12 December 2012 18:42:22
    barbour99 wrote:
    Gears forum dudes are mentioning the Gnasher as being a pick up weapon in free for all. FFA is a totally different ball game though. I also noticed you no longer pick up ammo from dropped guns, it's auto, and that you can also dual wield the boomshield and gnasher. Avoiding the SP videos.
    That sounds terrible. I'll give it a few goes before totally dismissing it, but it doesn't sound like Gears at all.
  • Jono62 12 Dec 2012 18:49:51 14,199 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BiggerBFG wrote:
    That last weapon looks good.
  • SergeantMajorFury 12 Dec 2012 20:27:11 336 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    barbour99 wrote:
    Gears forum dudes are mentioning the Gnasher as being a pick up weapon in free for all. FFA is a totally different ball game though. I also noticed you no longer pick up ammo from dropped guns, it's auto, and that you can also dual wield the boomshield and gnasher. Avoiding the SP videos.
    That sounds terrible. I'll give it a few goes before totally dismissing it, but it doesn't sound like Gears at all.
    This is one Gears game I will probably skip out on, but not for this reason. Played it at the expo and just really did not think much of it.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 20:56:14
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    That free for all video is worrying. The lancer seems to kill very quickly, and no gnasher in sight!
    I'm fully expecting to not get on with Free For All. I'll probably try it out, like Beast or Wingman in Gears 3 but it just looks a bit too frantic.

Still waiting eagerly to see if there is any team game modes (besides Overrun)...

The new meter in the top-left hand side of the screen with the stars is quite interesting. Some sort of new arcade-esque scoring system?
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 21:14:37
    SergeantMajorFury wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    barbour99 wrote:
    This is one Gears game I will probably skip out on, but not for this reason. Played it at the expo and just really did not think much of it.
    This doesn't sound good! Does it still feel like Gears?
  • Jono62 13 Dec 2012 20:36:13 14,199 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/729744/x-play-checks-out-more-gears-of-war-judgment-multiplayer-footage/
  • Jono62 13 Dec 2012 23:08:48 14,199 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OverRun gameplay.
  • RedSparrows 14 Dec 2012 11:52:35 23,327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If this turns out to be an ODST style job, incorporating Gears 3 MP, then I might be interested.

IF it's a whole new MP, then I won't be.
  • SergeantMajorFury 14 Dec 2012 12:01:21 336 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    SergeantMajorFury wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    barbour99 wrote:
    This doesn't sound good! Does it still feel like Gears?
    It sort of did, but then there's things like this.
    If there's no DBNO, it's also possible that there are no executions anymore, unless by having no DBNO they mean not being able to crawl around, but that seems unlikely.

You only get to choose a single starting weapon, either the gnasher or a rifle (+pistol).

Still, I'd like to sit down and play it in my own time before I completely write it off.

Edited by SergeantMajorFury at 12:04:10 14-12-2012
  • BiggerBFG 14 Dec 2012 12:49:49 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There were def executions on one of the videos. That could be just the campaign tho.
  • SergeantMajorFury 14 Dec 2012 12:53:22 336 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was.
  • barbour99 14 Dec 2012 13:38:48 951 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not having DBNO on traditional multiplayer might be odd. We've never really tried it though, so it might work out for the better.

In overrun, it's definitely not missed. It plays like those frantic games of CTL that most of us enjoy.

I'm can't see their being an ODST option with these changes. No way to easily combine the two gameplay types.
  • barbour99 14 Dec 2012 15:36:40 951 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When Overrun was initially announced, DBNO was still possible...

Overrun Tutorial on YT

Edited by barbour99 at 15:37:03 14-12-2012
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Dec 2012 17:25:12 14,983 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I want a demo damn it. I so want to/will love it, whatever it is. Gears is god :)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 16:17:22 29-12-2012

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BiggerBFG 14 Dec 2012 17:41:53 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://uk.gamespot.com/gears-of-war-judgment/previews/gears-of-war-judgment-fights-redundancy-through-innovation-6401470/

interesting read re: campaign and actions having consequences.

Edited by BiggerBFG at 17:42:52 14-12-2012
  • BiggerBFG 14 Dec 2012 17:43:17 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • BiggerBFG 29 Dec 2012 15:44:51 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://epicgames.com/community/2012/12/epic-games-podcast-12-jim-brown-talks-about-judgment/

I dunno about this, lads. No DBNO meaning no wingman lol but also no guardian and CTL. Seriously?

MP is COG v COG

Nothing but negativity in the comments .
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Dec 2012 16:09:20 14,983 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BiggerBFG
    Just listened, and read the posts.

I agree BFG.
    This does not sound like our beloved Gears :(
    No DBNO due to new players finding it hard (killing someone twice!) and even some hardcore players dont like it...name one.
    I will be buying, but I'm already sad for the game we SHOULD have got.

Jim Brown is talking a lot of shite, keeps calling various things that made GEARS not cod/halo etc "one small piece..."

• DUFFMAN5 29 Dec 2012 16:12:01 14,983 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One of the many neg coments:
    these changes are not only unnecessary but damaging! i have loads of friends who play gears, everyone of them like myself are filled with disappointment and anger. it's almost shocking you guys would remove the very things that made this game what it is. no dbno, execution, frag tagging, NO LOCUSTS!!! i don't know who's telling you what, but most of my friends identify with locusts, removing them from multi is just absolutely unacceptable!

i agree with the others, it seems frighteningly close to halo and cod in many ways, makes one question. my advice would be to have a serious rethink, push the release date, take the time to get it right, your fans will still be here; but by all means DO NOT release this game as is! canceling my pre-order as we speak, i'll be sure to share this

The bit I have bolded...please take note, of course they wont. JB states this.

• BiggerBFG 29 Dec 2012 16:39:21 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No grenade tagging?! I'm out!
  • BiggerBFG 29 Dec 2012 17:01:43 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gears of War Judgement 2 is to be a FPS! WTF (joke)

Could ye imagine?
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Dec 2012 17:07:10 14,983 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...don't joke...

Are you still getting day one BFG, I mean if you dont, as the hardest of hardcore of our thread, then something will be very wrong in the Gears world.

I will still be getting day one, but I am concerned about what we are being told. I can see me playing the campaign, hopefully with you fine chaps, playing online, but returning to 2 and 3 for most of my online fun.

• Vortex808 29 Dec 2012 17:21:28 7,310 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That is all a bit worrying. Especially as most of what was mentioned made gears slightly different from the other big games.

It probably won't stop me getting it, but still...

:(

Edited by Vortex808 at 17:21:43 29-12-2012
  • BiggerBFG 29 Dec 2012 17:31:04 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still getting it day one but def no special edition this time.

And certainly no season pass until after a playthru. For 3 the MS points for the season pass were ordered well in advance of day one.

Will I still take a few days off? I'll have to see.

I hate COD I don't want a COD clone!
  • Deleted user 29 December 2012 17:31:26
    Does not sound good at all, not sure about day one anymore.

I'll wait for a few more previews/reviews before deciding.
  • barbour99 30 Dec 2012 08:14:49 951 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are apparently still MP modes to confirm, so there may be a 'traditional' one in there somewhere.

Overrun is a big change and so is the controller layout switch but they both work really well for me. Lets see what else they have up their sleeves.

I'm staying cautiously optimistic...
  • BiggerBFG 30 Dec 2012 09:55:36 800 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm going in with an open mind. It'll be fine, lads. Won't it? :'(
  • Jono62 30 Dec 2012 11:05:40 14,199 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So no DBNO means no executions right? That's crap for a start.

I can take the COG vs COG thing, although my ageing brain will be confused and I will get killed by thinking "is he a team mate? *twack!* ok, he isn't!"

Wingman was rubbish, but guardian and CTL are what make Gears 3 fun and why I play it (less so) even now.

If they make horde like Gears 2 then it might salvage it but, as I've already payed for it, it'll be day one for me.
  • barbour99 4 Jan 2013 15:22:37 951 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    News to me but apparently GoW:J is going to remove active reloads for balancing...

http://gearsblog.com/archive/what-to-expect-from-gears-of-war-judgment/

Anyone else heard of this?
  • Jono62 4 Jan 2013 15:59:52 14,199 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If that happens, I'm asking for a refund. No DBNO is bad enough, but no active reloads??? May as well call it Gears of Duty!
  • Page

of 90 First / Last