What chance England under Roy?

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • bladdard 26 May 2012 22:27:50 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well Parker and Barry both look crocked one groin and one achilles and they were both shit at recycling possesion tonight as was Milner when he filled the defensive midfield position.

Gerrard spent most of tonights match trying to pull of Hollywood passes with about s 30% success rate and also couldn't hold onto possesion for toffee. Carrick is a master at recycling possesion and holding onto the ball but Roy doesn't rate him.

Our strongest attacking fullbacks are Glen Johnson and Micah Richards and Roy doesn't fancy them either and to add insult to injury he prefers Downing to the incredibly talented Adam Johnson.

Don't get me started on Carroll but this whole England 2012 campaign is already a farce and the competition hasn't even started.

Ah well at least we've got Walcott and Ox, if we can't win we can at least console ourselves with the very prestigious the headless chicken award. Don't get me wrong there are some extremely talented English players but Roy has most of them on standby and pissed the rest of them off.

So I think we'll bore our way out of the group with a win and a couple of draws and go out against the first decent side we meet.

Can't wait! :(
  • RedSparrows 26 May 2012 22:42:46 22,332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't wait for everyone being a pundit.

Ah.
  • Deleted user 26 May 2012 22:58:49
    England are quite rubbish with a few decent players and many mediocre players who play with no passion or pride whatsoever. I give them no chance to develop into something approaching a good side for the foreseeable future.
  • MightyMouse 26 May 2012 23:40:18 1,132 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glen Johnson's almost certain to start at right back. Adam Johnson is inconsistent and plays his best stuff coming in off the right wing, where Hodgson doesn't want him.

Whilst Carrick has been hard done by in regards to England, making yourself available on condition of being picked isn't something that coaches can give in to.

We'll probably go out to the first decent team we face, but it's not like there's some euro-winning team that he could have picked but ignored.
  • King_Edward 26 May 2012 23:45:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GK - Hart
    RB - Walker
    CB - Jones
    CB - Smalling
    LB - Baines
    CDM - Rodwell
    CM - Wilshire
    CM - Cleverley
    RW - Walcott
    CF - Rooney
    LW - Chamberpot

Future's not all bad.
  • THFourteen 27 May 2012 00:20:32 33,247 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When will people stop blaming every england manager for the same uninspiring performances. Managers have changed over the last ten years but players have been pretty much the same quality. shite.
  • roz123 27 May 2012 00:43:55 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Better off with a cheaper manager who gives a shit and more money invested in the future then an expensive foreign manager imo.
    If the best players perform and we are tight at the back we stand a small chance
  • BillMurray 27 May 2012 00:48:52 7,705 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Doesn't really matter who they're under, IMHO. They'll always be guff.
  • Trowel 27 May 2012 08:10:11 17,682 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bladdard wrote:
    Our strongest attacking fullbacks are Glen Johnson and Micah Richards
    Your strongest attacking fullback is Baines, but every time he plays for England literally no-one passes to him when he overlaps. It's a source of much amusement on the Everton boards.
  • bladdard 27 May 2012 10:15:30 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Trowel

Sorry mate I mean't right backs, can't believe Phil Jones might get a start in place of Johnson or Richards. Cole and Baines are both brilliant attacking players. I'd take Cole for his athleticism but Baines is such a skilful player with brilliant energy. I really rate Baines and think we should try him as a left winger.

My biggest fear is in midfield where we can't look after the ball, our attack always looks isolated and although it's early days I didn't see any improvement from Hodgson over what Capello was doing.

Edited by bladdard at 10:17:13 27-05-2012
  • bladdard 27 May 2012 10:15:48 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • StarchildHypocrethes 27 May 2012 10:18:48 25,653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    All that time Hodgson has had as England manager, you'd think he'd have nailed it by now.
  • bladdard 27 May 2012 10:21:26 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @King_Edward

Lots of potential but won't help us at the Euros.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 27 May 2012 10:23:28 9,791 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why does everyone say Adam Johnson is brilliant? Hardly ever gets a game, extended his contract at City recently because he's happy sitting on the bench earning big wages. He should be nowhere near the England squad.

He always gets spoken of as some great prospect. He's older than Theo and nowhere near as good a player.
  • bladdard 27 May 2012 10:24:05 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes

The point is he doesn't have any time the tournament starts in two weeks. Stuart Pearce should have taken England to the Euros and then Hodgson could come in, chucking a new team together managerial and player wise just before a major tournament is madness.
  • RedSparrows 27 May 2012 10:27:24 22,332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't really see any difference in likely end results for Euro 2012. I doubt Hodgson sees the tournament as his work anyway. Unless they win ;)
  • beastmaster 27 May 2012 10:31:59 11,338 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think they'll come second in the group stages on goal difference and then get knocked out.

I suppose this is because of the dull, lacklustre performance of theirs last night. I won't be watching next Saturday's friendly. I just can't drum up any enthusiasm for England at all.

I am looking forward to the tournament though. As with everyone here, I'm hoping for some cracking games of football and eyeing up potential targets that United (or whoever) have.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• StarchildHypocrethes 27 May 2012 10:32:24 25,653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What difference would having Pearce as manager make?
  • bladdard 27 May 2012 10:35:10 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Possibly none but at least there would have been some continuity, Pearce has been ever present under Capello.
  • King_Edward 27 May 2012 11:04:46 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Why does everyone say Adam Johnson is brilliant? Hardly ever gets a game, extended his contract at City recently because he's happy sitting on the bench earning big wages. He should be nowhere near the England squad.

He always gets spoken of as some great prospect. He's older than Theo and nowhere near as good a player.
    He's skillful and not afraid to run at people, or go around them.

He is approximately 10 billion times as good as Theo Walcott.
  • bladdard 27 May 2012 11:13:06 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @beastmaster

I'm looking forward to the tournament but it'll be even better when we (England) are out. The hype machine in this country is unbearable as is the personal anxiety caused by my hope against expectation that this time we might play some decent football and have a good run.
  • bladdard 27 May 2012 11:13:22 933 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 27 May 2012 11:27:52
    Fate is sealed based on a friendly.
  • roz123 27 May 2012 11:41:50 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bladdard I agree about cole and baines together. Cole is a great defender and Baines is probably englands best crosser and set piece taker.
  • King_Edward 27 May 2012 12:17:08 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The anti-England fan thing is getting almost as annoying as the pro-England media thing.
  • Deleted user 27 May 2012 12:24:14
    @bladdard Carrick retired.
  • Dougs 27 May 2012 12:42:01 67,264 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bladdard wrote:
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Possibly none but at least there would have been some continuity, Pearce has been ever present under Capello.
    Have you watched the U21s play? Really awful football.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous