Iron Man 3 Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 19:14:06 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Is it just me thinks the revenge line is spoileriffic?
    I don't think so really, the film's always been marketed as "the Mandarin tears Tony Stark's life to pieces"

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 19:18:51
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Just the one.

Killian (creator of the Extremis virus) is in it as well, but it looks like he's going to be more a supporting character/henchman rather than a full blown villain.

Coldblood is normally portrayed on the side of the good, though apparently the film version is only "loosely" based on the comic character, but he seems friendly/neutral in the new trailer so who knows.
    In interviews the guy playing Coldblood specifically states he's part of a trio of villains (Mandarin, Guy Pearce, him), and there are a couple of other people cast as known Marvel villains too.

Granted, they're probably all going to end up being "people in Iron Man suits", but eh, it just looks like it's going to be a very busy movie, which traditionally means a complete lack of focus for superhero films.
  • Gambit1977 5 Mar 2013 19:19:01 9,546 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope that's all it is. ;-)
  • BinaryBob101 5 Mar 2013 19:22:04 21,966 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The good thing going for Iron Man 3 is Shane Black. Been a while since Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang and Lethal Weapon though.

Also, Ben Kingley's voice sounds a bit odd, it's like Agent Smith meets Ledger's Joker.

Edited by BinaryBob101 at 19:25:08 05-03-2013

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• ecureuil 5 Mar 2013 19:25:27 76,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Prediction: The necklace gives Pepper a suit. That'll be how she survives his mansion getting blown up.
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 19:27:00 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Just the one.

Killian (creator of the Extremis virus) is in it as well, but it looks like he's going to be more a supporting character/henchman rather than a full blown villain.

Coldblood is normally portrayed on the side of the good, though apparently the film version is only "loosely" based on the comic character, but he seems friendly/neutral in the new trailer so who knows.
    In interviews the guy playing Coldblood specifically states he's part of a trio of villains (Mandarin, Guy Pearce, him), and there are a couple of other people cast as known Marvel villains too.

Granted, they're probably all going to end up being "people in Iron Man suits", but eh, it just looks like it's going to be a very busy movie, which traditionally means a complete lack of focus for superhero films.
    Possibly. Coldblood is a cyborg in the comics, guess it's not a stretch to adapt that to a super-suit or some form of the Extremis virus. Be interesting to see how they explain Mandarin's rings, I don't imagine they'll go for the "mysterious rings crafted by a race of extraterrestrial dragons who crash-landed on earth" origin of the comics.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• BinaryBob101 5 Mar 2013 19:37:09 21,966 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a good job we have DM to come in here and potentially spoil every possible plotline of every future Marvel movie ever.

Thanks DM.

Lens Flare

• ronuds 5 Mar 2013 19:44:36 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think that's spoiling.
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 19:47:04 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Prediction: The necklace gives Pepper a suit. That'll be how she survives his mansion getting blown up.
    Or maybe it's some sort of homing beacon?

• BinaryBob101 5 Mar 2013 19:53:49 21,966 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    I don't think that's spoiling.
    That's why I said potentially. ;)

Lens Flare

• ronuds 5 Mar 2013 20:00:43 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But if it's information that was written years ago...

I don't know - I guess it depends on the definition. I said I didn't think it was, but it could very well be. :p
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 20:03:01 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well anything has the "potential" to happen, especially in comic book films. But if there's one thing I've learned from superhero movies is that even when theyre based on existing storylines they end up being drastically different (see the clusterfuck that was X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, Daredevil, etc).

• ronuds 5 Mar 2013 20:06:05 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How was X-MEN: FC for continuity?

Love that one... maybe the most. Jennifer Lawrence helps. A lot.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 20:09:16
    I'm curious as to how they're going to handle Days of Future Past being a sequel to both Last Stand -and- First Class simultaneously, given the gaping differences between the two (old Xavier walking, him being friends with Magneto, Cyclops not being 60 years old, etc etc). Presumably just "PARALLEL DIMENSIONS" hand-wavey gubbins.

Edited by meme at 20:09:32 05-03-2013
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 20:12:53 55,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same as first class. The rule of cool > continuity and long may it continue.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• ronuds 5 Mar 2013 20:14:14 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't understand what you're saying - Xavier and Magneto went their separate ways at the end of FC.

I haven't heard anything about a new one. I take it no Jennifer Lawrence, though?
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 20:15:27 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    How was X-MEN: FC for continuity?

Love that one... maybe the most. Jennifer Lawrence helps. A lot.
    It had elements of continuity, like Xavier and Magneto starting off as friends, Beast turning himself furry, etc. Other than that it was a completely original story. The missile crisis stuff was completely new. The whole thing with Mystique being Xavier's adopted sister was completely new, as was her allegiance to Magneto (though I guess that was to tie it into the existing trilogy).

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:16:22 05-03-2013

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 20:15:28
    They're going to have to address it, though. They've confirmed that it is actually a sequel to both films, and not just an "old cast has a cameo" thing. Last I heard, Singer was harassing James Cameron for time travel continuity stuff.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 20:16:11
    ronuds wrote:
    I don't understand what you're saying - Xavier and Magneto went their separate ways at the end of FC.
    In Last Stand they're still friends in the 80s, and Xavier's still walking.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2013 20:17:40 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @meme So you're saying X and M are friends and that X is walking in the upcoming one?

Edit: Too late - it's what you're saying.

Edited by ronuds at 20:18:16 05-03-2013
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 20:19:42 55,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It will be a direct sequel to first class but, given the enormous amount of continuity errors it willingly created, I doubt it will give a shit about the first three movies.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 20:20:17
    No, I'm saying that the upcoming one is a sequel to both films (Last Stand and First Class) simultaneously. And that both films have substantial continuity differences that they can't really just ignore.

Confirmation here that Singer intends to address it though - http://www.movieweb.com/news/bryan-singer-consults-with-james-cameron-on-time-travel-and-x-men-days-of-future-past

I'm taking into account every movie - I'm not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I'm taking into account the entire universe as it's been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there's some clean-up. But ultimately I'm not just ignoring them either.
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 20:21:51 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    They're going to have to address it, though. They've confirmed that it is actually a sequel to both films, and not just an "old cast has a cameo" thing. Last I heard, Singer was harassing James Cameron for time travel continuity stuff.
    The current rumour is that it will be an adaptation of Days of Future Past, which could actually be very, very cool if done right (and is indeed a time-travel type affair, sort of). Always wanted to see the Sentinels in the X-Men films, especially after the cocktease at the start of Last Stand.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:22:53 05-03-2013

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 20:23:35
    That's not a current rumour. That's literally the title of the film.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 20:25:21 55,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I cant see why he's bothering, to be honest. The first one rode so roughshod over continuity, it may as well have not bothered even pretending to be in the same universe.

He would be better off just pretending the first three didnt happen.

He totally called it

• nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 20:26:54 55,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And the wolverine movie. In fact mainly the wolverine movie. That one scene where he breaks the young mutants out of prison screwed almost ever bit of internal continuity they had.

He totally called it

• spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 20:27:42 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    That's not a current rumour. That's literally the title of the film.
    Ah, didn't realise it had actually been confirmed yet.

• spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 20:28:33 27,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    And the wolverine movie. In fact mainly the wolverine movie. That one scene where he breaks the young mutants out of prison screwed almost ever bit of internal continuity they had.
    That film was so bad I doubt it will ever even be referenced again to be honest.

Luckily the new one sounds pretty awesome.

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 20:29:06
    It's basically because Singer sees the first two movies as his babies, and doesn't really want to continue on just from someone else's take on the universe, so he's smushing it all together so he can carry on as he was.

Be interesting to see what continuity the new Wolverine movie takes. Jackman must be on some sort of cinematic record for alternate portrayals by now.
  • nickthegun 5 Mar 2013 20:33:27 55,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:

That film was so bad I doubt it will ever even be referenced again to be honest.

By all accounts, thats exactly what the new wolverine movie is for. Its wiping the last one off the planet and pretending it doesnt exist.

He totally called it

• Page

of 8 First / Last